Los Angeles AutoZone Ransacked Amid Surge in Store Looting - Internewscast Journal
Los Angeles AutoZone Ransacked Amid Surge in Store Looting

Los Angeles AutoZone Ransacked Amid Surge in Store Looting

Another AutoZone in Los Angeles has been targeted by looters, coming just one week after an East LA store was ransacked twice in the same day.

The latest incident unfolded around 5:30 a.m. Monday at the AutoZone located at 10013 S. Central Ave. in South Los Angeles, following an alleged street takeover, Fox 11 reported.

According to the LAPD, several vehicles blocked an intersection during the takeover. Two people were arrested, though authorities have not yet said how many looters may have taken part in the burglary as the investigation continues.

The South Los Angeles smash-and-grab follows another brazen series of AutoZone thefts earlier this month, when a group of 27 alleged looters descended on an East Los Angeles location twice within 24 hours.

During the first break-in, surveillance video captured 11 suspects entering the store after someone allegedly shattered the glass entrance. The same AutoZone was reportedly hit again the next day by another 16 suspects.

Authorities said the two raids led to at least $50,000 worth of stolen merchandise, along with three stolen cash registers.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department later released photos of both groups and urged members of the public to help identify the suspects.

“Investigators believe the suspects may have also participated in the previous day’s burglary at the same location which occurred during a street takeover,” LASD said of the second group.

The first raid erupted alongside a street takeover near Olympic and Atlantic boulevards. The following night, more than 100 vehicles reportedly descended on the area as the AutoZone was hit again.

And East LA wasn’t the only target.

Break-ins were also reported in other AutoZone stores such as in Watts, Downey, and Long Beach during the same weekend as the back-to-back raids in East Los Angeles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Jared Kushner Says Hamas Made Positive Signals on Gaza Peace Plan, but IDF Will Stay Until It Disarms

WASHINGTON — Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and special envoy for peace,…

US Blockade Craters Iran Oil Exports, Puts Regime at Risk

Iran’s oil exports have reportedly slowed to almost nothing under a renewed…

Surrogate’s Baby at Center of Abortion Refusal Case Undergoes Major Heart Surgery

A baby boy born via surrogate after a widely publicized dispute over…

Spain Earthquake Triggers Hotel Evacuations, Raises Alarm

A magnitude-4.8 earthquake shook southern Spain on Tuesday, prompting hotel evacuations in…

Artist Narrowly Escapes House Fire After Dismissing Lightning Strike

A Nantucket art consultant was pulled to safety by four strangers after…

Tyson Plant Closures Deepen Beef Crisis Amid Cattle Shortage

If the price of steak or ground beef has already been giving…

Trump Mocked Online Over Relationship With Female Aide

Donald Trump is again drawing mockery over his notably close working relationship…

Police Attacked With Rocks, Arrows and Metal Bars in Australian Town Clash

Police in the remote Northern Territory community of Wadeye — a town…

Mike Lawler Gains Law Enforcement Union Boost in House Race

Law enforcement unions are rallying behind New York Rep. Mike Lawler as…

Scores of Teens Erupt in Violent Brawl at Wisconsin State Fair

A night at a popular Midwest state fair descended into chaos after…

Hayden Panettiere’s Heartbreaking Struggles and Loss Revealed

When Hayden Panettiere sat down for a two-hour conversation with podcaster Jay…

Viral Video of 11-Year-Old Hayden Panettiere Singing Delights Fans

A throwback video of Hayden Panettiere singing at age 11 has resurfaced…