Married Brazil soccer president embroiled in affair scandal

The head of Brazil’s football federation is facing scrutiny amid allegations that he used the organization’s funds to pay for overseas travel linked to an alleged affair.

Samir Xaud, 42, who was elected unopposed as president last year, is accused of flying his alleged mistress to New York before continuing on to Mexico City, where he joined his wife for last week’s World Cup opening ceremony.

According to Brazilian outlet Portal Leo Dias, Xaud was reportedly seen dining with a fitness entrepreneur in central Manhattan during a U.S. trip just days before the World Cup began.

Camila Cristina Andrade, who is from the Brazilian state of Roraima, reportedly spent eight days at the Hyatt Regency Grand Central, a four-star hotel located beside New York City’s landmark railway terminal.

The report also claims the booking, allegedly valued at $11,500, was made in Xaud’s name.

Images published by the outlet appear to show the pair having dinner on June 3 at Harry Cipriani, the well-known Manhattan restaurant inside the Sherry-Netherland hotel on Fifth Avenue.

President of the Brazilian football association Samir Xaud is embroiled in an affair scandal

Brazilian football association president Samir Xaud is facing allegations tied to an affair scandal

Xaud, 42, is pictured with his wife of 20 years, Natalia, with who he shared three children

Xaud, 42, is shown with his wife of 20 years, Natalia, with whom he has three children

Join the discussion

Should football club leaders face harsher consequences for misusing fans’ trust and federation funds?

They were reportedly spotted exiting the ritzy restaurant and leaving in a vehicle, which is said to have been rented by the federation for the duration of Xaud’s trip. 

Xaud is then alleged to have left Andrade in the Big Apple to return to Fortaleza, Brazil, where the nation’s women’s team faced the USA in a friendly on June 8. 

From the international game in Fortaleza, Xaud is said to have jetted to Mexico City where he reunited with his wife Natalia for the World Cup opening ceremony. 

Xaud has reportedly been married to his wife, with whom he shares three children, for more than 20 years. 

However, the claims took another wild twist when the outlet alleged it was not the first time that the president had used federation funds on personal trips abroad. 

Portal Leo Dias also claimed that Xaud sent model and influencer, Tamares Fernandes Barcellos, to Qatar for a FIFA Intercontinental World Cup match in December 2025 at the federation’s expense. 

That trip, which included a business class flight on Emirates and a stay at the Ritz-Carlton Doha for four days, cost a total of $3,400 for the hotel alone, according to documents obtained by Portal Leo Dias. 

However, the Brazilian football association was quick to deny the allegations, insisting that its administration was committed to ethical integrity. 

Xaud sent model and influencer, Tamares Fernandes Barcellos, to Qatar in December 2025

Xaud sent model and influencer, Tamares Fernandes Barcellos, to Qatar in December 2025

The influencer reportedly spent four nights at the Ritz-Carlton Doha, which cost $3,400

She flew to Qatar from Rio de Janeiro on a business class fare

The influencer reportedly spent four nights at the Ritz-Carlton Doha, which cost $3,400

Xaud is pictured at Carlo Ancelotti's unveiling as Brazil manager in May 2025

Xaud is pictured at Carlo Ancelotti’s unveiling as Brazil manager in May 2025 

‘Expenses incurred by the entity are exclusively linked to the CBF’s institutional activities, and personal expenses of its directors are covered by themselves,’ it said in a statement provided to Radio Itatiaia. 

‘The current CBF administration is based on the pillars of transparency, administrative responsibility, and a commitment to integrity. The CBF reiterates that it remains available for any further clarification.’ 

The Daily Mail has also contacted the Brazilian football association for further comment but did not immediately receive a response. 

Xaud reportedly paid for the New York hotel charges on Sunday shortly after being contacted by Portal Leo Dias, the outlet noted. 

The CBF reportedly requested until 1pm local time on Tuesday, June 16, to provide further explanations about the remaining questioned expenses.

The controversy has overshadowed Brazil’s start to the World Cup, which saw them open their campaign for a sixth victory with a 1-1 draw against Morocco in Group C at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. 

Carlo Ancelotti’s side finally sealed their first win of the tournament with a 3-0 rout of Haiti in Philadelphia on Friday. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Liz Jones: Meghan Markle Is Being Cruelly Exploited in the Spotlight

When reports emerged on Wednesday that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were…

Harvard Professors Use AI Clones to Teach $699 Startup Course

Harvard University is selling a $699 entrepreneurship course that uses AI agents…

Karmelo Anthony Denied New Trial in Austin Metcalf Murder Case

A judge has rejected Karmelo Anthony’s request for a new trial. Anthony…

Conjoined Twin Girls Die After Fifth Separation Surgery Fails

Two-year-old conjoined twin sisters tragically died during a highly complex separation operation…

Mother Outraged After Son’s Organs Were Donated to Argentina Without Consent

An Ohio mother says she is outraged after learning that organs and…

Mary Peltola Missed Hundreds of Votes in Taxpayer-Funded Jobs

Democratic Senate nominee Mary Peltola, a former Alaska congresswoman, missed close to…

Hollywood’s Thinness Epidemic Is Putting Girls’ Health at Risk

Hollywood might be less inclined to brush off the growing public alarm…

Cottage Cheese Is Back: Can This ’80s Staple Aid Weight Loss?

Cottage cheese, once shorthand for joyless 1980s dieting, is enjoying an unexpectedly…

Dr. Oz Says MMR Vaccine Is Not Lethal After Trump Remark

WASHINGTON — Dr. Mehmet Oz said Sunday that the measles, mumps and…

Civil Rights Leader Urges Embattled DSA Co-Chair Gustavo Gordillo to Resign

A New York civil rights leader is urging Gustavo Gordillo, co-leader of…

Beloved Kids’ Entertainer Speaks Out After Psychiatric Hold

Beloved children’s entertainer Mychal Threets has spoken publicly for the first time…

Trump Rages as Canada Rejects Proposed Trade Deal Offer

Donald Trump sharply escalated his criticism of Canada in a late-night broadside,…