PGA issues cryptic statement on Brooks Koepka's LIV Golf departure

The PGA Tour released an intriguingly vague statement following Brooks Koepka’s decision to part ways with LIV Golf, the Saudi-funded rival league.

“Brooks Koepka is a highly accomplished professional, and we wish him and his family continued success,” the statement read, without providing further details on Koepka’s move.

The PGA Tour emphasized their commitment to offering the “most competitive, challenging, and lucrative environment” for top golfers to achieve greatness.

According to a source from the Daily Mail, Koepka had already informed the PGA Tour of his plan to exit LIV Golf before the official announcement on Tuesday. The five-time major champion initially joined LIV in 2022, reportedly securing a $100 million deal, though the exact amount he received remains undisclosed. Koepka was among several prominent players who accepted lucrative offers from the Saudi-backed tour, leading to their suspension from the PGA Tour.

Regarding a possible return to the PGA Tour, Koepka did not renew his membership for the 2022-23 season. He would need to apply for reinstatement, triggering a disciplinary process involving the board and player directors. However, details of this process will remain confidential.

Despite the uncertainty, fans are convinced that the PGA Tour is still in Koepka’s future.

A source told the Daily Mail that Koepka informed the PGA Tour about his intention to leave LIV Golf before making Tuesday's announcement through a spokesperson

A source told the Daily Mail that Koepka informed the PGA Tour about his intention to leave LIV Golf before making Tuesday’s announcement through a spokesperson 

The PGA Tour released their own statement shortly after Koepka's announcement on Tuesday

The PGA Tour released their own statement shortly after Koepka’s announcement on Tuesday

‘Brooks is winning a major in short order,’ one fan wrote online. ‘He’ll be back on the PGA Tour in no time.’

Another golf fan asked: ‘Why would yall put this out if you’re not bringing him back?’

Koepka had one year remaining on his deal with LIV but decided to leave that tour to spend more time with his family.

‘Brooks Koepka will be stepping away from LIV Golf,’ according to a statement from his management team released by LIV Golf. ‘He is deeply grateful to Yasir Al-Rumayyan (the governor of the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund, (LIV CEO) Scott O’Neil, and the LIV Golf leadership team, his teammates and the fans.

‘Family has always guided Brooks’ decisions, and he feels this is the right moment to spend more time at home. Brooks will continue to be a huge supporter of LIV Golf and wishes the league and its players continued success. Brooks remains passionate about the game of golf and will keep fans updated on what’s ahead.’

The sudden exit comes as Koepka and his wife, Jena Sims, navigate a period of intense personal grief following the loss of their second child.

Sims, 36, revealed the couple was devastated after learning at 16 weeks that their unborn baby’s heart had stopped beating.

Sharing the news on Instagram, the model wrote: ‘This is a grief no parent is ever prepared for. We are devastated, but remain hopeful to give Crew a sibling one day’.

Brooks Koepka of The United States plays a shot on The Old Course prior to the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship 2025 at The Old Course on October 1

Brooks Koepka of The United States plays a shot on The Old Course prior to the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship 2025 at The Old Course on October 1

Jena Sims (R) the wife of Brooks Koepka of The United States watches with a friend on The Old Course prior to the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship 2025 at The Old Course on October 1

Jena Sims (R) the wife of Brooks Koepka of The United States watches with a friend on The Old Course prior to the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship 2025 at The Old Course on October 1

The couple, who wed in 2022, are already parents to two-year-old son Crew, whose traumatic arrival six weeks premature in 2023 saw him spend 20 days in intensive care.

Sims, a prominent Sports Illustrated model, has often been a fixture at her husband’s side, most recently seen supporting him with young Crew at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in St Andrews.

Despite the emotional toll, Koepka must now navigate a complex professional minefield as he eyes a return to traditional competition. He could face a mandatory one-year ban from the PGA Tour, calculated from the date of his last appearance in an unauthorized LIV event in August 2025.

This suspension could keep the star sidelined from the U.S. circuit until the September 2026 FedEx Cup Fall series.

In contrast, the DP World Tour remains an immediate option, as Koepka currently holds membership and is not barred from their upcoming events.

Koepka remains eligible for all four major championships through 2028, providing a global stage while he serves his exile from the PGA Tour.

You May Also Like

Lady Louise Windsor Brings Boyfriend on Royal Double Date

Lady Louise Windsor’s relationship with Felix da Silva-Clamp appears to have the…

Expert Tips to Keep Your Garden Thriving During a Drought

Daily Mail journalists select and curate the products that feature on our…

Portland Faces Asbestos Cloud Risk in Historic Mill Demolition

A 116-year-old Portland mill contaminated with asbestos is slated for demolition, alarming…

Chris Hansen on Robert Pattinson’s To Catch a Predator Film

Chris Hansen, the longtime face of To Catch a Predator, is addressing…

CEO Who Fired 900 on Zoom Lashes Out After Being Ousted

The tech executive who became widely known for firing 900 employees over…

Hayden Panettiere’s Tragic Connection to Michelle Trachtenberg

Hayden Panettiere and Michelle Trachtenberg helped shape a defining chapter in teen…

Radiation Tests Reveal Clue in Jesus’ Resurrection Story

Few religious relics have been examined, challenged and argued over as intensely…

Hayden Panettiere’s Dad’s Private Agony Revealed by Neighbors

Hayden Panettiere’s devastated father was still trying to heal from the sudden…

Princess Eugenie Names Baby Adelaide Elizabeth Annina Brooksbank

Princess Eugenie has revealed the name of her newborn daughter, Adelaide Elizabeth…

Inside Lindsay Clancy’s Parents’ Lives as Daughter Faces Trial

A stark illustration sits at the center of a $2 million fundraising…

Hayden Panettiere’s Future Hopes Before Family Tragedy Struck

Hayden Panettiere had spoken with hope about the road ahead while promoting…

New UK Prime Minister Exchanged Texts With Imposter Posing as Senior Trump Aide: Report

UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham’s first days in office were quickly overshadowed…