An investigation is underway after a man was assaulted by armed intruders before he was thrown into a car, and his house was set on fire in Yea, Victoria.
Share this @internewscast.com
Authorities suspect that the perpetrators behind a “cowardly attack” that left a Victorian farmer badly hurt and his house burned down last week might have mistakenly targeted an innocent individual.

The 68-year-old was attacked, forced into the trunk of his own vehicle, and covered in petrol on his farm along the Melba Highway in Yea on June 23.

Detectives claim three unknown offenders armed with two guns and a machete confronted the man after knocking on his front door about 1.15am.

An investigation is underway after a man was assaulted by armed intruders before he was thrown into a car, and his house was set on fire in Yea, Victoria.
The man was assaulted by armed intruders before he was thrown into a car, and his house was set on fire in Yea. (Nine)

After failing to comply with their demands for cash and a firearm, the victim was blindfolded and assaulted, police allege.

He was then dragged out of his rural farm property and forced into the boot of his own vehicle.

Subsequently, one offender drove the vehicle up the driveway, removed the man from the car, and took him to a nearby field, where he reportedly faced more assaults.

The victim was then doused in petrol and held at gunpoint while his house was set ablaze, police allege.

The home was destroyed by the blaze.

Armed intruders allegedly stormed a home in Yea, in regional Victoria, before throwing him into his car boot and burning his house to the ground.
Police described the attack as “extremely vicious, violent, and cowardly”. (Nine)

The offenders fled the scene in another vehicle, allegedly taking three of the victims’ firearms with them.

The victim sustained significant lacerations to the back of his head, a broken finger, and injuries to his hands.

Police believe he was also pistol-whipped during the ordeal.

“This vicious, brutal, and cowardly attack on an elderly man living alone in an isolated area requires the public’s help to identify the three attackers,” Detective Sergeant Flyn Loughlin stated.

“He will recover physically. I don’t know how anyone recovers quickly from an attack on you in the sanctity of your own home.

“I don’t know how you ever recover from that emotionally.”

The man sustained lacerations to his head and hands and a broken finger during the ordeal.
The man sustained lacerations to his head and hands and a broken finger during the ordeal. (Nine)

No arrests have been made at this stage.

The three offenders are perceived to be Middle Eastern in appearance and are believed to have spoken in Arabic during the incident.

It is “likely and possible” that the farmer and his home were not the intended victims.

”We’re continuing to investigate the circumstances and the possibility that these offenders have incorrectly targeted the wrong house and wrong intended victim – a victim who was unable to meet their specific demands,” Loughlin said.

Police are urging an anonymous Crime Stoppers caller who provided information relating to the attack to again reach out.

“We’re urging an anonymous caller to Crime Stoppers who recently provided us with information regarding the incident to make further contact and provide any additional details,” Loughlin said.

Anyone who witnessed the incident, has CCTV or dashcam footage or information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
The overlooked 500 per cent price increase blocking new housing

Hidden Costs: The 500% Price Surge Hindering New Home Construction

You’d imagine that in a country the size of Australia, finding new…
Mystery blast burns boats and forces restaurant to evacuate

Unexplained Explosion Ignites Boats and Triggers Restaurant Evacuation

A mystery blast has rocked a Perth harbour, destroying boats and forcing…
A young woman has been left shaken after opening an online fashion order to discover it was crawling with ants and what appeared to be insect eggs

Outrageous Discovery: Shopper Shocked by Disturbing Find in Parcel from Australian Fashion Retailer

A young shopper experienced a disturbing surprise when she opened her online…

Anzac Day 2023: Discover Which Australian States Observe the Public Holiday

Residents of Australia’s most populous state, New South Wales, are set to…

Urgent Search Resumes for Missing 4-Year-Old Gus Lamont in Remote Outback: Latest Updates

The investigation into the disappearance of four-year-old Gus Lamont has intensified as…

Alleged Bondi Beach Shooter Naveed Akram Makes Initial Court Appearance

In Court: Bondi Attack Suspect Naveed Akram has addressed the court for…

Angus Taylor’s Bold Immigration & Tax Strategy: Key Insights Before the Front Bench Reveal

Angus Taylor, the Opposition Leader, is preparing to introduce his revamped front…

Jakara Anthony’s Gold Medal Shines in Historic Olympic Achievement for Australia

With the Milano Cortina Winter Games still underway, the Australian Olympic team…
Angus Taylor and Jane Hume at a press conference

Angus Taylor Faces New Challenge as One Nation Matches Coalition Support

For the first time, One Nation is on level pegging with the…
Undercover police have rammed a car in the middle of Melbourne after it was seen driving erratically.

Melbourne Chaos: Undercover Police Car Intercepts Reckless Driver in Dramatic City Center Clash

Undercover police have rammed a car in the middle of Melbourne after…
A man has been killed, thousands of properties are without power, and flights have been cancelled as wild storms lash large parts of New Zealand.

Severe Storms in New Zealand Claim One Life and Leave Tens of Thousands Without Power

A man has been killed, thousands of properties are without power and…
police generic

Authorities Pursue Suspects in Widespread Parking Lot Scam Investigation

Two men are before the courts as police investigate an alleged theft…