Share this @internewscast.com
Neo-Nazi Thomas Sewell has been charged with affray and other offences after being arrested outside court over an alleged attack on an Indigenous sacred site.
Dozens of officers arrested Sewell outside Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday afternoon, along with two of his supporters.
Sewell was allegedly among about 40 men dressed in black, accused of storming Camp Sovereignty on Sunday evening after attending an anti-immigration rally in the CBD.
Footage showed Sewell, associate Nathan Bull and others lashing out at people gathered at the site, where the remains of Indigenous people from 38 clans are located.

Victoria Police reported that three individuals—a 32-year-old from Balwyn, a 23-year-old from Mooroolbark, and a 20-year-old from Ardeer—were subsequently charged with affray, violent disorder, and additional offenses following their questioning regarding the King’s Domain event.

Sewell was remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

‘Camp Sovereignty is a sacred space’

Independent senator Lidia Thorpe, whose uncle Robbie Thorpe established the camp, welcomed Sewell’s arrest but accused police of dropping the ball by not keeping the neo-Nazis away.
“This is a hate crime,” she told the ABC.
“Camp Sovereignty is a sacred space. It is our place of worship.
“If it were a mosque or a synagogue, it would be taken more seriously.”
Indigenous Australians Minister Malarndirri McCarthy said the attack on Camp Sovereignty was like nothing she had seen in her nearly 10-year parliamentary career.

“These people brazenly and openly did not care if they were seen,” she said.

Sewell was in court on Tuesday for a hearing over charges of intimidating police and breaching multiple personal intervention orders.
He spent the morning cross-examining a witness while representing himself.
Sewell asked the witness questions about the rights of protesting groups, including neo-Nazis, and whether it was a conflict of interest for police to investigate themselves.
He returned to court after the lunch break, when prosecutor Melissa Mahady asked the magistrate to close the room to the media and members of the public.
“The order is necessary to protect the safety of any person,” she told the court.

The court did not resume after that time.

A man in an all black outfit smiles with three men standing close to him next to a playground.

On Tuesday morning, Neo-Nazi Thomas Sewell was escorted away by security when he tried to challenge Victorian Premier Jacinta Allen. Source: AAP / Callum Godde

Earlier on Tuesday, Victorian Premier Jacinta Allan was speaking to journalists in Melbourne when Sewell interrupted.

Flanked by Bull, Sewell started yelling at Allan and making false claims about protest rights.
Several men stepped in to keep Sewell away from Allan as she and two colleagues walked away.
“You’re a coward and we’re going to take this country back from politicians like you,” Sewell shouted.
Allan promised to ban protests outside places of worship and stop demonstrators from wearing face coverings after Sewell led a series of marches with masked black-clad men.
The changes are yet to be introduced to the state parliament and may be scaled back.
Tuesday’s confrontation lasted less than a minute, cutting short the media conference.
Sewell ended the confrontation with “Heil Australia” and told journalists the interaction was a “coincidence”.

“We’re on our way to court right now,” he said.

In a statement, Allan confirmed she was “unharmed and undeterred” and said it was no surprise neo-Nazis opposed her and the Labor state government.
“We know how these goons operate,” she said.
“They whip up fear to divide our society. They will fail.”
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese labelled the confrontation “quite horrific” when speaking to Labor caucus members in Canberra.
Journalists were asking Allan about the ‘March for Australia’ protests in Melbourne, where Sewell was controversially allowed to speak.
Allan revealed she was reconvening the government’s anti-hate task force in response to the nationwide anti-immigration rallies.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…
Lukas Schindler from Switzerland crossing the finish line at the Sydney marathon.

Heroic Swiss Tourist Identified After Bravely Attempting to Save Girlfriend from Shark Attack

A Swiss tourist who bravely attempted to ward off a shark during…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…
Matildas defender Ellie Carpenter embraces Winonah Heatley during their match against New Zealand

Matildas’ Emotional Tribute: Star Player’s Hidden Heartbreak Revealed in Thrilling New Zealand Match

Winonah Heatley, a standout player for the Matildas, joined her team amidst…
Thousands swelter without power as mercury soars again across south-east Queensland

Scorching Heatwave Leaves Southeast Queensland Powerless: Thousands Struggle in Rising Temperatures

Almost 3000 homes and businesses were without power in south-east Queensland yesterday…
No one could escape these two words for weeks. Now Aussies are opting out

Aussies Opt Out of Viral Two-Word Craze Dominating Conversations for Weeks

Exclusive Insight: The phrase “Black Friday” has been ubiquitous, filling email inboxes…
Lucas died after a stabbing in Sydney's Rouse Hill.

Family of Fatally Stabbed Teen Remembers Him as a ‘Loyal Young Man

The parents of a Sydney teenager who tragically lost his life in…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
ACT Policing is urging the mother of the newborn baby to seek medical attention.

Heartbreaking Discovery: Newborn Baby Abandoned at Canberra Fire Station Sparks Urgent Response

Police are looking for dashcam footage after a a newborn baby was…

Tragic Floods in Southeast Asia Claim Over 250 Lives

Days of devastating flooding across Southeast Asia have killed more than 250…
Jetstar

Airbus Recall Grounds Jetstar Flights, Leading to Long Passenger Queues

Jetstar flights across the country are facing disruptions, with delays and cancellations…
Neuroblastoma is a deadly cancer that can affect children as young as two-years-old. A new study by the Garvan Institute may have found a drug that can help cure it.

Potential Breakthrough Drug Surfaces for Treating Deadly Childhood Cancer

A medication, already approved for cancer treatment, might now offer a new…