Diddy sentencing date confirmed after lawyers reach agreement

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’s sentencing will proceed as initially planned after his lawyers and federal prosecutors reached a new consensus on Tuesday.

The two parties, in a pre-hearing letter, stated they had settled on a timeline for the hip-hop star’s fate to be determined on September 22, moving it up 11 days earlier than the judge’s originally scheduled October 3 sentencing.

However, recent court documents show that the defense and prosecution decided to adhere to the original court schedule while also suggesting a plan for any post-verdict motions leading up to that date.

The hearing, which was conducted remotely on audio lasted only a few minutes.

Diddy’s voice could be heard on the phone line from the MDC, the federal detention facility where he is being held. 

Sounding confident and relaxed, he greeted his lawyer – who referred to him as ‘Love’, the name Combs used for his most recent album – during the two minute hearing.

When asked if there was anything beyond the sentencing schedule the parties wanted to discuss, prosecutor Christy Slavik and defense attorney Marc Agnifilo said no.

The courtroom deputy informed them the judge would respond in writing before adjourning. 

Diddy's sentencing is set to move forward as planned after both federal prosecutors and his legal team agreed to the court's original proposed date at a hearing on Tuesday

Diddy’s sentencing is set to move forward as planned after both federal prosecutors and his legal team agreed to the court’s original proposed date at a hearing on Tuesday

Diddy was cleared of the most serious offenses; sex trafficking and racketeering charges, but was convicted on two counts of prostitution-related charges

Diddy was cleared of the most serious offenses; sex trafficking and racketeering charges, but was convicted on two counts of prostitution-related charges

As part of the agreement, both parties asked for the Probation Office to send its pre-sentence report by August 29, with Combs’s attorneys to file objections by September 5, and the prosecution by September 12. 

‘The Government and the Probation Office do not object to this schedule,’ the letter filed by Diddy’s lawyer Marc Agnifilo states. 

Meanwhile, post-verdict motions are still on track, with the defense expected to file by July 30. 

The move comes a week after the Bad Boy founder, 55, was acquitted of three major charges but found guilty of two lesser counts, and was ordered to remain in jail until sentencing. 

With the original sentencing date still on the table, speculation remains on what penalties could await the disgraced music icon. 

Prosecutors have said in court filings that the guideline sentence for Diddy, who does not have a prior criminal record, is around five years. 

Last week Judge Arun Subramanian appeared to appeared to hint that he will side with prosecutors and apply the full weight of the law against the music mogul. 

The judge denied Diddy’s request for a $1million bond following the verdict, arguing that, although he was acquitted of the most serious charges, the trial proved the rapper has ‘a propensity for violence’ and is a danger to society.

In a letter submitted by defense attorney Marc Agnifilo (pictured) both parties were floating the idea of an earlier sentencing date, but the latest court filings reveal the defense and prosecution have agreed to the October 3

In a letter submitted by defense attorney Marc Agnifilo (pictured) both parties were floating the idea of an earlier sentencing date, but the latest court filings reveal the defense and prosecution have agreed to the October 3 

Judge Arun Subramanian ordered Diddy to remain in custody while he awaits sentencing, arguing that his trial proved that he is a danger to his ex-girlfriends and accusers

Judge Arun Subramanian ordered Diddy to remain in custody while he awaits sentencing, arguing that his trial proved that he is a danger to his ex-girlfriends and accusers 

He added that Diddy’s ‘violence was starkly depicted’ in the 2016 footage of the rapper assaulting Cassie in a hotel hallway in Los Angeles.

‘You full-throatedly in your closing argument told the jury that there was violence here, and domestic violence is violence,’ Subramanian said as he denied Diddy’s bond. ‘You said this was a case that did have violence.’

Indeed, Diddy’s lawyers won the jury over by insisting that that Diddy was a domestic abuser, but not a sex-trafficker or the head of a criminal enterprise. 

Now the judge might use that same admission to justify a long prison sentence for his two convictions for transportation to engage in prostitution.

Former federal prosecutor Jennifer Beidel told DailyMail.com the judge’s comments suggest he will side with prosecutors, who want Diddy to face four to five years – above the guidelines based on the sentences of other similarly situated defendants.

‘He is saying he thinks that Diddy poses a danger to society,’ Beidel said of Subramanian’s comments. 

Diddy’s lawyers said that under federal sentencing guidelines, he would likely face about two years in prison.

They pleaded with the judge to let the mogul await his sentencing in his Miami mansion, but the judge denied his release. 

Diddy was seen reacting dramatically after he was convicted of prostitution-related offenses but acquitted of sex trafficking and racketeering charges that could have put him behind bars for life

Diddy was seen reacting dramatically after he was convicted of prostitution-related offenses but acquitted of sex trafficking and racketeering charges that could have put him behind bars for life

Diddy's mother and children were seen leaving the courthouse with smiles after the verdict on July 2

Diddy’s mother and children were seen leaving the courthouse with smiles after the verdict on July 2

Diddy has not been seen outside of the courtroom since September 16 2024, when he was arrested on suspicion of racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution – which means he has now had nearly 10 months in custody. 

A jury of eight men and four women last week acquitted him of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking charges related to allegations that he used his money, power and frightening physical force to manipulate girlfriends into hundreds of drug-fueled sex marathons with men.

Diddy’s defense team argued that the women were willing participants and that none of his violence justified the severity of the charges.

Agnifilo asked that he be released on bond immediately to await sentencing, saying the acquittals changed the calculus about whether he needed to be held.

‘He’s not going to flee. He’s been given his life back,’ Agnifilo said.

You May Also Like

Harry and Meghan’s Return Exposes a Selfish Royal Truth

The revelation that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing to…

Met Guard Ruins Proposal by Telling Kneeling Groom to Get Up

Talk about telling love to take a hike. A couple’s picture-perfect marriage…

Trump Fires Back With Mom Jab After Protester’s Brazen Stunt

Donald Trump took aim at a heckler during a Friday night rally…

Trump Official Urges Return of Academic Suspended Over Jason Arday Row

Donald Trump’s ambassador to Belgium has intervened in a widening academic free…

Disturbing Photo Surfaces After Missing Woman Disappears

A missing Philadelphia woman was allegedly featured nude on a pornographer’s website…

Trump Blasts Tucker Carlson as Low IQ in Sharp New Feud

President Donald Trump has publicly broken with one-time ally Tucker Carlson, accusing…

Prince Harry’s Secret Visit Near Trump Before UK Reveal

Away from the cameras and with little advance notice, Prince Harry carried…

Mount Fuji Hiker Leaves Exhausted 7-Year-Old Son Behind to Reach Summit

A father in Japan was sharply reprimanded by police after he left…

Philadelphia Resident Kicks Chucky-Masked Man, Issues Warning

A Philadelphia actor who says they confronted a man in a Chucky…

Guy Adams Investigates Deadly Social Media Trend Linked to Five Teen Deaths

Two sharply different gatherings took place in Carlow last night, the busy…

Woman, 47, Dies at Jail Booking After Saying She Couldn’t Breathe

An Oregon woman arrested after an incident at a Kentucky Fried Chicken…

Prince Harry Should Heed the Crucial Differences Between His Life and Princess Diana’s

Wherever one turns, a single presence seems to loom over Prince Harry’s…