Trump warns foreign firms to hire Americans after Hyundai raid
Share this @internewscast.com

Donald Trump has delivered a strong message to international firms, urging them to prioritize hiring American workers following a raid at a Hyundai plant where 475 employees were apprehended.

On Thursday, immigration agents conducted a raid at the Hyundai Battery Plant in Georgia, the largest in US history by Homeland Security. Video footage showed numerous workers being lined up and moved to a nearby area under the supervision of federal agents.

A total of 475 individuals suspected of working illegally in the US were detained, most of them being from South Korea. These arrests accounted for nearly half of the plant’s workforce of 1,200 employees.

In a Truth Social post on Sunday night, Trump used the raid as a warning for other foreign companies operating on US land.

Trump addressed the situation with a statement: ‘Following the Immigration Enforcement Operation at the Hyundai Battery Plant in Georgia, I urge all foreign companies investing in the United States to comply with our nation’s immigration laws,’ he asserted.

‘We welcome your investments and encourage you to legally bring your talented people to help create world-class products,’ he mentioned.

Trump vowed to ‘make it quickly and legally possible for you to do so’ – with a caveat that he expected investment in US employees in return.

‘In return, we ask you to hire and train American workers. Together, our efforts will not only make our nation more productive but will also foster greater unity,’ he concluded.

President Donald Trump has issued a stern warning to foreign companies to focus on hiring American employees after immigration agents raided a Hyundai plant and arrested 475 employees

President Donald Trump has issued a stern warning to foreign companies to focus on hiring American employees after immigration agents raided a Hyundai plant and arrested 475 employees

Thursday’s raid on the Hyundai Battery Plant in Georgia marked the largest Homeland Security raid in US history 

Trump’s statement comes after South Korean officials confirmed as many as 300 of the workers will be released and supported to return home to Korea.

Kang Hoon-sik, chief of staff for President Lee Jae Myung, said South Korea and the US had finalized negotiations on the workers’ release. 

He said South Korea plans to send a charter plane to bring the workers home as soon as remaining administrative steps are completed.

The operation was the latest in a long line of workplace raids conducted as part of the Trump administration’s mass deportation agenda. 

But the one Thursday is especially distinct because of its large size and because the targeted site has been touted as Georgia’s largest economic development project. 

The raid stunned many in South Korea because the country is a key US ally. It agreed in July to purchase $100 billion in US energy and make a $350 billion investment in the US in return for the US lowering tariff rates. 

Many of those who were detained had entered the US illegally while others previously had visas but overstayed their legal work permits, officials said.  

Steven Schrank, the special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Georgia, added that the raid was the result of a months-long investigation into the facility.

Footage emerged of rows of workers being lined up and shuttled to a nearby patch watched closely by federal agents

Trump's statement comes after South Korean officials confirmed as many as 300 of the workers will be released and supported to return home to Korea

Trump’s statement comes after South Korean officials confirmed as many as 300 of the workers will be released and supported to return home to Korea

The Hyundai plant where the raid occurred cost upwards of $7.6 billion and employed around 1,200 people, and had been touted by Georgia officials as one of the most significant economic projects in the state's history

The Hyundai plant where the raid occurred cost upwards of $7.6 billion and employed around 1,200 people, and had been touted by Georgia officials as one of the most significant economic projects in the state’s history

He described the sweep as the largest enforcement operation at a single site in the history of Homeland Security Investigations. 

‘This operation underscores our commitment to protecting jobs for Georgians and Americans, ensuring a level playing field for businesses that comply with the law, safeguarding the integrity of our economy and protecting workers from exploitation,’ he said. 

The massive raid comes days after the Trump administration announced it was stepping up its deportation efforts and would clear the way to detain as many as 256,000 Venezuelans by ending their temporary protection status. 

Korean ministry officials also urged the US Embassy in Seoul ‘to exercise extreme caution to ensure that the legitimate rights and interests of Korean citizens are not infringed upon.’

‘The economic activities of Korean investment companies and the rights and interests of Korean citizens must not be unfairly infringed upon during US law enforcement operations,’ the statement read. 

Following the raid on the Hyundai factory on Thursday, officials said the detainees would be moved to an ICE facility in Folkston, Georgia, near the Florida-Georgia state line. 

‘They will be moved based on their individual circumstances beyond that,’ Schrank said. 

Pictured: Detainees from the factory that employs  around 1,200 people are being moved by ATF officers

Pictured: Detainees from the factory that employs  around 1,200 people are being moved by ATF officers

The raid was the result of a months-long investigation into the facility, said Steven Schrank, the special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Georgia

The raid was the result of a months-long investigation into the facility, said Steven Schrank, the special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Georgia

Pictured: A total of 475 immigrants suspected of working in the US illegally were detained at a Hyundai factory in Georgia, according to Homeland Security officials

Pictured: A total of 475 immigrants suspected of working in the US illegally were detained at a Hyundai factory in Georgia, according to Homeland Security officials

The move was quickly condemned by Yvonne Brooks, the president of Georgia’s chapter of American Federation of Labor–Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO), who blasted it as ‘politically motivated.’ 

‘This raid is the latest in an ongoing campaign of harassment that has targeted immigrant Georgians as they try to earn an honest living,’ she said in a statement, per CBS News. 

‘Arresting and detaining workers, who are exploited every day and risk their lives every day on the job, creates an atmosphere of fear that terrorizes workers and their families and increases the workload burden on their coworkers.’ 

The Hyundai plant where the raid occurred cost upwards of $7.6 billion and employed around 1,200 people, and had been touted by Georgia officials as one of the most significant economic projects in the state’s history. 

Hyundai began manufacturing electric vehicles at the plant a year ago, but construction was shut down by the raid.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Starmer Allegedly Aware of Rachel Reeves’ Budget Misrepresentations, Sources Claim

Rachel Reeves is fervently defending her statements regarding her Budget decisions today,…

Justice Served: Notorious ‘Serial Spitter’ Faces Retribution After Targeting White Women

A troubling incident unfolded in New York City when a man, accused…

Pete Davidson Steals the Spotlight with a Heartfelt Kiss at Elsie’s Glamorous Baby Shower

Pete Davidson and his expecting partner, Elsie Hewitt, were seen sharing a…

Reeves Avoids Direct Eye Contact with Kemi Badenoch During Tense Television Debate

Rachel Reeves avoided making eye contact with Kemi Badenoch today after the…

FDA Investigation Reveals Possible Connection Between COVID Vaccines and 10 Child Fatalities

An influential regulator within the FDA has called for more stringent standards…

Prince Andrew Acknowledged Jeffrey Epstein’s Misconduct, Claim Lawyers in Latest Case Revelations

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is reported to have informed a young actress, reportedly abused…

Son Claims to Unravel Mystery of D.B. Cooper: Is His Father the Infamous Skyjacker?

“I don’t hold a grudge against your airline, Miss. I just have…

Friends Unveil Insights into Tupac’s Personal Life and Sexuality

When a 17-year-old Tupac Shakur first entered Leila Steinberg’s living room, she…

New Side Effect Emerges for Weight Loss Injection Users

Users of weight-loss injections are reportedly facing a troubling new side effect,…

Since 2021, Thousands of Afghans Identified as National Security Concerns

A significant number of Afghan nationals who entered the United States following…

Suspect Indicted in Fatal Shooting of 18-Year-Old Cheerleader

A man accused of fatally shooting an 18-year-old cheerleader during a late-night…

How Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Actions Sparked a Strong Reaction from Trump

Marjorie Taylor Greene’s unexpected resignation from Congress last week sent shockwaves through…