Tyson Fury criticised as he poses at the White House

Tyson Fury made an unexpected appearance at the White House’s UFC Freedom 250 event on Sunday night, though his visit to the US quickly sparked criticism from members of the Traveller community.

The 37-year-old British heavyweight arrived alongside his wife, Paris, 36, and drew attention with both his politics and his outfit, wearing a hat bearing the slogan: “Donald Trump for Prime Minister.”

The couple took in the cage-fighting event marking America’s 250th Independence anniversary, making a high-profile entrance after the second bout of the evening as Kings of Leon’s Sex on Fire played.

Paris later posted photos from the night on Instagram, writing: “Only in America! Can’t believe we are at the White House walking round, then watching the fights in Donald Trumps garden! Whirl wind few days!”

Her post prompted a wave of backlash, with several followers accusing the pair of abandoning the values they were raised with.

One commenter wrote: “Ahhh, considering how the US government have treated Romani people forever, this is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the ancestry but go on.”

Tyson and Paris Fury made a surprise appearance at The White House’s UFC Freedom 250 event on Sunday night

The British heavyweight champion made a bold statement with his hat which was emblazoned with the words ‘ Donald Trump for Prime Minister’

‘I love you guys, but I can’t do this. Don’t lose your Fury values,’ agreed another.   

In the US, Romani Americans and Irish-American Travellers lack federal recognition as distinct ethnic groups. 

In 2020 a landmark study by the Harvard FXB Center for Health and Human Rights and Voice of Roma found that almost 80% of Romani Americans experience discrimination and 70% of Romani Americans hide their Romani identity to avoid stigmatization.

Tyson later shared a selfie as he proudly pointed at his hat, tagging Trump in his caption and adding the hashtag ‘#makebritaingreatagain.’

His post prompted fans to ask: ‘What would Happen to the Travellers, if he was..?’ whilst others said they were unfollowing the star. 

Before his night at the White House Tyson had not set foot in the US since October 2021, due to a travel ban. 

Speaking after he walked out the boxer said: ‘It’s been a long time and boy oh boy am I happy to be here at this historic event, freedom at the White House and Donald Trump’s birthday.’ 

The fighter then joined a UFC commentator cageside where he teased an announcement with Dana White, moments after talking to president Trump. 

However, he refused to reveal what the announcement actually was. Instead, he said: ‘Dana can do it’.  

Fury also told the crowd that he would like to fight Anthony Joshua in the future, further fueling the decade-long saga surrounding the two boxers. 

The Instagram post was met with an outpouring of criticism from fans though with many commenting that the couple had ‘forgotten their values’

Tyson and Paris enjoyed the cage-fighting spectacular celebrating America’s 250th independence anniversary

Tyson shared photos of his private jet ride to the States. Before his night at the White House Tyson had not set foot in the US since October 2021, due to a travel ban

Tyson shared photos of his private jet ride to the States. Before his night at the White House Tyson had not set foot in the US since October 2021, due to a travel ban

The appearance came just one day after he sat ringside to watch brother Tommy Fury defeat strongman Eddie Hall in a Manchester bout. 

Last year Tyson sent Trump a fiery message of support after the US president’s disastrous White House press conference with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The peace talks between Ukraine and Russia came to a screeching halt when Trump kicked Zelensky out of the White House following a blistering shouting match and Tyson appeared to relish Trump’s outburst, capturing the moment on his Instagram story.

The boxer shared a clip of the heated exchange to the social media platform with a rallying message for the US Commander-in-Chief.

‘Come on @realdonaldtrump sort it out baby,’ adding in another post ‘Viva Trump, stop the wars. @realdonaldtrump = peace in the world.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Invasive Mussel-Covered Boat Blocked From California Lake

A boat heavily coated with invasive golden mussels was intercepted Saturday at…

Hayden Panettiere on Why She Never Stopped Choosing Daughter

Hayden Panettiere has said she “never stopped choosing” her daughter, Kaya, while…

Senate Panel Releases Fauci Text Messages Concerning 2021 Vaccine Trial Protocols

Dr. Anthony Fauci was told privately in January 2021 that early COVID-19…

Jennifer Garner Seen Leaving LA Church After Reuniting With Ben Affleck

Jennifer Garner appeared in high spirits on Sunday as she stepped out…

Taylor Swift’s Baby Plans Reportedly Deal Blake Lively a Painful Blow

Long before they became two of the biggest names in entertainment, Taylor…

Finance Book Author and CEO Jailed for $380M Fraud Scheme

The head of a purported real estate investment firm — and author…

Iran Offers Cash Bounty for Capture or Killing of US Troops

Iran has announced a cash bounty for anyone who captures or kills…

Iran Offered $30,000 Bounties to Kill or Capture U.S. Soldiers, Army Chief Says

Iran’s top military commander has announced a $30,000 bounty for anyone who…

Jeffries Offers Cautious Response on Medicare for All and DSA Influence

WASHINGTON — House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries drew sharp scrutiny Sunday after…

Fiancée and Six Kids Left Heartbroken After Dad Is Killed

A military veteran and father of six has died following a workplace…

Rapist Ralph Carr’s Grim New Life at The Map With Tom Silvagni

Celebrity agent Ralph Carr has described prison as a “living hell”, with…

Ella Langley’s Family Reveals Why an ‘Identity Crisis’ Drove Her to Flee Nashville

Years before Ella Langley began breaking records once associated with Taylor Swift,…