Donald Trump says America is 'ready to help' ensure freedom in Iran
Share this @internewscast.com

In a bold move, President Donald Trump has signaled a potential response to Iran following the tragic deaths of over 50 protestors. Despite previous cautionary messages from Trump, the situation escalated, prompting him to outline his next steps.

Taking to Truth Social on Saturday, Trump expressed America’s readiness to support the Iranian people, stating, “Iran is looking for FREEDOM, perhaps like never before. The USA stands ready to help!!!” This message, posted at 1:27 PM, underscores his administration’s stance on the unfolding crisis.

Earlier, Trump had issued a stern warning to the Iranian government, cautioning that it would face significant consequences if the violence against demonstrators persisted. The president’s comments have heightened attention on the U.S.’s potential involvement.

In a development reported by the Wall Street Journal, U.S. officials disclosed that the Trump administration has initiated preliminary talks about a possible military response. Discussions have reportedly centered on a comprehensive aerial strike targeting multiple military sites in Iran.

These revelations underscore the gravity of the situation and the administration’s strategic considerations as tensions between the U.S. and Iran continue to mount.

The administration reportedly discussed a large-scale aerial strike on multiple military targets. 

While several options have been mentioned, officials warned they are a part of normal military planning.

One official told the Journal that no military equipment or personnel have been moved and there are no signs of an imminent attack on the regime. 

This comes after Trump said on Friday it looked as if Iran’s leaders were ‘in big trouble’ and repeated his earlier threat of military strikes if peaceful protesters are killed.

President Donald Trump addressed the Iranian people in a Truth Social post Saturday

President Donald Trump addressed the Iranian people in a Truth Social post Saturday

The president stated that the US will continue to stand behind Iranian protestors as the speak out against the country's regime

The president stated that the US will continue to stand behind Iranian protestors as the speak out against the country’s regime

More than 200 demonstrators have reportedly been killed after two weeks of protests

More than 200 demonstrators have reportedly been killed after two weeks of protests

‘It looks to me that the people are taking over certain cities that nobody thought were really possible just a few weeks ago,’ Trump said. 

And speaking on Air Force One earlier this week, he told journalists: ‘We’re watching it very closely. If they start killing people like they have in the past, I think they’re going to get hit very hard by the United States.’

The death toll rose drastically overnight with Iranian rights group HRANA reporting 65 deaths, including 50 protesters and 15 security personnel as of January 9.

Protests have taken place across Iran for 13 days in a movement sparked by anger over the rising cost of living, with growing calls for the end of the clerical system that has ruled Iran since the 1979 Islamic revolution, which ousted the pro-Western shah.

Protests have spread to more than 220 towns and cities in every one of Iran’s 31 provinces. 

The country’s infamous Revolutionary Guards and other law enforcement agencies are launching a brutal crackdown on demonstrators, with the nation’s attorney general, Mohammad Movahedi Azad, warning anyone taking part in protests would be considered ‘an enemy of God’.

This offense is punishable by death under Iran’s strict laws, and even those who assisted protesters would also be prosecuted, a statement on state TV reported.

More than 200 Iranians have been reported dead thus far after two weeks of protests. 

A total of 65 deaths were reported overnight, including 50 protestors and 15 security personnel

A total of 65 deaths were reported overnight, including 50 protestors and 15 security personnel

On Saturday, Trump reshared an X post from South Carolina Senator Lindsay Graham on the ongoing unrest in the Middle East. 

‘This is truly not the Obama administration when it comes to standing up to the Iranian ayatollah and his religious Nazi henchmen, and standing behind the people of Iran protesting for a better life,’ he wrote, in part. 

‘To the regime leadership: your brutality against the great people of Iran will not go unchallenged. Make Iran Great Again.’ 

Trump also expressed support for the Venezuelan people on Saturday afternoon, one week after the country captured and imprisoned President Nicolas Maduro.

‘I love the Venezuelan people, and am already making Venezuela rich and safe again,’ Trump posted. 

‘Congratulations and thank you to all of those people who are making this possible!!!’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Jacinta Allan’s Fiery Response: The Seven Words That Sparked a Media Storm

During a press conference on Wednesday, Victorian Premier Jacinta Allan firmly addressed…

Australians Express Concern Over Device Emitting Annoying Noise on Bridge

Australians are expressing outrage over a controversial device that emits loud, sharp…

Whoopi Goldberg Reveals Connection to Epstein Files During Live Broadcast

During a recent episode of The View, Whoopi Goldberg had to address…

Image: Woman Tragically Killed Alongside Child by Transgender Former Partner

A tragic shooting at a high school hockey game in Rhode Island…

Breaking News: Rhode Island Hockey Shooting Update – Second Victim Identified in Tragedy Involving Transgender Dad

A tragic incident unfolded at a high school hockey game in Rhode…

Surfing Legend’s Murder Unveils Troubling Realities at Renowned Resort

The brother of a renowned surfer who met a tragic end in…

Barack Obama Condemns Los Angeles Homelessness Crisis as an ‘Atrocity

Barack Obama has joined the chorus of critics targeting Los Angeles over…

Convicted Bali ‘Suitcase’ Murderer Released After Serving Sentence

In a case that captured international attention, an American man convicted of…

Shocking Incident: Aussie Tourist Faces Death Threats Over Alleged Bikini Theft in Bali

An Australian model, who has gained fame on OnlyFans, found herself in…

Georgia Father Allegedly Supplied Son with Rifle Prior to School Shooting Incident

A father from Georgia appeared in court on Monday, accused of providing…

Vigilant Group Locates Missing 12-Year-Old Thanks to Subtle Clue

For months, a team of expert online investigators dedicated themselves to rescuing…

Tragic Accident: Teen Driver Under Influence Fatally Hits 14-Year-Old Boy

A North Carolina teenager is facing serious charges after an alleged drinking…