Urgent Recall Issued for Over 12,000 Pounds of Popular Breakfast Staple - Internewscast Journal
Urgent Recall Issued for Over 12,000 Pounds of Popular Breakfast Staple

Consumers in the U.S. are being advised to inspect their fridges and freezers after more than 12,000 pounds of bacon sold across three states were recalled because the products may have missed a required federal food safety check.

According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is recalling about 12,036 pounds of refrigerated smoked bacon imported from Canada that did not receive the mandatory U.S. import reinspection.

No illnesses or injuries have been linked to the bacon recall so far, but federal officials are warning shoppers not to consume the affected items, noting that imported meat which skips required inspection procedures can carry a potential food safety risk.

The bacon included in the recall was made in June 2026 and shipped to Grocery Outlet locations and other retailers in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.

FSIS said two bacon products are covered by the recall notice.

One is the 12-ounce vacuum-sealed package of Royale Natural Applewood Smoked All Natural Uncured Bacon, labeled Product of Canada, with sell-by dates of September 1, 2026, and September 7, 2026.

The other is the 12-ounce vacuum-sealed package of Top Valu Uncured Hardwood Smoked Bacon, also labeled Product of Canada, with sell-by dates of September 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7, 2026.

The recalled bacon packages can be identified by the Canadian establishment number “EST. 1” printed along the side, while the master case boxes list health certificate number 2026-S732971612.

Two products are affected by the recall. The first is a 12-ounce vacuum package of Royale Natural Applewood Smoked All Natural Uncured Bacon, Product of Canada, with sell-by dates of September 1, 2026 and September 7, 2026

Two products are affected by the recall. The first is a 12-ounce vacuum package of Royale Natural Applewood Smoked All Natural Uncured Bacon, Product of Canada, with sell-by dates of September 1, 2026 and September 7, 2026

According to the FSIS, the problem was uncovered during routine inspection activities.

Imported meat products must undergo a mandatory reinspection by the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service after clearing customs. 

The process verifies documentation, labeling, packaging and the condition of the products, and may also include sampling for contaminants before products can legally be sold in the United States.

Officials said the bacon entered the country without receiving that required inspection.

While there have been no confirmed reports of anyone becoming sick after eating the bacon, the agency said anyone concerned about illness or injury should contact a healthcare provider.

The FSIS is concerned that some of the recalled bacon may still be stored in consumers’ refrigerators or freezers.

Customers who purchased the products are being urged not to consume them. 

Instead, they should either throw the bacon away or return it to the store where it was purchased for a refund.

The second recalled product is a 12-ounce vacuum package of Top Valu Uncured Hardwood Smoked Bacon, Product of Canada, with sell-by dates of September 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7, 2026

The second recalled product is a 12-ounce vacuum package of Top Valu Uncured Hardwood Smoked Bacon, Product of Canada, with sell-by dates of September 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7, 2026

The bacon recall is the latest in a growing series of meat and poultry alerts issued across America this year

The bacon recall is the latest in a growing series of meat and poultry alerts issued across America this year

The agency said it will continue carrying out recall effectiveness checks to ensure the products are removed from store shelves and distributors have been properly notified.

Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Maple Leaf Foods vice president of communications Adam Emery on 416-518-5131 or by email at adam.emery@mapleleaf.com. 

Anyone with food safety questions can also contact the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline on 888-674-6854.

The bacon recall is the latest in a growing series of meat and poultry alerts issued across America this year. 

Federal food safety officials have repeatedly warned consumers to check their refrigerators and freezers after products ranging from ready-to-eat meats to sausages and beef were recalled over contamination fears, undeclared allergens and the potential presence of foreign objects. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Lindsay Clancy’s Mother Testifies in Emotional Murder Trial

Lindsay Clancy became visibly emotional in court, wiping away tears as her…

Bonnie Tyler’s Family Gathers for Emotional Farewell at Late Icon’s Funeral

Bonnie Tyler’s family came together on Monday to say their final goodbyes…

Lady Louise Windsor Brings Boyfriend on Royal Double Date

Lady Louise Windsor’s relationship with Felix da Silva-Clamp appears to have the…

Alaska Runner Shares Harrowing Bear Attack Survival Story

Professional trail runner Klaire Rhodes has recounted the frightening moments after she…

Hayden Panettiere’s Tragic Connection to Michelle Trachtenberg

Hayden Panettiere and Michelle Trachtenberg helped shape a defining chapter in teen…

Hayden Panettiere’s Final Instagram Post Resurfaces

Hayden Panettiere’s recent Instagram activity drew attention after she shared a black-and-white…

Inside Lindsay Clancy’s Parents’ Lives as Daughter Faces Trial

A stark illustration sits at the center of a $2 million fundraising…

Indonesia Earthquake Survivors Still Await Critical Aid

Thousands of residents on Indonesia’s Flores island were still waiting for emergency…

Fiancée and Six Kids Left Heartbroken After Dad Is Killed

A military veteran and father of six has died following a workplace…

Hayden Panettiere Death Rumors: The Truth Behind Viral Claims

Hayden Panettiere reportedly traveled from Los Angeles to South Carolina with her…

American Airlines Flier Sparks Outrage With Offensive Phone Text

An American Airlines passenger flying from Miami to New York was flagged…

Trump Threatens to Bomb US Ally in Fiery, Profane Tirade

Donald Trump warned that the United States could “bomb the s***” out…