A third person is now facing charges after a deadly mass shooting outside a McDonald’s on Chicago’s Near North Side.

 

Chicago police said the 17-year-old turned himself in on Thursday. He is facing a felony gun charge.

Two Chicago men, 21-year-old Jaylun Sanders and 20-year-old Kameron Abram were also charged after the mass shooting that left nine people shot, killing two of them.

The shooting happened outside the McDonalds in the 800-block of North State Street in May, according to Chicago police.

The family identified one of the victims killed as 30-year-old Antonio Wade. They said he apparently got into an argument with a woman there, which quickly escalated.

“My kids are two and three years old, and he built this bond with my kids,” said Wade’s girlfriend, Enyrah Murry. “Like, whenever he wouldn’t be here my daughter still wakes up and looks for him all around the house. What am I supposed to do now?”

 

Murry said the fight began when Wade apparently said something to a woman he knew from hanging out in front of the fast-food restaurant.

“He exchanged words with a female and they had an altercation,” she said. “Then, she went and got males and they came back.”

Cell phone video from a neighbor in a nearby high-rise captured the chaotic fight which turned into a mass shooting.

Parnelius Saunders is still alive after the mass shooting, but was shot nine times, his mother said.

 

He was taken to Stroger Hospital where his condition was stabilized.

Kimberly Saunders said they live in the area and she walked over to the scene after hearing the shots. She found her son on the sidewalk, bleeding.

“And I walked up and my baby was there shot,” she recalled. “So I took my shirt off and I was naked, and I was holding his wound and I was looking at the other two men.”

She said one of the officers at the scene stopped to help her.

“He showed me how to cut his shirt off, how to wrap it up, so officer, I would love to see you because I know I was telling you I was scared and you helped me,” she said.

Shaun Davis, 29, said he was inside the McDonald’s when people started fighting outside.

 

“It escalated quickly to where some guy popped out with a gun,” Davis said. “My guys tried to grab the gun, but in the midst of them grabbing the gun, it slipped my way and a shot popped out.”

Davis said he was shot twice. Once on his side and once in the leg. He was taken in an ambulance to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Business owners in the area said they want to see more done about McDonald’s and the activity it attracts. A sign placed on the McDonald’s front door said it has been deemed dangerous and hazardous and will be closed until further notice.

Sanders has been charged with two felony counts of first-degree murder, as well as seven counts of first-degree attempted murder, according to police.

Both Sanders and Abram have also been charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon without a FOID card.

 

 

You May Also Like

UC-Berkeley math prof forced to teach fractions because standards have fallen so far

UC Berkeley Math Professor Says Falling Standards Leave Him Teaching Fractions

A prominent University of California, Berkeley mathematics professor is criticizing the school’s…
Historic Vessels Sunk in NYC Basin Face Scrapyard Fate - Internewscast Journal

Historic Vessels Sunk in NYC Basin Face Scrapyard Fate

Two landmark vessels — one of them pictured on Maine’s state quarter…
NYPD officers fatally shoot man armed with butcher knife after he advanced toward cops: police

NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing on Cops

NYPD officers shot and killed a 54-year-old man Sunday afternoon after authorities…
California Farmer Loses Court Fight With Fruit Giant Giumarra - Internewscast Journal

California Farmer Loses Court Fight With Fruit Giant Giumarra

A California farmer who drew nationwide attention for giving away thousands of…
Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers - Internewscast Journal

Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers

A federal judge has allowed border wall construction in Arizona to move…
NYC Synagogue Attacker Admits Hate Motive, Held on Bail - Internewscast Journal

NYC Synagogue Attacker Admits Hate Motive, Held on Bail

A man accused of bursting into a Manhattan synagogue during Friday Shabbat…
Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens - Internewscast Journal

Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens

Frustrated residents in an upscale Venice Beach neighborhood have turned to an…
Dawn of the Dead Actor’s Home Destroyed in Blaze Caught on Video - Internewscast Journal

Dawn of the Dead Actor’s Home Destroyed in Blaze Caught on Video

Tom Savini, the “Dawn of the Dead” star and celebrated horror effects…
At Least 5 Dead in Indiana as Severe Weather Sweeps State - Internewscast Journal

At Least 5 Dead in Indiana as Severe Weather Sweeps State

At least five people have been killed after days of powerful storms…
Kate Douglass Shatters 50-Meter Freestyle World Record in Pan Pacific Prelims - Internewscast Journal

Kate Douglass Shatters 50-Meter Freestyle World Record in Pan Pacific Prelims

August 15, 2026 / 3:01 PM EDT / AP Kate Douglass delivered…
Louisiana Man Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Across States With Her Body - Internewscast Journal

Louisiana Man Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Across States With Her Body

FBI touts historic violent crime drop as Trump praises law enforcement Fox…
Lexington, KY Park Shooting at Live Show Kills 1, Injures 4 - Internewscast Journal

Lexington, KY Park Shooting at Live Show Kills 1, Injures 4

One person was fatally shot and four others were wounded Saturday during…