Tyler Robinson surveillance video - National File

A Utah TV investigation has uncovered that surveillance footage reportedly showing Charlie Kirk murder suspect Tyler Robinson turning himself in at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office no longer exists and was never shared with the lead investigators, raising fresh questions about evidence handling in the high-profile assassination case.

Sheriff: Robinson Brought In, But No Entry Video

During a briefing on September 17, Washington County Sheriff Nate Brooksby stated, “Our role was not to conduct interviews; our task was simply to bring him here.” He further mentioned, “Within the hour, my associate drove Tyler and his parents to my office, where plainclothes detectives awaited him.” Following this announcement, KUTV 2News Investigates submitted public records requests for any video evidence showing Robinson entering the jail or holding area, as well as footage from the holding room.

The sheriff’s office replied that there were “no records responsive” to the request for jail entry footage because “Tyler Robinson did not go to or enter the jail area.” Additionally, they noted that broader surveillance footage of Robinson entering the sheriff’s office was “no longer available after the 30-day retention period.”

When questioned about whether the video had been shared with other law enforcement or legal entities, the office confirmed that “it was never sent out to any agency,” indicating that Utah County authorities, who are handling Robinson’s prosecution, never received it.

Defense Attorney Calls Missing Video ‘Very Concerning’

Criminal defense attorney Rudy Bautista, who has more than two decades of capital-case experience in Utah, told 2News that “for the state of Utah, we would certainly hope that this video is available.” He said, “If in fact it has been destroyed and not preserved, it’s very concerning,” and argued that if it no longer existed locally he would have expected officials to say it had at least “been provided to the Utah County law enforcement.”

Bautista said video of Robinson surrendering would be “crucial for the defense work of mitigation,” and criticized the response letter as “trying to shut the door and not give you free access to the press.” He also reiterated his view that, given a single round from a Mauser Model 98 bolt-action rifle and the limited risk to others, the aggravated murder death-penalty posture in the Kirk case is “really weak” and “clearly political.”

Commentator: ‘We Don’t Know Anything’ Without Footage

Liberty Lockdown host Clint Russell seized on the revelations about the missing surveillance video, arguing that without the footage, public claims about how Robinson came into custody are on shaky ground. “The surveillance footage of him turning himself in, uh, disappeared,” Russell said, adding, “We don’t have any actual proof that that’s even what happened. We don’t have any proof that his family actually turned him in or that it was, you know, against his will or that he didn’t walk in there alone or anything. We don’t know anything.”

Russell mocked those insisting Robinson’s surrender proves his guilt, noting that he has pleaded not guilty and saying critics “don’t” mention the missing video. “I am at least open about what I do and don’t know,” he said. “What I don’t know is who killed Charlie Kirk. Guess what? You don’t either.”


You May Also Like

Police ID Chucky-Mask Suspect Accused of Terrorizing Philly Women - Internewscast Journal

Police ID Chucky-Mask Suspect Accused of Terrorizing Philly Women

Philadelphia police say they have identified the masked suspect accused of frightening…
China’s Arctic Push Opens New Door With Russia as US Stakes Rise in Polar Power Race - Internewscast Journal

China’s Arctic Push Opens New Door With Russia as US Stakes Rise in Polar Power Race

China is probing whether the Arctic can emerge as a major new…
Steven Gress Laughs During Guilty Plea in Miranda Corsette Torture Killing - Internewscast Journal

Steven Gress Laughs During Guilty Plea in Miranda Corsette Torture Killing

A Florida man smiled and laughed in court Wednesday as he admitted…
Timeline: How 'Chucky' Mask Suspect Evaded Philadelphia Police - Internewscast Journal

Timeline: How ‘Chucky’ Mask Suspect Evaded Philadelphia Police

Surveillance video shows the tense moments a masked man, wearing a disturbing…
Woman Accused of Plotting: What the Allegation Means Now - Internewscast Journal

Woman Accused of Plotting: What the Allegation Means Now

Federal authorities said Thursday that an alleged terror plot targeting Albany was…
Stress-Free Back-to-School: 10 Essentials Parents Forget - Internewscast Journal

Stress-Free Back-to-School: 10 Essentials Parents Forget

As a participant in multiple affiliate marketing programs, Localish may earn a…
Why America’s $40 Trillion Debt Won’t Trigger Fiscal Doom - Internewscast Journal

Why America’s $40 Trillion Debt Won’t Trigger Fiscal Doom

If the nation’s debt has you bracing for a fiscal doomsday, you…
Michigan Pastor Lorenzo Sewell Addresses Religious Tensions at Dearborn City Council Meeting - Internewscast Journal

Michigan Pastor Lorenzo Sewell Addresses Religious Tensions at Dearborn City Council Meeting

A routine town hall meeting in Dearborn, Michigan, turned volatile Tuesday when…
Untapped Karmelo Anthony evidence cache showed he stalked ex-girlfriend, had 'knives' obsession: prosecutors

Prosecutors Say Karmelo Anthony Evidence Cache Shows Stalking of Ex-Girlfriend and Knife Obsession

Prosecutors said Thursday that jurors who convicted Karmelo Anthony of murder never…
Venezuelans, Cubans and Colombians Arrive in African Nation Under Trump Deportation Deal - Internewscast Journal

Venezuelans, Cubans and Colombians Arrive in African Nation Under Trump Deportation Deal

Liberia on Thursday took in its first deportation flight from the United…
Philadelphia woman says she used stage combat training to fight off masked man chasing residents

Philadelphia Woman Uses Stage Combat to Fend Off Masked Man

A Philadelphia woman says her art school training helped her react in…
Surrogate Says Baby Was Taken 60 Seconds After Birth Amid Custody Fight Over Abortion Refusal - Internewscast Journal

Surrogate Says Baby Was Taken 60 Seconds After Birth Amid Custody Fight Over Abortion Refusal

A surrogate mother who says she rejected a request to end her…