Share this @internewscast.com
Hamas has handed over the body of another Israeli hostage, the militant group and Israeli military have confirmed.
It comes amid an ongoing dispute about the delay in the handover of the remains of hostages by Hamas.
Israel says it has received nine of 28 bodies held in Gaza, and Hamas, citing technical problems, said it needed heavy machinery and excavating equipment to speed up the process of locating bodies buried under rubble.

Israel has stated that Hamas is aware of the locations of the hostages’ bodies and warned that time was running out for the group to act.

Hamas has said it remains committed to the ceasefire agreement and to handing over the bodies of all remaining hostages.
In a statement on Friday, Hamas’s armed wing said a new body had been recovered and would be released at 11pm local time.

The Israeli military confirmed that the transfer of the bodies took place at approximately 1 a.m. local time (9 a.m. Saturday AEDT).

“Will Israel use Hamas’s inability to retrieve bodies from beneath the rubble as a reason to disrupt the ceasefire? This issue is causing concern within the international community,” a source stated.

The issue has cast a shadow over the ceasefire agreement — the first phase of US President Donald Trump’s 20-point plan to end the war.
At a news conference in Ankara, Turkish foreign minister Hakan Fidan said Israel’s statements were worrying.

On Friday, teams from the Red Cross and Palestinian rescue workers were engaged in efforts to recover the bodies of Israeli hostages in Khan Younis, Gaza. Source: Anadolu, Getty / Hani Alshaer

An excavator digs up dirt among rubble and as a crowd of Palestinians watch on

Earlier on Friday, Hamas urged mediators to facilitate the next phases of the ceasefire agreement. These include reopening the border, allowing aid to enter, initiating reconstruction, establishing an administration, and ensuring Israel’s withdrawal is completed.

The 20 living hostages taken with others in the October 7 attack on Israel were returned from Gaza earlier this week.
Israel on Thursday said it was preparing for the reopening of Gaza’s Rafah crossing with Egypt to allow Palestinians to move in and out, but gave no date as it traded blame with Hamas over violations of the ceasefire.
Other unresolved elements of the plan include the disarmament of militants and Gaza’s future governance.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon Tie the Knot in Heartwarming Ceremony at The Lodge

Anthony Albanese has tied the knot with his fiancée Jodie Haydon at…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…

Australia Steps Up: Tackling Fiji’s HIV Crisis with Urgent Support

While Australia is considered to be on track to virtually eliminate HIV…
Melburnians flocked to the newly opened Melbourne Metro Tunnel today.

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Opens After Years of Delays: Navigating Initial Challenges for Commuters

This morning marked the debut of Melbourne’s Metro Tunnel to commuters, although…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…

Nationwide Passport System Glitch Strands Thousands: What Travelers Need to Know Now

Travellers going through Australian airports were temporarily delayed on Sunday after a…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…
A man wades through a flooded road carrying a cat in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Nov, 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Devastating Sri Lanka Floods: Death Toll Climbs to 132 Amidst Mudslide Havoc

The death toll in Sri Lanka from Cyclone Ditwah’s devastating floods and…

Government Stalled: Public Outcry as Critical Reforms Remain Unaddressed

The government is facing pressure to axe “dangerous” reforms to Australia’s freedom…

Devastating Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 600 Lives: Ongoing Relief Efforts Struggle to Cope

More than 600 people have been killed in floods and landslides across…
Former Ernst & Young partner Leonard Nicita (pictured) lost his breach of contract case after being warned over inappropriate behaviour at a Miami Vice-themed office Christmas party

Aussie Workers Alerted: Christmas Party Misconduct Can Cost You Big, Warns Sacked EY Executive’s $1.3M Lesson

The dismissal of a high-ranking Ernst & Young partner has become a…