Bondi Beach terror attack hero Ahmed el Ahmed in hospital, recovering from surgery.
Share this @internewscast.com
The hero who tackled and wrestled a gun from the hands of one of the Bondi Beach shooters has been pictured recovering in hospital and says he would do the act of bravery again.

On Sunday night, astonishing video footage captured the brave actions of Sydney father-of-two, Ahmed el Ahmed, as he confronted a shooter. In a moment of sheer courage, Ahmed approached one of the gunmen, managed to disarm him, and took control of the weapon.

Despite having the gun in hand, the fruit shop owner chose not to fire it. Unfortunately, in the ensuing chaos, Ahmed was injured by subsequent gunfire. He is currently recovering from surgery at St George Hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, as his heroism garners international praise.

Bondi Beach terror attack hero Ahmed el Ahmed in hospital, recovering from surgery.
Bondi Beach terror attack hero Ahmed el Ahmed in hospital, recovering from surgery. (Supplied)
Ahmed el Ahmed meets Chris Minns in hospital.
NSW Premier Chris Minns meets Ahmed el Ahmed in hospital. (Chris Minns/X)

“He doesn’t regret what he did. He said he’d do it again. But the pain has started to take a toll on him,” shared Sam Issa, Ahmed’s immigration lawyer, with the Sydney Morning Herald after visiting him on Monday.

Issa added, “He’s not well at all. He’s riddled with bullets. Our hero is struggling at the moment.”

By late Monday night, a crowdfunding campaign launched for Ahmed had already raised over $1.2 million, reflecting the public’s admiration and support for his courageous act.

By late on Monday night, more than $1.2 million had already been donated for Ahmed via a crowdfunding site set up for the hero.

Ahmed hid behind a silver car and crept towards the gunman before leaping towards him and putting him in a headlock. (Nine)

Prominent US billionaire Bill Ackman is believed to be among the donors.

The hedge fund manager had called for someone to set up a donations page for Ahmed.

“Can someone please set up a verified (donation page) so we can reward him and his family,” Ackman wrote.

Ackman then donated $99,000 to the page.

Bill Ackman, CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images via CNN)

Ahmed’s family spoke to media this morning, describing him as a “hero”.

“Maybe he can lose his life to save the other people,” his cousin said of Ahmed’s courageous efforts.

“I hope everyone in Australia wish everything is good for Ahmed to go back to his family.”

Ahmed has two young daughters, according to his cousin.
Ahmed has two young daughters, according to his cousin. (Nine)

The cousin confirmed Ahmed had two daughters, aged five and six, but said he had not had the chance to speak to him yet.

“To be honest, I don’t speak to his family (yet), because I leave here very late last night,” he said.

“Until now, I don’t sleep yet.”

Ahmed’s actions have been praised in Australia and around the world, including by US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Ahmed hid behind a silver vehicle and crept towards the apparent gunman before leaping towards him and putting him in a headlock.

He wrestled with the gunman until he released the weapon.

Ahmed then turned the weapon on the gunman.

The heroic man did not fire the gun but signalled for assistance.

The unknown man wrestled with the gunman until he released the weapon. (Nine)

‘Scariest thing’: Man who filmed heroic act was at scene as shooting began

The man who recorded the footage of Ahmed disarming the gunman revealed he was initially on the beach when the shooting began

Theodore Okur described on Today how he fled the scene and subsequently caught Ahmed’s actions from his apartment.

“I was going towards the beach to get some barbecue. When the shooting began on the bridge, the guy was 10 metres in front of me,” he said.

Theodore Okur called Ahmed a "hero" for his actions, and said he felt "lucky to record such a moment.
Theodore Okur called Ahmed a “hero” for his actions, and said he felt “lucky to record such a moment”. (Nine)

He revealed he saw the gunmen target the Jewish ceremony and initially believed the shots were fireworks.

”It was the scariest thing that happened in my life,” he said.

Okur said he couldn’t believe the footage he was recording, but said Ahmed was a hero.

“I’m very lucky to witness this,” he said.

“Being the only person who filmed this scene, which is extremely scary.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Unlocking the Migration Debate: Five Insightful Charts Reveal the Optimal ‘Sweet Spot

In the wake of the recent Bondi terror incident and the ongoing…
U.S. Army soldiers exit a Black Hawk at the Truckee Tahoe Airport in Truckee, Calif., Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, after aiding in recovery efforts for a group of skiers who went missing during a deadly avalanche. (AP Photo/Godofredo A. Vásquez)

Tragic Discovery: Bodies of 9 Backcountry Skiers Recovered After California Avalanche

Nine backcountry skiers tragically lost their lives in an avalanche near California’s…

Donald Trump Elevates Global Tariffs to 15% Maximum, Marking Temporary Increase

In a surprising twist, President Donald Trump announced his decision to increase…
Melonie Mckay was run over in her own driveway after allegedly getting into an argument with her neighbour.

Grandmother’s Tragic Death: Man Faces Murder Charges in Alleged Hit-and-Run

A man has been charged with murder after allegedly running over his…
President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing at the White House on Friday, February 20 in Washington.

Trump to Boost Tariffs to 15% Following Game-Changing Supreme Court Decision

President Donald Trump said on Saturday that he wants a global tariff…
Chris Baghsarian has been missing for more than a week.

Police Intensify Investigation into Burnt-Out Car in Urgent Search for Missing Grandfather

Police believe a car torched in Sydney‘s west earlier this week is…

ASIO: No Passport Bans for Women Allegedly Linked to IS, Confirms Burke

Australian authorities are grappling with the dilemma of whether to allow the…

Is Trump Challenging the Global Rules-Based Order? Understanding the Implications

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz recently joined a growing number of world leaders…
Jayden Ansara had to act quick when his mother collapsed after having a brain aneurysm.

Young Boy Honored with Bravery Award for Heroic Act in Saving Mother’s Life

A nine-year-old boy who helped save his mother’s life by calling Triple…

From Pilot to Disgraced Figure: The Transformation of Former Prince Andrew

In Brief Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday after police previously said…
Wellington Phoenix goalie Josh Oluwayemi (bottom right) has gone viral after he made a mind-boggling mistake in his side's 5-0 loss to Auckland on Saturday

Aussie Footballer’s Unforgettable Mistake Sparks Coach’s Sudden Resignation

Footballer Josh Oluwayemi has captured attention for a blunder that contributed significantly…
NSW farmer and butcher Bianca Tarrant said the tariffs had a flow-on effect for producers.

Aussie Farmers Brace for Impact: US Tariff Shifts Spark Concerns Down Under

Farmers and producers across Australia are on edge after Donald Trump said…