Share this @internewscast.com

In a troubling development, Iranian security forces have detained over 50,000 individuals believed to have participated in last month’s anti-regime demonstrations, as reported by activist organizations. The families of these detainees are gripped by the fear that they may never be reunited with their loved ones.
Amidst an internet blackout across Iran, alarming accounts have surfaced revealing a widespread crackdown by Tehran’s authorities, who are relentlessly pursuing those involved in January’s protests. The government’s efforts to quash dissent have extended to a rigorous tracking operation, utilizing municipal street cameras, store surveillance systems, and drone footage to identify and locate participants, resulting in a wave of arrests.
Shiva Nazarahari, a prominent figure with the Committee for Monitoring the Status of Detained Protesters, has disclosed that these extensive surveillance measures are leading to the apprehension of countless individuals, who are being taken from their homes or workplaces.
The committee has so far confirmed the detention of more than 2,200 individuals through these raids. Among them are 107 college students, 82 minors as young as 13, 19 lawyers, and 106 medical professionals. The sweep is not limited to these groups; teachers, actors, business owners, filmmakers, and even reformist allies of President Masoud Pezeshkian have found themselves in custody.
Tracking and documenting these arrests is an immense challenge, as many detainees vanish into the opaque corridors of Iran’s prison system, leaving their families in a state of anguish and uncertainty about their fate.
Documenting all the arrests has proven difficult, with many of the people detained disappearing once they enter Iranâs prison system.
Abolfazl Jazbi, a man who suffers from a severe blood disorder that requires medication, was arrested on Jan. 15 at a factory in Isfahan under suspicion of attending the protests.
Since his arrest, his family has not heard a word from him, according to the monitoring committee.
Atila Sultanpour, 45, is another man who has vanished after he was taken from his home in Tehran on Jan. 29 by security agents who beat him severely, according to Dadban, a group of Iranian lawyers based abroad who are documenting detentions.
Arrested protesters who have been able to get messages to their families have raised allegations of beatings, sexual assaults, torture, and other human rights violations at the hands of Iranâs security forces.
Sisters Nyusha, 25, and Mona Nakhii, 37, were taken from their homes at 2 a.m. on Jan 16, with agents forcing them to unlock their phones as they hauled the pair to Tehranâs notorious Evin prison, a friend of the siblings told the Associated Press.
The sisters were then transferred to the Qarchak womenâs prison in the outskirts of the capital, which suffers from overcrowding and a lack of hygiene, according to human rights groups.
Those being detained have also been denied their right to legal counsel and are often held for days or weeks before being allowed to call their family.
Should the defendants manage to get representation, authorities may issue court summons against the attorneys or even arrest them, according to Dadban.
âThe following of the law is in the worst situation it has ever been,â said Musa Barzin, an attorney with Dadban.
Even relatives of the people arrested have found themselves incurring the stateâs wrath, with families who support their loved ones seeing their bank accounts suspended, according to Dadban.
Others have also reported having their SIM cards blocked and their property confiscated by officials.
The crackdown on anti-regime protests peaked on Jan. 8 and 9, when security forces violently attacked hundreds of thousands of people demonstrating in more than 190 cities across Iran.
The two-day crackdown is believed to be the deadliest in Iranâs modern history, with more than 7,000 people killed, according to the Human Rights Activists News Agency, which is still tallying the deaths.
Despite the bloody crackdown and subsequent arrests, many continue to openly defy the regime as they push to end Iranâs theocratic rule.
The Writers’ Association of Iran, an independent group with a long tradition of dissent, hailed the protests as an uprising against â47 years of systemic corruption and discrimination.â
A national council representing school teachers also put out a statement urging people not to remain silent about the arrests of children and students.
âDo not fear the threats of security forces. Refer to independent counsel. Make your childrenâs names public,â the group said in a statement.
The group estimates that at least 200 minors were killed in the crackdown, with new names added to their list regularly as they continue to confirm the deaths.
With Post wires