Iran 'prepared to reveal new cards on the battlefield' as Trump threatens to drop 'lots of bombs' if there's no deal

Iran Ready to Unveil Strategic Battlefield Moves Amid Trump’s Intensified Bombing Threats Over Nuclear Deal Stalemate

In a tense escalation, Iran has cautioned that it will unveil “new strategies” if the current cease-fire is not prolonged and hostilities resume, while former President Trump has issued a stark warning that “numerous bombs” could be deployed if a peace agreement is not reached.

Mohammed-Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of Iran’s parliament, announced on Monday that the nation has been “preparing” during the cease-fire. He criticized Trump, who reiterated his threat to target Iranian infrastructure should negotiations fail.

Ghalibaf, who led the Iranian delegation in Islamabad last week, stated on social media platform X, “Trump aims to transform this negotiating table—through his own tactics—into one of capitulation or to justify renewed military aggression by imposing a blockade and breaching the ceasefire.”

He further asserted, “We reject negotiations conducted under duress, and in the past weeks, we have been preparing to introduce new strategies on the ground.”

Although Iran has not officially confirmed whether it will dispatch a negotiation team to Islamabad, Pakistan, for peace discussions with the United States, reports from the Wall Street Journal suggest that regional intermediaries have been informed of a delegation’s potential arrival in the Pakistani capital.

In a related development, Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi criticized Washington during conversations with his Pakistani and Russian counterparts, following the U.S. military’s seizure of the cargo vessel Touska.

Iran’s semi-official Tasnim News Agency reported a delegation from Tehran would only attend talks if the US met certain preconditions.

But, the clock is ticking, with President Trump telling Bloomberg the cease-fire will end “Wednesday evening Washington time.”

Trump said it’s “highly unlikely” the cease-fire will be extended if there’s no agreement.

The commander-in-chief told PBS Monday “Then lots of bombs start going off” in response to a question asking about the next steps in a no-deal scenario.

Trump reiterated that Iran cannot have the capability to develop a nuclear weapon.

“No nuclear weapons. Very simple,” he said. 

But, despite the ticking clock, Trump told The Post he “will not be rushed” into ending the conflict. 

“I have only been in this for five weeks. I will not be rushed,” he said.

The war is now in its 53rd day despite Trump previously claiming he expected the operation would last “four weeks or so,” one day after the US-Israel assault began on Feb. 28.

The War Powers Resolution of 1973, which the White House argues is unconstitutional, says the president must receive congressional approval for conflicts lasting longer than 60 days.

Last week, the House of Representatives defeated a resolution 213-214 requiring Trump to withdraw forces from the war unless Congress backs military action.

Kentucky lawmaker Thomas Massie was the only GOP politician to cross party lines and vote for the measure.

You May Also Like

Gunman Fires Wildly on Brooklyn Street, Shoots Dog and Narrowly Misses Developmentally Disabled Woman - Internewscast Journal

Gunman Fires Wildly on Brooklyn Street, Shoots Dog and Narrowly Misses Developmentally Disabled Woman

Police are searching for a gunman who opened fire on a Brooklyn…
Gavin Newsom Signs Stop Nick Shirley Act Amid Backlash - Internewscast Journal

Gavin Newsom Signs Stop Nick Shirley Act Amid Backlash

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday signed the disputed “Stop Nick Shirley…
Woman Dies After SUV Plunges Into Long Island Swimming Pool - Internewscast Journal

Woman Dies After SUV Plunges Into Long Island Swimming Pool

A 40-year-old woman was killed Friday after her SUV veered out of…
Another Child’s Room Becomes a Memorial to School Shootings - Internewscast Journal

Another Child’s Room Becomes a Memorial to School Shootings

In south Minneapolis, a bedroom on the second floor sits almost exactly…
Sophie Cunningham Supporters and Critics Rally Outside NYC Arena During Liberty-Fever Game Amid Trans Controversy - Internewscast Journal

Sophie Cunningham Supporters and Critics Rally Outside NYC Arena During Liberty-Fever Game Amid Trans Controversy

Competing protests broke out outside the New York Liberty’s Saturday matchup at…
Supreme Court Lets White House Ballroom Construction Move Forward for Now - Internewscast Journal

Supreme Court Lets White House Ballroom Construction Move Forward for Now

Washington — The Supreme Court on Friday cleared the way, at least…
Weezer’s The Gold Album Review: Sunny Hooks Strike Gold - Internewscast Journal

Weezer’s The Gold Album Review: Sunny Hooks Strike Gold

At first glance, Creedence Clearwater Revival and Weezer seem like two rock…
17-Year-Old Victim Identified After Shooting at Bakersfield High School Football Game; 15-Year-Old Arrested - Internewscast Journal

17-Year-Old Victim Identified After Shooting at Bakersfield High School Football Game; 15-Year-Old Arrested

A 17-year-old former high school quarterback once seen as a rising football…
AOC Says She Has Completed Egg Retrieval, Promises More Updates on Fertility Journey - Internewscast Journal

AOC Says She Has Completed Egg Retrieval, Promises More Updates on Fertility Journey

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has finished her egg-freezing process and says she plans…
Chicago Woman Hospitalized After Allegedly Bacteria-Tainted Wendy’s Cheeseburger, Lawsuit Says - Internewscast Journal

Chicago Woman Hospitalized After Allegedly Bacteria-Tainted Wendy’s Cheeseburger, Lawsuit Says

A Chicago woman says a Wendy’s double cheeseburger came with far more…
Charles Manson's granddaughter reveals moment she discovered dark family secret: 'It was devastating'

Charles Manson’s Granddaughter Reveals How She Learned Her Family’s Dark Secret: ‘It Was Devastating’

In 2022, Sophia Maddox got the kind of phone call that can…
Deadly California High School Football Shooting: Arrest Made - Internewscast Journal

Deadly California High School Football Shooting: Arrest Made

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested after a gang-related shooting at a…