Jacksonville Fair, law enforcement assure safety amid viral 'Fair Takeover' concern


Jacksonville Fair Boosts Security Measures in Response to ‘Fair Takeover’ Buzz

The Jacksonville Fair, a beloved local tradition known for its thrilling rides, delicious food, and family-friendly atmosphere, is taking steps to ensure the safety of its visitors following the circulation of a concerning flyer online. This flyer, advertising a “Fair Takeover,” has caught the attention of both fair organizers and law enforcement, prompting a proactive response to maintain the event’s secure environment.

With the fair having just opened its gates this past Thursday, the timing of the flyer’s appearance on social media has heightened the urgency to address any potential safety risks. The Jacksonville community looks forward to the fair each year, with thousands drawn by the promise of fun and entertainment.

Attendees like Luke Daniels express their enthusiasm for the fair’s attractions, saying, “I loved the rides and the hang glider ride,” capturing the excitement that brings families back year after year. Meanwhile, David Daniels offers culinary advice, recommending, “Make sure you get their chicken on a stick and their fried Oreos,” highlighting the fair’s diverse food offerings that are as much a draw as the rides themselves.

In light of the situation, the fair organizers, working closely with police, are committed to ensuring that the event remains a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Their collaboration aims to reassure the public and address any concerns, underscoring the importance of vigilance and community cooperation in preserving the festive spirit of the Jacksonville Fair.

“i loved the rides and the hang glider ride,” said Luke Daniels.

“Make sure you get their chicken on a stick and their fried Oreos,” said David Daniels. 

“The turkey leg, the popcorn, I love the kettle corn,” said Joann Curry. 

However, this year, a viral flyer is stirring up concern before the weekend crowd even arrives.

The “fair takeover” post circulating on social media reads “don’t leave the drama at home” and “keep your cameras ready, don’t run from no fades.” It promises “this night will be a movie.”

Fair officials tell First Coast News they take safety seriously.

President and CEO Bill Olsen sent First Coast News this statement: 

“Safety is always our top priority. Working closely with JSO, our team is committed to a secure environment and enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any behavior outside our safety standards. We look forward to welcoming everyone to enjoy a fun, family-friendly celebration of our 70th anniversary and final downtown event before our move to the Westside.” 

First Coast News reached out to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

The agency said they are aware of events circulating online and will have a large police presence there every night.

This comes after several “teen takeovers” took place across Northeast Florida.

In July, JSO broke up a crowd of 700 juveniles near friendship fountain, seizing guns and drugs.

Earlier that month, Clay County deputies cleared hundreds from a “pop up party” outside orange park mall.

However, despite the concern about the fair takeover…most fairgoers we spoke with still plan on coming out to enjoy the festivities.

“We were here yesterday, and we’re here today, and we’ll be here Sunday and another few times this week,” said David Daniels, “we’re really comfortable. It’s a good time.”

Fair organizers say they’ll continue to work closely with law enforcement and want visitors to stay alert, follow safety rules and focus on having fun. 

You May Also Like

Texas Baby Born After Surrogate Refused Abortion Request Undergoes Complex Heart Surgery - Internewscast Journal

Texas Baby Born After Surrogate Refused Abortion Request Undergoes Complex Heart Surgery

A baby at the center of a high-profile surrogacy dispute has undergone…
Runner Finds Woman Fatally Stabbed Beside Vehicle Near Upscale DC Suburb Trail - Internewscast Journal

Runner Finds Woman Fatally Stabbed Beside Vehicle Near Upscale DC Suburb Trail

Woman found dead outside car in affluent neighborhood Police said a morning…
WHDC Director in Harlem Millions Scandal Had No Experience - Internewscast Journal

WHDC Director in Harlem Millions Scandal Had No Experience

A man accused of racist conduct and with no background in fund…
Health Officials Trace Salmonella Outbreak to California Egg Producer - Internewscast Journal

Health Officials Trace Salmonella Outbreak to California Egg Producer

A California egg farm has been identified by local health officials as…
Former NIAID Adviser David Morens Pleads Guilty in COVID-19 Records Scheme - Internewscast Journal

Former NIAID Adviser David Morens Pleads Guilty in COVID-19 Records Scheme

Washington — A former top adviser at the National Institute of Allergy…
Meta Faces Oakland Court Battle as States Sue Over Teen Social Media Use - Internewscast Journal

Meta Faces Oakland Court Battle as States Sue Over Teen Social Media Use

Outside a federal courthouse in Oakland on Tuesday, grieving parents held photos…
Report: Workers Warned Ohio Trench Was Too Deep Minutes Before Fatal Cave-In - Internewscast Journal

Report: Workers Warned Ohio Trench Was Too Deep Minutes Before Fatal Cave-In

Workers assigned to replace a storm drain at an Ohio construction site…
CBP officers seize $67 million in illegal drugs at San Diego border ports, DHS says

CBP Seizes $67 Million in Illegal Drugs at San Diego Border Ports, DHS Reports

Alleged underground drug tunnel discovered in San Diego Federal authorities say a…
NYC Pollution Report Fuels Congestion Pricing Backlash - Internewscast Journal

NYC Pollution Report Fuels Congestion Pricing Backlash

Opponents of congestion pricing are claiming vindication. A new New York City…
Wladimir Klitschko Says He’s in ‘Profound Shock’ After Hayden Panettiere’s Death - Internewscast Journal

Wladimir Klitschko Says He’s in ‘Profound Shock’ After Hayden Panettiere’s Death

Wladimir Klitschko, Hayden Panettiere’s former fiancé, publicly addressed the actor’s death for…
Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US - Internewscast Journal

Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US

U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner issued a blunt warning to Hamas on…
Liberia to Accept 1,000 Third-Country Deportees From US - Internewscast Journal

Liberia to Accept 1,000 Third-Country Deportees From US

Liberia has reached an agreement with the United States to take in…