Court sketch Beau Lamarre-Condon from 5.11.24
Share this @internewscast.com

A former police officer will fight accusations he murdered two men with his service weapon, his lawyer says.

Beaumont Lamarre-Condon plans to plead not guilty to two murder charges related to the deaths of flight attendant Luke Davies, 29, and television presenter Jesse Baird, 26, in February 2024.

Lamarre-Condon is alleged to have shot the pair at Baird’s residence in Paddington, located in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, before placing their bodies in surfboard bags and disposing of them on a rural property.

READ MORE: Dangerous inmate only cell contact for mushroom killer

Court sketch Beau Lamarre-Condon from 5.11.24

They were found after Lamarre-Condon, 29, handed himself in.

Today, the lawyer for the ex-police officer announced that he would contest the murder accusations at the Downing Centre Local Court, moving the case towards a trial.

Lamarre-Condon's lawyer, Benjamin Archbold, who is his third legal representative in the matter, told the court of the pleas.

READ MORE: Australia Post suspends deliveries to the US after Trump tariffs

Jesse Baird and Luke Davies are believed to have been murdered.

The former cop, who remains in custody, was initially not on an audiovisual link when Archbold appeared on his behalf.

His mother attended court today.

The matter was listed for the NSW Supreme Court on October 3.

Lamarre-Condon is facing two counts of domestic violence-related murder and aggravated break and enter.

READ MORE: 'A lot' of Americans would 'like a dictator', Trump says

NSW Police allege the attack was premeditated and followed a months-long campaign of "predatory behaviour" targeting Baird.

Lamarre-Condon briefly dated the TV presenter before Baird began a relationship with Davies.

Police allege the former senior constable used his service weapon to shoot the couple before attempting to dispose of their bodies.

Lamarre-Condon was sacked by the NSW Police Force in March 2024.

He joined the police force in 2019 and was previously the operator of a celebrity blog, frequently appearing in photographs alongside numerous high-profile figures such as Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, and Harry Styles.

The case was littered with delays before the not guilty pleas were entered.

Crown prosecutor Brendan Donnelly had earlier expressed opposition to any further delays in the proceedings, noting Lamarre-Condon had ample opportunity to submit his pleas.

Charges against the former police officer were certified in July 2024.

DOWNLOAD THE 9NEWS APP: Keep up with all the latest happenings in breaking news, sports, politics, and weather through our news app and receive alerts directly to your smartphone. Accessible on the Apple App Store and Google Play.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Jetstar

Airbus Recall Grounds Jetstar Flights, Leading to Long Passenger Queues

Jetstar flights across the country are facing disruptions, with delays and cancellations…
The Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon after getting married today in Canberra.

Inside the Secret Wedding of Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon at The Lodge: Exclusive Details Revealed

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has married long-time partner Jodie Haydon in an…

Trump Challenges Biden’s Autopen Executive Orders: A New Political Showdown Unfolds

In a recent statement, former President Donald Trump announced his intention to…

Tragic Floods in Southeast Asia Claim Over 250 Lives

Days of devastating flooding across Southeast Asia have killed more than 250…
Matildas defender Ellie Carpenter embraces Winonah Heatley during their match against New Zealand

Matildas’ Emotional Tribute: Star Player’s Hidden Heartbreak Revealed in Thrilling New Zealand Match

Winonah Heatley, a standout player for the Matildas, joined her team amidst…
Lucas died after a stabbing in Sydney's Rouse Hill.

Family of Fatally Stabbed Teen Remembers Him as a ‘Loyal Young Man

The parents of a Sydney teenager who tragically lost his life in…
No one could escape these two words for weeks. Now Aussies are opting out

Aussies Opt Out of Viral Two-Word Craze Dominating Conversations for Weeks

Exclusive Insight: The phrase “Black Friday” has been ubiquitous, filling email inboxes…
Thousands swelter without power as mercury soars again across south-east Queensland

Scorching Heatwave Leaves Southeast Queensland Powerless: Thousands Struggle in Rising Temperatures

Almost 3000 homes and businesses were without power in south-east Queensland yesterday…

Prime Minister Commends ‘Yes-alition’ as Environmental Reforms Secure Passage Before Parliament Adjourns for the Year

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has happily returned for an extra sitting day…
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is under pressure from the US to take an unfavourable peace deal with Russia.

Top Aide to Zelenskyy Steps Down Following Anti-Corruption Probe at Residence

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced Friday the resignation of his powerful chief…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…