Share this @internewscast.com
In a significant bust, Canadian border authorities intercepted close to 600 pounds of suspected methamphetamine at the US-Canada border this month.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) revealed details of the operation on Tuesday, noting that the discovery actually took place on February 4.
A 29-year-old Canadian named Kulbir Singh is accused of attempting to transport the illegal substances into Canada from the United States.
According to a CBSA statement, “On February 4, 2026, a commercial vehicle entering Canada at the Blue Water Bridge from the United States was selected for further inspection. During this secondary examination, border officers, aided by a detector dog, uncovered 16 duffle bags filled with what is believed to be methamphetamine,” the agency explained.
The confiscated drugs weighed in at 266.4 kilograms, equivalent to just over 587 pounds.
Singh faces charges in Canada related to the importation of methamphetamine and possession with the intent to traffic the drug.
The CBSA in Southern Ontario says it has seized 1,359 pounds of methamphetamine coming from the United States since January 2025.

The announcement comes amid chafing relations between Canada and President Donald Trump’s administration, with Trump complaining last week about Ottawa’s tariff plans and negotiations with China.
In an effort to bring Canada to the negotiating table, Trump said he would not allow the opening of the Gordie Howe International Bridge, which is named after the legendary Canadian ice hockey player who played for the Detroit Red Wings.
The bridge, which is currently under construction, will connect Detroit and Windsor, Ontario.
“I will not allow this bridge to open until the United States is fully compensated for everything we have given them, and also, importantly, Canada treats the United States with the Fairness and Respect that we deserve,” Trump wrote.
“We will start negotiations, IMMEDIATELY. With all that we have given them, we should own, perhaps, at least one half of this asset,” he added.

He cited the removal of US alcohol products from Canadian liquor store shelves in Ontario.
Trump has previously accused Canada of taking advantage of US trade policies.
In his post, Trump said Canada has moved forward with building the bridge with “virtually no US content.”