Israeli court postpones Netanyahu's corruption trial as Trump calls for case to be dropped
Share this @internewscast.com

The Jerusalem District Court consented to delay Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s corruption trial — mere hours after President Trump called for the dismissal of the case, indicating that American assistance might be influenced by the outcome.

On Sunday, the court announced that due to reasons involving diplomacy and national security, Netanyahu would not be required to testify in the next two weeks. This decision comes two days after a judge initially denied the Prime Minister’s repeated pleas to postpone the trial.

The postponement followed Trump’s comments on Truth Social, where he criticized the corruption trial — involving charges of bribery, fraud, and breach of trust against Netanyahu in three separate cases — as a “political witch hunt.”

“It is terrible what they are doing in Israel to Bibi Netanyahu,” Trump wrote. “He is a War Hero, and a Prime Minister who did a fabulous job working with the United States to bring Great Success in getting rid of the dangerous Nuclear threat in Iran.”

“The United States of America spends Billions of Dollar a year, far more than on any other Nation, protecting and supporting Israel. We are not going to stand for this,” he warned.

Trump also claimed that having Netanyahu occupied with the case would interfere with cease-fire and hostage release efforts in Gaza, as well as the fragile truce with Iran.

“Thank you again, @realDonaldTrump. Together, we will make the Middle East Great Again!” Netanyahu replied.

A White House official said Trump identified with Netanyahu and made the personal decision to back the embattled prime minister during the ride back from the NATO summit last week, Axios reported.

The latest delay to the trial, which has stretched on for four years, has led to many Israeli officials condemning the prime minister for allegedly using his executive powers to stall the case.

The leader of the opposition Democrats party, Yair Golan, said Trump’s proposal shows how prolonging the war in Gaza personally benefits Netanyahu, who has refused to end the fighting until the terror group is completely eliminated — a goal with no set timeline.

“Trump’s proposal proves: The hostages are held by Hamas, but they are captive to Netanyahu’s interests,” Golan wrote on X.

Netanyahu stands accused of accepting more than $200,000 from wealthy businessmen and granting hundreds of millions of dollars worth of regulatory benefits to a telecom owner in exchange for favorable news coverage.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe still ‘fighting for his life’ after DC shooting

National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe in Critical Condition Following Washington, D.C. Shooting

In a harrowing incident in Washington, D.C., West Virginia National Guardsman Andrew…
Mass shooting at Stockton, California, banquet hall leaves 4 dead, 10 wounded

Tragic Mass Shooting at Stockton Banquet Hall Claims Four Lives, Injures Ten Others

A tragic mass shooting in Stockton, California, on Saturday evening resulted in…
CIA‑Linked Zero Unit Fighter Accused of Killing DC National Guard

Shocking Allegations: CIA-Linked Operative Tied to DC National Guard’s Fatal Incident

A former CIA-backed Afghan commando accused of gunning down two West Virginia…
Israeli Soldiers Execute Surrendering Palestinians in Jenin Raid

Controversial Jenin Raid: Israeli Soldiers Accused of Executing Surrendering Palestinians

Video from Jenin in the occupied West Bank shows Israeli border police…
Rubio, Witkoff meet with Ukrainian officials in push to finalize deal after Zelenskyy's top negotiator resigns

Rubio and Witkoff Engage with Ukrainian Officials to Conclude Deal Following Resignation of Zelenskyy’s Chief Negotiator

In a significant diplomatic push, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. Special…
Apple TV pulls show ahead of premiere over plagiarism accusations

Apple TV Halts Show Launch Amidst Controversy: Plagiarism Allegations Unveiled

The release of the French thriller “The Hunt” on Apple TV has…
Afghan National Freed Under Biden Program Arrested After TikTok Bomb Threat in Fort Worth

Controversial Release: Afghan National’s TikTok Bomb Threat Shakes Fort Worth After Biden Program Grant

An Afghan national, who entered the United States through President Biden’s Operation…
LA ICE Raids Get Wild; Protester Makes Bad Decision to Block Van; Mayor Bass' Statement Is Incredible

Chaos Erupts in NYC: Anti-ICE Protesters Block Federal Agents in Garage Standoff

Recent actions by left-wing activists against ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) have…
Analyzing Japanese free agents heading to MLB after Yankees declared interest

Yankees Eye Japanese Free Agents: MLB’s Next Big International Talent Surge

The New York Yankees are signaling a strong intention to re-engage with…
Parolee with lengthy criminal history identified in deadly crash that killed Colorado father, 3 children

Parolee with Extensive Criminal Record Involved in Fatal Colorado Crash, Claiming Lives of Father and Three Children

Authorities have identified the victims of a devastating car crash in Colorado…
New Hulu special fuses fashion and science to commemorate World AIDS Day

Hulu’s Unique Special Blends Fashion with Science in Honor of World AIDS Day

Fashion designers have long been recognized for their ability to weave narratives…
Victims in deadly Colorado carjacking crash identified as suspect's ID kept under wraps: 'Incomprehensible'

Identities of Colorado Carjacking Crash Victims Revealed, Suspect’s Name Remains Confidential

Authorities have identified the victims of a tragic car crash in Colorado…