U.S. Marines assisting with evacuations at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul.
Share this @internewscast.com

Nigel Farage has sparked a furious row after he claimed “convicted sex offenders” are among the Afghans secretly airlifted into the UK.

Reform UK’s leader alleged that the rescue of almost 20,000 Afghans is a risk to women’s safety.

U.S. Marines assisting with evacuations at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul.
Evacuation of Kabul in 2021Credit: AP
Defense Secretary John Healey giving a media interview.
Defence Secretary John Healey slapped down Nigel Farage’s claimsCredit: PA

In a covert operation, thousands were airlifted to the UK from a nation ravaged by conflict, following the leak of a list of names that included individuals who had valiantly served alongside British forces over two decades. This error by the Ministry of Defence potentially endangered many lives.

And Mr Farage’s comments about those brought over to the UK have triggered a row with Labour and the Tories.

Mr. Farage, in a video shared on X, stated: “Among those who arrived are individuals with convictions for sex offenses. I assure you, I am not fabricating this, and the entire operation’s cost has reached an astonishing £7 billion.

“The figures are astronomical, the financial burden is incomprehensible, and the risk posed to women walking the streets of this country is, quite frankly, immeasurable.

“I can’t think of a better example of the total incompetence, dishonesty and genuine lack of understanding of what the priorities of a British government are than this Afghan scandal.”

But Defence Secretary John Healey denied any known sex offenders had been allowed into the UK under the route.

He insisted everyone who had come in had been checked “carefully” for any criminal records.

And he said if Mr Farage had any “hard evidence” he should report it to police.

The Cabinet minister told Times Radio: “Anyone who has come into this country under any of the government schemes that was under the previous government and now from Afghanistan is checked carefully for security, checked carefully for any of those sort of criminal records that would preclude and prevent them coming to this country.”

Tory shadow Chancellor Mel Stride agreed and said it was incumbent on Mr Farage to provide evidence to his claims.

On Tuesday it was revealed thousands of Afghans had secretly been relocated to the UK after a huge £7bn email blunder.

A Royal Marine accidentally sent an email containing details of Afghan refugees fleeing the Taliban to the wrong people.

The list included names of their individual UK sponsors including SAS and MI6 spies and at least one Royal Marine Major General.

The Ministry of Defence blunder was kept Top Secret for almost three years by a legal super injunction.

Details only came to light on Tuesday after a High Court judge ruled the gagging order should be lifted.

Tory former defence secretary Sir Ben Wallace insisted there was “not a cover-up”.

Sir Ben said if the leak had been revealed it would have “put in peril those we needed to help out”.

“I make no apology for applying to the court for an injunction at the time,” he wrote in The Telegraph.

“It was not, as some are childishly trying to claim, a cover-up.

“Imagine if the Taliban had been alerted to the existence of this list. I would dread to think what would have happened.”

Sir Ben said he applied for a four-month injunction and did not know why it was converted into a super-injunction in September 2023, when Sir Grant Shapps had taken over as defence secretary.

His successor, Mr Shapps, has so far remained silent on the scandal.

Separately, the mass arrivals of Afghans has been linked to last summer’s riots in Britain.

A briefing paper circulated to Cabinet ministers two months after the disorder in 2024 revealed that the locations were largely in places where there had been a high number of Afghan arrivals.

Close-up portrait of Ben Wallace.
Former Tory Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said he made “no apology” for the initial injunction which kept the details secretCredit: AP
People struggle to cross a boundary wall at Hamid Karzai International Airport.
People struggle to cross the boundary wall of Hamid Karzai International Airport, Kabul, to flee in August 2021Credit: Getty
Grant Shapps, UK Defence Secretary, speaks at a press conference.
Former defence secretary Grant Shapps sCredit: PA
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
New White House Media Bias Website Just Turned On the Floodlights

White House Launches Comprehensive Media Bias Website to Illuminate News Reporting

President Donald Trump, at his core, remains a marketing strategist. His sharp…
WATCH: Trump Blasts Reporter over National Guard Shooting Question

WATCH: Trump Criticizes Reporter in Response to National Guard Shooting Inquiry

President Donald Trump did not shy away from expressing his frustration during…
American tourist found stabbed to death in Tobago

American Tourist Tragically Discovered Fatally Stabbed in Tobago

Local authorities have reported the death of an American man found with…
Sophisticated porch pirate ring hacked shipment tracking info to steal hundreds of phones, prosecutor says

Tech-Savvy Thieves Exploit Tracking Data to Snatch Hundreds of Phones, Authorities Reveal

Prosecutors in New York have dismantled an intricate porch piracy network, wherein…
DC Guard Shooter Linked to CIA-Backed Afghan ‘Zero Units’

CIA Connection Revealed: DC Guard Shooter’s Ties to Afghan ‘Zero Units’ Exposed

A suspected Afghan terrorist who killed National Guard troops Sarah Beckstrom and…
Illinois man charged with arson after allegedly setting home ablaze on Thanksgiving

Illinois Resident Accused of Thanksgiving Day House Fire

In a shocking Thanksgiving incident, an Illinois man found himself behind bars…
Maduro brandishes sword at rally as he rails against 'imperialist aggression' amid rising tensions with US

Maduro’s Fiery Rally: Sword-Wielding Protest Against U.S. ‘Imperialist Aggression

Earlier this week in Caracas, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro delivered a bold…
Man arrested after allegedly attempting to kidnap two 12-year-old girls in Glynn County

Attempted Kidnapping in Glynn County: Man Arrested for Allegedly Targeting Two 12-Year-Old Girls

A 21-year-old man, Evert Luna, has been taken into custody by Glynn…
Indiana Republican's Problematic Remark About Trump, How He's Voting on State Redistricting

Indiana Republican’s Controversial Comment on Trump and Its Impact on State Redistricting Vote

Indiana’s legislature is currently debating a redistricting proposal that could potentially bolster…
Northwestern University federal funding restored after school reaches deal with Trump administration, officials say

Northwestern University Secures Federal Funding Restoration Following Agreement with Trump Administration

Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, has successfully negotiated a deal with the…
Russia outlaws Human Rights Watch as crackdown on dissent continues

Russia Bans Human Rights Watch: Escalating Clampdown on Free Speech and Dissent

On Friday, Russian authorities declared Human Rights Watch as an “undesirable organization.”…
US dramatically escalates Somalia airstrikes as Trump admin targets ISIS, al Qaeda terrorists

US Intensifies Airstrikes in Somalia, Targeting ISIS and al Qaeda Forces

JOHANNESBURG: The frequency of U.S. airstrikes targeting jihadi extremists in Somalia has…