Apartment building damaged by a drone strike at night.
Share this @internewscast.com

VLADIMIR Putin has been accused of recruiting Ukrainian children and brainwashing them into becoming suicide bombers.

The desperate Russian leader has been offering teenagers and vulnerable civilians money in exchange for their lives, according to Ukrainian security services.

Apartment building damaged by a drone strike at night.
A crumbling apartment building hit by a Russian drone strike in ZaporizhzhiaCredit: Reuters
Ukrainian rescuer extinguishing a fire at a missile attack site in Sumy.
The site of a Russian missile attack in Sumy this month as firefighters battle with the flamesCredit: AFP
Vladimir Putin in a dark blue suit.
Vladimir Putin has been accused of recruiting Ukrainian children and brainwashing them into becoming suicide bombersCredit: Reuters

In March, a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old were recruited by Putin’s operatives and instructed to create and transport a bag of explosives through a Ukrainian city, reports New Lines Magazine.

The teens were walking through the city of Ivano-Frankivsk when the improvised explosives they were carrying suddenly exploded.

The 17-year-old was instantly killed in the blast.

His younger friend was left hospitalised with life changing injuries.

Ukrainian officials later claimed the device they had been carrying – given to them by Russian handlers – had been remotely detonated.

Both had been offered “easy money”, Ukraine said.

A similar tragedy saw a group of Ukrainian soldiers targeted by a hired mum-of-one.

In February, an innocent looking woman walked up to a group of men who were outside a cafe in Mykolaiv.

She placed her bag next to the crowd and within seconds it exploded.

It was remotely detonated and killed the 42-year-old and three of the soldiers who were all members of Ukraine’s demining corps, Kyiv announced.

Zelensky threatens Ukraine will strike Putin’s beloved May 9 Victory Day parade… despite Vlad declaring 3 day ceasefire

Russian media tried to claim the mum had acted out of vengeance after her young son was killed in the horrors of war.

But she had actually been allegedly recruited by Russia through Telegram.

A Russian intelligence agent had handed her the bag, claiming it contained a large sum of money that needed to be delivered to the men, the magazine report states.

The woman had no idea she was set up to be a suicide bomber, it added.

There are no limits to what the Russians will do now

Ed Boganformer CIA officer

The bomb had reportedly even been prepared by a group of teenagers aged between 14 and 17 from Poltava Oblast.

A Ukrainian intelligence officer told New Lines that he believes Moscow deliberately entices in young people as they are easier to brainwash.

They said: “Teenagers and young people are easier to recruit for such actions, when you characterise what they’re being asked to do as some sort of game.

“The Russian intelligence services consider such people ‘one-time’ assets and have never been worried about them.”

Russian soldiers with rifles in a truck during a military parade rehearsal.
Russian soldiers ride a truck during a rehearsal for the Victory Day military paradeCredit: AP
Firefighters battling a large building fire.
Russian drones engulfed the Ukrainian city of Odesa in flames just after the deal was signedCredit: Reuters

These attacks are just the latest in a slew of examples showing how Russia has become increasingly more desperate in their gruelling war.

Ed Bogan, a former CIA officer, blasted Putin’s new warfare ploys and even compared them to other prolific terror groups.

He said: “It’s al Qaeda and ISIS-level tactics.

“There are no limits to what the Russians will do now.”

Russian hybrid warfare expert Liubov Tsybulska labelled it an “incredibly sinister and insidious tactic.”

He also agreed with Mr Bogan.

“It’s similar to tactics used by al Qaeda or Islamic State, except the people Russia recruits don’t know they’re going to blow themselves up,” Tsybulska said.

“And they are happy to use the most vulnerable people – women or children – in such attacks. They really don’t care.”

A nationwide campaign has even been launched by the Security Service of Ukraine to warn school children of the lurking threat of Russian recruitment online.

The kids are being urged to report any suspicious activity on social media straight away to the authorities so they can investigate properly.

Another one of Russia’s deadly tactics is their incessant use of air attacks on innocent Ukrainians.

Two people were killed and at least 15 more were injured in overnight strikes by Putin.

They are happy to use the most vulnerable people – women or children – in such attacks. They really don’t care

Liubov TsybulskaRussian hybrid warfare expert

Ukraine’s air force said that mad Vlad launched at least five ballistic missiles and 170 drones.

One of the most devastating was a drone strike on Odesa – just hours after the US and Ukraine signed a landmark mineral deal.

The long-awaited deal comes two months after a historic bust-up between Don and his Ukrainian counterpart which shocked the world.

For Kyiv, the deal is central to binding it to Washington’s might and preventing any more Russian invasions after a peace deal.

Trump has vowed he wants peace in Ukraine, but has said that the US must be repaid for all the military support it has given the country.

The deal will provide Washington privileged access to new investment projects to develop Ukraine’s natural resources, including aluminium, graphite, oil and natural gas.

It also means America will continue to back Ukraine in the war.

US-Ukraine minerals deal explained

By Sayan Bose, Foreign News Reporter

The minerals deal sets out the creation of a joint US-Ukrainian fund for reconstruction, which will receive 50 per cent of profits and royalties accruing to the Ukrainian state from new natural resources permits in Ukraine.

The deal does not spell out how the joint fund’s revenues will be spent, who benefits or who controls decisions about the spending.

Now that the deal has been closed, the two sides will agree on two further technical and supplementary documents outlining issues such as how the funds are accumulated.

Ukraine would retain control of all its resources in the deal, while the fund will invest in the development of Ukraine for 10 years, according to the country’s prime minister Denys Shmyhal.

The US could use its future military assistance to Ukraine as its contribution to the fund, Shmyhal said, with no previous military aid to the country reflected in the deal.

“Ukraine will only make a contribution from new licenses, from new royalties on mineral resources. This will be our contribution, 50% of which will be given to this fund,” he added.

A draft of the main minerals agreement showed that Ukraine had secured the removal of any requirement for it to pay back the US for past military assistance, something Ukraine had staunchly opposed.

Washington has been Ukraine’s single largest military donor since Russia’s 2022 invasion, with aid of more than 64 billion euros ($72 billion), according to the Kiel Institute in Germany.

Two people signing a document at a table with the American and Ukrainian flags in the background.
US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Ukrainian First Deputy Prime Minister Yulia Svyrydenko sign the minerals dealCredit: Reuters
Illustration of Ukraine's mineral deposits, showing locations of titanium, zirconium, rare earths, graphite, and lithium.
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Rubio, Witkoff meet with Ukrainian officials in push to finalize deal after Zelenskyy's top negotiator resigns

Rubio and Witkoff Engage with Ukrainian Officials to Conclude Deal Following Resignation of Zelenskyy’s Chief Negotiator

In a significant diplomatic push, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. Special…
4 people killed, 10 wounded in shooting at child’s party in California

Tragic Shooting at California Children’s Party Leaves 4 Dead, 10 Injured: Community in Shock

In a tragic turn of events over the weekend, a child’s birthday…
Asking Eric: Husband does housework while wife plays online games

Role Reversal: How One Husband’s Chores Empower His Wife’s Gaming Passion

Dear Eric, I am a 47-year-old man who has been married to…
Victims in deadly Colorado carjacking crash identified as suspect's ID kept under wraps: 'Incomprehensible'

Identities of Colorado Carjacking Crash Victims Revealed, Suspect’s Name Remains Confidential

Authorities have identified the victims of a tragic car crash in Colorado…
Analyzing Japanese free agents heading to MLB after Yankees declared interest

Yankees Eye Japanese Free Agents: MLB’s Next Big International Talent Surge

The New York Yankees are signaling a strong intention to re-engage with…
Parolee with lengthy criminal history identified in deadly crash that killed Colorado father, 3 children

Parolee with Extensive Criminal Record Involved in Fatal Colorado Crash, Claiming Lives of Father and Three Children

Authorities have identified the victims of a devastating car crash in Colorado…
Mass shooting at Stockton, California, banquet hall leaves 4 dead, 10 wounded

Tragic Mass Shooting at Stockton Banquet Hall Claims Four Lives, Injures Ten Others

A tragic mass shooting in Stockton, California, on Saturday evening resulted in…
National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe still ‘fighting for his life’ after DC shooting

National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe in Critical Condition Following Washington, D.C. Shooting

In a harrowing incident in Washington, D.C., West Virginia National Guardsman Andrew…
Afghan National Freed Under Biden Program Arrested After TikTok Bomb Threat in Fort Worth

Controversial Release: Afghan National’s TikTok Bomb Threat Shakes Fort Worth After Biden Program Grant

An Afghan national, who entered the United States through President Biden’s Operation…
Oregon Gov. Threatens to Investigate Agents Enforcing Immigration Laws

Oregon Governor Considers Probe into Immigration Law Enforcement Practices

Oregon’s Governor Tina Kotek (D) has issued a warning that the state…
Netanyahu requests pardon from Israeli president, after Trump letter urging clemency

Netanyahu Seeks Presidential Pardon Following Trump’s Clemency Appeal: A Political Twist in Israel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has reached out to President Isaac Herzog…
Rioters throw trash, garbage cans at ICE vehicles in New York City; multiple arrests

New York City Chaos: Rioters Target ICE Vehicles with Trash Barrage, Prompting Multiple Arrests

Authorities have confirmed that multiple arrests took place on Saturday following an…