Share this @internewscast.com

The man swept away by floodwaters in San Bernardino has been identified as a 55-year-old father.
Authorities reported that Edward Jozwiak’s body was discovered roughly a mile from where rescuers initially found him clinging to the roof of his truck. The incident occurred Tuesday night when severe flooding submerged his vehicle near Keenbrook Road and Cajon Boulevard.
Following the discovery on Wednesday morning, his daughter expressed her grief on social media.
“Tragically, he was found this morning and will no longer be on this planet with us but up in heaven with my grandpa,” Vanasa Jozwiak shared in a heartfelt Facebook post. She also initiated a GoFundMe campaign to help cover funeral expenses.
Download The California Post App, follow us on social, and subscribe to our newsletters
Connect with California Post News on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, YouTube, WhatsApp, and LinkedIn.
Follow California Post Sports on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and X.
Explore California Post Opinion pieces.
Subscribe to California Post Newsletters: Sign up here!
Download the California Post App: Available here!
Get Home Delivery: Subscribe here!
Join Page Six Hollywood: Sign up here!
Vanasa described how her father “got stuck in a creek that is usually very mellow” while attempting to return home. Due to the weather, “that creek turned into a very strong moving river basically,” she explained.
The area where Jozwiak was swept away forms a natural creek bed and can be prone to flooding, officials noted.
On Tuesday night, he had been sitting on the roof of his truck in the Devore neighborhood as heavy rains pounded Southern California.
As rescue crews arrived shortly before 11:30 p.m, he was carried away by the rushing water.
Two other adults at the scene were able to “self-rescue” before first responders arrived, authorities said.
Jozwiak’s Facebook profile says he’s from Muscoy, California, and worked for a plumbing and heating company in Canada.