Trump warns Musk against aiding Democrats in upcoming elections
Share this @internewscast.com

The president also issued the warning during a phone interview Saturday.

BRIDGEWATER, N.J. — President Donald Trump has reiterated his disinterest in mending ties with Elon Musk, asserting on Saturday that he sees no need to reconcile. He cautioned that if Musk attempts to assist Democrats in the forthcoming elections, it could lead to “serious consequences.”

During a phone interview with NBC’s Kristen Welker, Trump stated he does not intend to reconcile with Musk. When asked if he considers his relationship with the billionaire CEO of Tesla and SpaceX to be over, Trump replied, “I would assume so, yeah.”

“I’m too busy doing other things,” Trump added. “You know, I won an election in a landslide. I gave him a lot of breaks, long before this happened, including during my first administration. I have no intention of speaking to him.”

The president also issued a warning amid chatter that Musk could back Democratic lawmakers and candidates in the 2026 midterm elections.

“If he does, he’ll have to pay the consequences for that,” Trump told NBC, though he declined to share what those consequences would be. Musk’s businesses have many lucrative federal contracts.

The president’s latest comments suggest Musk is moving from close ally to a potential new target for Trump, who has aggressively wielded the powers of his office to crack down on critics and punish perceived enemies. As a major government contractor, Musk’s businesses could be particularly vulnerable to retribution. Trump has already threatened to cut Musk’s contracts, calling it an easy way to save money.

The dramatic rupture between the president and the world’s richest man began this week with Musk’s public criticism of Trump’s “big beautiful bill” pending on Capitol Hill. Musk has warned that the bill will increase the federal deficit and called it a “disgusting abomination.”

Trump criticized Musk in the Oval Office, and before long, he and Musk began trading bitterly personal attacks on social media, sending the White House and GOP congressional leaders scrambling to assess the fallout.

As the back-and-forth intensified, Musk suggested Trump should be impeached and claimed without evidence that the government was concealing information about the president’s association with infamous pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Musk appeared by Saturday morning to have deleted his posts about Epstein.

Vice President JD Vance in an interview tried to downplay the feud. He said Musk was making a “huge mistake” going after Trump, but called him an “emotional guy” getting frustrated.

“I hope that eventually Elon comes back into the fold. Maybe that’s not possible now because he’s gone so nuclear,” Vance said.

Vance called Musk an “incredible entrepreneur,” and said that Musk’s Department of Government Efficiency, which sought to cut government spending and laid off or pushed out thousands of workers, was “really good.”

Vance made the comments in an interview with “ manosphere” comedian Theo Von, who last month joked about snorting drugs off a mixed-race baby and the sexuality of men in the U.S. Navy when he opened for Trump at a military base in Qatar.

The Vance interview was taped Thursday as Musk’s posts were unfurling on X, the social media network the billionaire owns.

During the interview, Von showed the vice president Musk’s claim that Trump’s administration hasn’t released all the records related to Epstein because Trump is mentioned in them.

Vance responded to that, saying, “Absolutely not. Donald Trump didn’t do anything wrong with Jeffrey Epstein.”

“This stuff is just not helpful,” Vance said in response to another post shared by Musk calling for Trump to be impeached and replaced with Vance.

“It’s totally insane. The president is doing a good job.”

Vance also defended the bill that has drawn Musk’s ire, and said its central goal was not to cut spending but to extend the 2017 tax cuts approved in Trump’s first term.

The bill would slash spending and taxes but also leave some 10.9 million more people without health insurance and spike deficits by $2.4 trillion over the decade, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

“It’s a good bill,” Vance said. “It’s not a perfect bill.”

The interview was taped in Nashville at a restaurant owned by musician Kid Rock, a Trump ally.

Copyright 2025 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.     

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
$100K reward offered after graffiti discovered inside Bills' new stadium

$100,000 Bounty Announced for Information on Vandalism at New Bills Stadium

Following the discovery of graffiti that halted progress on the new Bills…
Woman charged with animal abandonment after leaving dog tied at JetBlue counter at Las Vegas airport

Woman Faces Charges for Abandoning Dog at JetBlue Counter in Las Vegas Airport

An unusual and distressing incident unfolded at a Las Vegas airport when…
NYPD officers let drunk cop back on the road after crash: Manhattan DA

Manhattan DA Investigates NYPD Officers for Allowing Intoxicated Officer to Drive Post-Collision

Two New York Police Department officers are under scrutiny after allegedly allowing…
Judges free 3 West African migrants, slam ICE over 'unlawful' NYC raids

Judges Release Three West African Migrants, Criticize ICE for ‘Unlawful’ New York City Operations

Three West African migrants, detained as part of ICE’s efforts to curb…
Navy reservist on active duty accused of murdering wife believed to have fled to Hong Kong

Active Duty Navy Reservist Allegedly Murders Wife, Suspected to Have Escaped to Hong Kong

A Navy reservist currently on active duty is under suspicion for the…
Lake Tahoe avalanche victims allegedly took most dangerous escape route

Lake Tahoe Avalanche Tragedy: Victims Reportedly Chose Riskiest Escape Route, Experts Say

Reports indicate that backcountry skiers involved in a massive avalanche near Lake…
Christian mother, teacher found dead as police hunt homicide suspect in Ohio home invasion

Tragic Twist: Ohio Teacher’s Husband Arrested for Her Murder Days After Gruesome Discovery

Authorities have charged an Ohio man with murder following the fatal shooting…
Climber charged with leaving girlfriend on Austrian mountain to freeze to death tells court she told him to 'go' and find help

Climber Defends Decision to Leave Girlfriend on Austrian Mountain, Claims She Urged Him to Seek Help

An Austrian man facing charges of manslaughter is defending himself against accusations…
Trump tariffs Supreme Court ruling today LIVE: SCOTUS strikes down Trump's sweeping tariffs, upending plank of economic agenda

Breaking: Supreme Court Overturns Major Trump Tariffs – Live Updates on Economic Shift

In a significant legal development, the Supreme Court on Friday overturned President…
Climber charged with leaving girlfriend on Austrian mountain to freeze to death tells court she told him to 'go' and find help

Mountaineer Found Guilty in Tragic Death of Girlfriend on Austria’s Tallest Summit

An experienced mountaineer has been convicted of gross negligent manslaughter after leaving…
Clayton Dietz, accused of killing adoptive father hauled into court in handcuffs

Shocking Courtroom Drama: Clayton Dietz Faces Justice in Adoptive Father’s Murder Case

An 11-year-old, described as having a youthful appearance, faced the court in…
Beverly Hills "squatter" Rita Ortiz evicted after $570M lien scheme

Beverly Hills Scandal: Rita Ortiz’s $570M Lien Scheme Ends in Eviction

A businesswoman from Beverly Hills, accused of attempting to defraud Los Angeles…