Trump warns Iran has two days to open Strait of Hormuz, or face ‘hell’

Trump Issues Ultimatum: Iran Has 48 Hours to Open Strait of Hormuz or Face Severe Consequences

On Saturday, President Trump issued a stern ultimatum to Iran, declaring that the nation had 48 hours to reopen the Strait of Hormuz to commercial shipping or face severe consequences. His warning was direct, promising that “Hell” would be unleashed if Iran failed to comply.

In a pointed social media message, Trump reminded the world of his initial ultimatum given ten days prior, emphasizing the urgency of the situation. “Remember when I gave Iran ten days to MAKE A DEAL or OPEN UP THE HORMUZ STRAIT. Time is running out – 48 hours before all Hell will reign down on them,” he wrote. Trump punctuated his warning with a passionate conclusion, “Glory be to GOD!”

This reiteration of the deadline aligns with ongoing tensions, as the United States intensifies efforts to locate a missing pilot after an F-15 fighter jet was downed over Iran. The co-pilot of the aircraft has been successfully rescued, but the search for the pilot continues amidst escalating regional hostilities.

In recent days, Iran has persisted in launching missile attacks against Israel and US allies in the Gulf, further heightening tensions. The President had initially extended the deadline to Iran on March 26, allowing a ten-day window for negotiations or action.

The importance of the Strait of Hormuz cannot be overstated, as it is a critical passageway for 20% of the world’s oil shipments. However, commercial traffic through the strait has significantly decreased due to repeated attacks on oil tankers and Iran’s threats against US and Israeli vessels.

He had previously announced the extension and 10-day deadline on March 26. Commercial traffic through the Strait, which handles 20% of the world’s shipped oil supply, has dramatically slowed after oil tankers have been hit multiple times and Iran has threatened US and Israeli carriers.

Trump’s demand that Iran open the Strait came after a second Turkish ship made it through the Strait, the country’s transportation minister Saturday.

“This was possible due to our initiatives and also because these ships were using Iranian ports or were carrying cargo to or from Iran,” Transport Minister Abdulkadir Uraloğlu told CNN Türk. The first Turkish vessel made it through March 13th after receiving permission from Iran.

Iran has been claiming sovereignty over the Strait and demanding tolls – worrying US policymakers who fear the regime could exploit the situation to get new revenue to cling to power.

Traffic through the Strait has dropped 90%, CNBC reported.

A container ship owned by a French company made it through, the Financial Times reported Friday, as have three Oman-linked tankers and a Japanese-owned tanker carrying liquified natural gas. 

A senior leader of the Houthis, an Iran-backed proxy group, has threatened to shut another vital waterway – the Bab el-Mandeb Strait at the southern end of the Red Sea, if any US Gulf allies join the campaign against Iran.

“The option of closing the Bab el-Mandeb Strait is a Yemeni option that can be implemented should the aggression against Iran and Lebanon escalate savagely, or if any Gulf state becomes directly involved in military operations in support of the [Zionist] entity or the United States,” Houthi Deputy Information Minister Mohammed Mansour told AL-Monitor.

You May Also Like

Michigan Pastor Lorenzo Sewell Addresses Religious Tensions at Dearborn City Council Meeting - Internewscast Journal

Michigan Pastor Lorenzo Sewell Addresses Religious Tensions at Dearborn City Council Meeting

A routine town hall meeting in Dearborn, Michigan, turned volatile Tuesday when…
Dramatic Video Shows Civilians in Mass Shooting Simulation - Internewscast Journal

Dramatic Video Shows Civilians in Mass Shooting Simulation

The training exercise quickly took a chaotic turn. A Florida sheriff’s office…
Irish Authorities Seek Extradition in American Mom Jamey Carney’s Murder - Internewscast Journal

Irish Authorities Seek Extradition in American Mom Jamey Carney’s Murder

Irish officials are reportedly moving to secure a warrant aimed at extraditing…
Family Checks Vegas Morgues for Missing New York Grandmother - Internewscast Journal

Family Checks Vegas Morgues for Missing New York Grandmother

The daughter of a New York grandmother who disappeared during a trip…
Court Docs: Driver in Tennessee Crash That Killed 2 College Cyclists Allegedly Never Braked - Internewscast Journal

Court Docs: Driver in Tennessee Crash That Killed 2 College Cyclists Allegedly Never Braked

A Tennessee motorist accused of plowing into a group of college cyclists,…
ER Doctor ID’d as Pilot Killed in PA Police Helicopter Collision - Internewscast Journal

ER Doctor ID’d as Pilot Killed in PA Police Helicopter Collision

The pilot who died Wednesday evening in what officials described as a…
Melania Trump laughs off reports of her disappearance: 'I heard you missed me'

Melania Trump Dismisses Disappearance Rumors With ‘I Heard You Missed Me’

WASHINGTON — First lady Melania Trump cut through days of speculation about…
Lindsay Clancy’s Ex-Husband Quietly Remarries, Starts New Chapter Amid Her Murder Trial - Internewscast Journal

Lindsay Clancy’s Ex-Husband Quietly Remarries, Starts New Chapter Amid Her Murder Trial

If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, call the…
Stress-Free Back-to-School: 10 Essentials Parents Forget - Internewscast Journal

Stress-Free Back-to-School: 10 Essentials Parents Forget

As a participant in multiple affiliate marketing programs, Localish may earn a…
Teens Win $550K After Oregon Park Ride Trapped Them Upside Down - Internewscast Journal

Teens Win $550K After Oregon Park Ride Trapped Them Upside Down

Oregon theme park riders stuck upside down Emergency responders in Oregon rescued…
Marc Jacobs Faces Backlash for Saying He’d Dress ‘Trendsetter’ Luigi Mangione at Murder Trial - Internewscast Journal

Marc Jacobs Faces Backlash for Saying He’d Dress ‘Trendsetter’ Luigi Mangione at Murder Trial

Marc Jacobs is facing backlash after saying he would be willing to…
Judge to Weigh New Trial in Karmelo Anthony Texas Track Killing - Internewscast Journal

Judge to Weigh New Trial in Karmelo Anthony Texas Track Killing

Karmelo Anthony received a 35-year prison sentence after being convicted of fatally…