According to DHHS, 13 of the state’s new cases were linked to the clusters, with 20 new cases identified through routine testing and 31 cases being under investigation.
The outbreaks included:
• Six new cases linked to the outbreak at Stamford Plaza hotel, taking the total to 29. All cases were close contacts tested while in quarantine.
• Two new cases linked to Albanvale Primary School, taking the total to seven. One was a student who was a close contact of the original case and the second was a household contact of a known case.
• A further case linked to the outbreak at the Coles Chilled Distribution Centre in Laverton, taking the total to five.
• Two staff at the StarTrack facility in Tullamarine have tested positive. Both worked while infectious. Cleaning will be undertaken at the site and contact tracing is under way.
• Two cases linked to the Hugo Boss store on Collins Street in Melbourne have tested positive. The new cases include a staff member and a household contact, taking the total to three. The store has closed for a deep clean and contact tracing is under way.
Victoria’s total number of coronavirus cases is 2159 after four cases were reclassified due to duplication.
More to come.