Former Premier League star 'clears possessions and misses second day of training' in bid to force a move - after accusing his club of 'broken promises'
Share this @internewscast.com

Ademola Lookman has reportedly cleared his possessions out of Atalanta’s training ground as he bids to force a move to Serie A rivals Inter Milan.

Lookman has been an integral part of Atalanta since he joined the team in 2022, consistently reaching double digits in league goals over each of his three seasons there.

The Nigerian star is most acclaimed for his pivotal performance in the 2024 Europa League final, where his hat-trick against Bayer Leverkusen secured the club’s first-ever trophy win.

In a recent statement, Lookman revealed that he has submitted a transfer request, citing ‘poor treatment’ from the club and accusing them of ‘months of unfulfilled promises.’

‘There have been numerous clubs approach Atalanta in thepast and I have previously always stayed loyal,’ Lookman said.

‘Nonetheless, the club owners and I have mutually agreed that the current moment is appropriate, and they assured me that if a suitable offer arises, they would permit me to move on.

Ademola Lookman reportedly cleared his belongings and failed to attend training with Atalanta

Ademola Lookman reportedly cleared his belongings and failed to attend training with Atalanta

Lookman was central to the club's 2024 Europa League win but is now pushing to leave

Lookman was central to the club’s 2024 Europa League win but is now pushing to leave

Lookman released a statement confirming his transfer request and accused the club of 'broken promises'

Lookman released a statement confirming his transfer request and accused the club of ‘broken promises’

‘Due to ongoing unkept commitments and what I perceive as unfair treatment both as an athlete and on a personal level, I regrettably feel compelled to voice my concerns. I now officially confirm that I have requested a transfer.’

As reported by Sky Sport, Lookman was absent from training for the second day in a row on Tuesday, even though he was supposed to attend an individual recovery session for his injury.

Lookman’s attempts to force a move come after Atalanta rejected a £39million offer from Inter Milan.

Atalanta chief executive Luca Percassi confirmed that Lookman will be allowed to leave this summer, but stressed he would not be able to join a Serie A rival.

‘It’s a good opportunity to clarify what happened,’ Percassi said at a press conference.  

Last year, after a 20 million offer from PSG, the player had asked us to be sold. 

‘Atalanta, being a credible club, had promised to sell the player this window based on two conditions that he himself had asked of us: First, to go to a super, top European club, and that he would never be seen in Italy wearing a shirt other than Atalanta’s, given what he did for the club and what he received from the club.

Lookman has been the subject of a £39mllion offer from Inter Milan this summer

Lookman has been the subject of a £39mllion offer from Inter Milan this summer

Atalanta have confirmed Lookman can leave but do not want to sell to a Serie A rival

Atalanta have confirmed Lookman can leave but do not want to sell to a Serie A rival

‘Today, as you know, the situation is very different. The club is always careful when evaluating the value and timing of its players, but as always, it is Atalanta, the club, that decides.’

Reports in Italy suggested Lookman and Atalanta could take legal action over the dispute.

Lookman, who is contracted until 2027, could reportedly be fined by the club if he fails to attend training for the third consecutive day. 

In total, Lookman has scored 52 goals in 118 appearances for Atalanta, including netting 20 times in 40 matches last season.

Atalanta finished third last season, behind champions Napoli and Inter Milan, to secure Champions League qualification.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Antony’s £81m Acquisition Questioned: Jadon Sancho’s £75m Transfer Faces Criticism, Cristiano Ronaldo’s Return Divides Fans – Analyzing Manchester United’s Signings Following Club’s Lowest Value Rating

How poorly has Manchester United fared in the transfer market over the…

Inside Ryan Garcia’s Turbulent Year: From Jail Time to a £15M Jake Paul Offer and a Vow to Triumph Over Barrios

Ryan Garcia has opened up about the tumultuous period in his life…

Outrage in Football: Dutch Legend Condemns Bullying of Germany’s Angelo Stiller Over Cleft Lip, Sparks Club Apology

Victor Edvardsen of the Go Ahead Eagles has issued an apology following…

From Church Dribbles to Premier League: Estevao Willian’s Divine Journey to Chelsea Stardom

As Arsenal’s defenders prepare to face Estevao Willian, they might soon notice…

Martin O’Neill Confident Wilfried Nancy Will Remain Unaffected by Celtic’s Off-Field Challenges

Martin O’Neill assures that Wilfried Nancy will have a clean slate as…

FIFA Unveils New Draw Format: Discover England’s Path to the World Cup Final

England approaches the 2026 World Cup with a significant advantage, as FIFA’s…

How Vincent Kompany Transformed Bayern Munich: The ‘Brutal Truth’ Behind His Coaching Success and Harry Kane’s Revival

Vincent Kompany, the esteemed former center half, still occasionally joins the lads…