Share this @internewscast.com

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

Antony will not play a part in Manchester United’s Premier League clash with Brighton and Hove Albion this weekend.

The 23-year-old, who was who signed for United from Ajax in a £85m deal last year, was recently included in the club’s 25-man Premier League squad.

He played 84 minutes in United’s last game before the international break – a 3-1 defeat away to Arsenal.

Mail Sport breaks down why Antony will not be playing for Manchester United this weekend. 

Antony will not play for Manchester United this weekend as he tries to defend himself from allegations he assaulted three women

Antony will not play for Manchester United this weekend as he tries to defend himself from allegations he assaulted three women

Antony will not play for Manchester United this weekend as he tries to defend himself from allegations he assaulted three women

Why is Antony not playing for Manchester United this weekend?

Antony will not play a part of this weekend’s game with Brighton after United and the player mutually agreed an indefinite leave of absence from the club.

The 23-year-old is facing claims of domestic abuse, with police investigations opening in Brazil and the UK, while the winger has denied any wrongdoing.

The assault allegations were made by three separate women. They include DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin, who has claimed the footballer assaulted her four times and bank worker Ingrid Lana who alleges he pushed her against a wall in Manchester in September last year.

He has not been arrested or charged and has promised to ‘come up with the evidence’ to prove the truth. 

He is now expected to stay in Brazil for the time being while he tries to defend himself from allegations he assaulted three women. 

His return date is currently unknown. 

The 23-year-old was recently spotted relaxing by a pool in Sao Paulo as he posed for selfies with fans who recognised him as he enjoyed his downtime.

Man United winger Antony's accuser Ingrid Lana (pictured) has claimed the Brazilian 'could have killed her after accusing him of pushing her into a wall

Man United winger Antony's accuser Ingrid Lana (pictured) has claimed the Brazilian 'could have killed her after accusing him of pushing her into a wall

Antony (pictured) leaked alleged WhatsApp messages and claimed they had a 'consensual' meeting

Antony (pictured) leaked alleged WhatsApp messages and claimed they had a 'consensual' meeting

Antony’s (right) accuser Ingrid Lana (left) has claimed the Brazilian ‘could have killed her after accusing him of pushing her into a wall’

Manchester United winger Antony (left) has been spotted relaxing at a pool in Sao Paulo as he delays his return to the club following a string of sexual abuse allegations (Credit: Instagram)

Manchester United winger Antony (left) has been spotted relaxing at a pool in Sao Paulo as he delays his return to the club following a string of sexual abuse allegations (Credit: Instagram)

Manchester United winger Antony (left) has been spotted relaxing at a pool in Sao Paulo as he delays his return to the club following a string of sexual abuse allegations (Credit: Instagram)

A statement from Anthony read: ‘I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.

‘This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my team-mates and unnecessary controversy for the club.

‘I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.’

What has been said on the allegations?

The footballer insisted in his own TV interview in Brazil last Friday: ‘I know the truth and it will come out.’

He also spoke out against domestic violence and insisted he would never harm a woman.

He said: ‘It’s totally wrong, 100 per cent wrong. I have a mother, a sister, and I would never want this to happen to them.

‘I’m 100 per cent sure I’ve never touched a woman, and I’ll come up with the evidence. People will see the truth. I have never assaulted and I will never assault. I’m sure I’ve never committed physical violence.’

Manchester United said in a club statement on Sunday: ‘Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony.

‘Players who have not participated in international matches are due back in training on Monday. However, it has been agreed with Antony that he will delay his return until further notice in order to address the allegations.

‘As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.’ 

The winger then appeared on Brazilian TV to conduct an interview regarding the allegations

The winger then appeared on Brazilian TV to conduct an interview regarding the allegations

The winger then appeared on Brazilian TV to conduct an interview regarding the allegations 

Cavallin said that she needed stitches to her breast after Antony allegedly injured her

Cavallin said that she needed stitches to her breast after Antony allegedly injured her

Cavallin said that she needed stitches to her breast after Antony allegedly injured her

Manchester United vs Brighton – Key information

Manchester United will go head-to-head with Brighton on Saturday, September 16.

The Premier League clash between the two sides is scheduled to get underway at 3pm.

The two sides last met back in May – with Alexis Mac Allister scoring the only goal of the game for Brighton.

IT’S ALL KICKING OFF! 

It’s All Kicking Off is an exciting new podcast from Mail Sport that promises a different take on Premier League football.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Honoring a Legend: Robin van Persie Celebrates Feyenoord vs Celtic as a Tribute to Mentor Wim Jansen

The epic 1970 European Cup final remains a defining moment for both…

Did a Freak Training Injury Propel John McGinn’s Career to New Heights?

On a recent episode of the Daily Mail’s Whistleblowers podcast, host Gordon…

Calum McClurkin: Racing Industry Must Innovate Beyond Recent Budget Relief

The racing community may have breathed a collective sigh of relief following…

Ben Chilwell’s Triumphant Comeback in France: A Bold Statement to Critics and a Shot at England Glory

Ben Chilwell has set his ambitions on being part of the England…

EFL Player Speaks Out: Defends Actions Leading to Prison Sentence After Protecting Mother in Violent Altercation

An English Football League star has expressed deep remorse, stating that he…

Nicolas Jackson’s Bayern Munich Loan Stumbles: Chelsea Return Imminent Amid Unmet Buy Clause

The likelihood of Bayern Munich activating the purchase clause in Nicolas Jackson’s…

Fulham Stuns Tottenham 2-1: Vicario’s Mistake Prolongs Spurs’ Home Struggles and Increases Pressure on Frank

Among the trio of disappointing outcomes for Tottenham over the past week,…