Megan Thee Stallion took to Instagram on Monday to celebrate a big accomplishment.
The Houston-born rapper, 27, celebrated on Instagram after making history by becoming the first black woman on the cover of Forbes 30 under 30.
It was a big day for the musician, as her court showdown with Tory Lanez, 30, also began on Monday. The Canada native faces a maximum sentence of around 23 years if convicted for allegedly firing a gun at her feet.
Making history! Megan Thee Stallion, 27, made history on Monday after becoming the first black woman on the cover of Forbes 30 under 30
Megan shared her stunning cover to her social media, writing: ‘First BLACK WOMAN on thee cover of @forbes 30 under 30 real hotgirl s***’ and adding, ‘see you soon hotties love yal.’
The star looked beautiful in a striking orange top and had her auburn tresses pulled into a halfway ponytail, with curls cascading down her shoulders.
The glamorous beauty wore a matching shade of dark burgundy eyeshadow and winged eyeliner. She also rocked sexy long acrylic French-tip nails as well as gold hoops.
‘Real hotgirl s***”: Megan shared her stunning cover to her social media, writing: ‘First BLACK WOMAN on thee cover of @forbes 30 under 30 real hotgirl s***’
Meanwhile Lanez was snapped leaving court in Los Angeles on Monday, which marked the beginning of his felony assault trial in connection with allegations he shot at her feet following a party at Kylie Jenner’s house in July of 2020.
Detective Ryan Stogner of the Los Angeles Police Department said in a December 2021 hearing Megan told him that Lanez yelled ‘Dance, b****’ prior to discharging his firearm in the incident, CBS News previously reported.
Megan said she was ‘bleeding profusely’ from her feet and collapsed and crawled to the driveway of a nearby residence, Stogner told the court. Megan said that Lanez, whose full name is Daystar Peterson, ’emphatically apologized for what he did’ and ‘offered her money’ for her silence over the incident, the detective testified.
Showdown: It was a big day for the musician, as her court showdown with Tory Lanez, 27, also began on Monday. He faces a maximum sentence of around 23 years if convicted of allegedly firing a gun at her feet in July of 2020; Pictured leaving court
When Megan and a female friend had been pulled over the in the wake of the incident, the detective said that Megan told law enforcement and medical personnel that her injuries were the result of broken glass and not a gunshot.
The detective told the court that Megan told him she was ‘extremely scared and embarrassed’ and ‘scared [Lanez] was going to get in trouble’ and potentially shot when she admitted that Lanez had shot at her.
Stogner said that after undergoing surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Megan continues to have bullet fragments lodged in her feet and continues to go to physical therapy and have walking issues as result of the shooting.
Injury: Megan took to Instagram with a shot of her foot injury following the shooting
In an Instagram Live clip Megan posted in the wake of the incident, she said, ‘Tory shot me – you shot me and you got your publicist and your people are lying … stop lying.’
That isn’t the only legal case Megan’s got going on at the moment. She also filed a restraining order against both her record label, 1501 Entertainment, and distributor, 300 Entertainment, for trying to interfere with her American Music Awards nomination.
She filed the restraining order claiming 1501 made, ‘threatening and retaliatory’ moves that blocked her from using her music in connection with the AMA’s, which were handed out on Sunday.
She was nominated for Favorite Female Hip-Hop Artist, going up against Cardi B, GloRilla, Latto and Nicki Minaj – with Minaj taking the award home.
Legal matters: Megan also recently filed a restraining order against both her record label, 1501 Entertainment, and distributor, 300 Entertainment, for trying to interfere with her American Music Awards nomination; Pictured 2019
The musician didn’t specify what both her record label and distributor did to try and stop her music from being used on the show.
A Texas judge did grant the restraining order, blocking both the label and distributor from interfering with her music to be used on the show.
This is just the latest in Meg’s legal battles with 1501, with the label claiming they still have the artist under contract though Megan believes she has satisfied the terms of her contract by releasing the 2021 compilation album Something For Thee Hotties.
Megan had sued 1501 in February claiming she had fulfilled the contract, though the label filed a countersuit, claiming the compilation album doesn’t count as a full album.
Battles: This is just the latest in Meg’s legal battles with 1501, with the label claiming they still have the artist under contract though Megan believes she has satisfied the terms of her contract by releasing the 2021 compilation album Something For Thee Hotties; Pictured 2019
The label claims her contract states any new album must have at least 12, ‘new master recordings of studio performances,’ and Something For Thee Hotties doesn’t.
The label also claims they have full approval over all the tracks and they didn’t approve anything in Something For Thee Hotties, which debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200 album charts in late October 2021.
She first signed to 1501 Entertainment back in 2018, though she started the #FreeTheeStallion hashtag in March 2020 to make fans aware of her issues with the record label.
Megan was also set to perform at Festival X in Australia in November, but pulled out just days before her scheduled appearance. Organizers announced via social media on Wednesday that she was no longer on the bill while confirming she won’t be replaced with another artist.
Pulling out: Megan was also set to perform at Festival X in Australia in November, but pulled out just days before her scheduled appearance