Army confirms military parade for Trump's 79th birthday
Share this @internewscast.com

Plans for the parade call for about 6,600 soldiers, 150 vehicles and 50 helicopters to follow a route from Arlington, Virginia, to the National Mall.

WASHINGTON — On Friday, the Army officially announced a military parade to celebrate President Donald Trump’s birthday in June, aligning with the Army’s 250th anniversary celebration.

According to plans initially reported by The Associated Press on Thursday, the parade will feature roughly 6,600 soldiers, 150 vehicles, and 50 helicopters traveling from Arlington, Virginia, to the National Mall. The Army’s original plans for the birthday event did not include such a large-scale parade, which officials estimate will run into the tens of millions of dollars.

However, Trump has expressed a long-standing desire for a military parade, and discussions with the Pentagon regarding the parade as part of the birthday celebration began less than two months ago.

The Army 250th birthday happens to coincide with Trump’s 79th birthday on June 14. In a statement Friday, Army spokesman Steve Warren said the Army’s birthday celebration will include “a spectacular fireworks display, a parade, and a daylong festival on the National Mall.”

The pricey parade comes as Trump and his Department of Government Efficiency, run by Elon Musk, have slashed federal government departments, personnel and programs, with thousands of workers losing their jobs, including civilians in the Defense Department.

In comments to Fox News Digital, White House officials confirmed a commemorative parade would take place and said it would be one of the first events to kick off a yearlong celebration of the nation’s 250th anniversary.

When asked about the parade Thursday, the White House did not respond, and Army officials said no decision had been made. While officials said there has now been a formal decision to proceed with the parade, there is still no specific cost estimate.

Warren said that given the significance of the Army birthday, they are looking at options “to make the celebration even bigger, with more capability demonstrations, additional displays of equipment, and more engagement with the community.”

Army planning documents, obtained this week by the AP and dated April 29 and 30, said the parade will include soldiers from at least 11 corps and divisions nationwide. They said it would involve a Stryker battalion with two companies of Stryker vehicles, a tank battalion and two companies of tanks, an infantry battalion with Bradley vehicles, Paladin artillery vehicles, Howitzers and infantry vehicles.

The plans note that while the parade will begin near the Pentagon, the heavy, tracked vehicles — which would include the Strykers — would be stationed near the Lincoln Memorial and join the procession there, so they will not go over the bridge from Virginia

City officials, including D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser, acknowledged in April that the administration reached out to the city about holding a parade on June 14. At the time, she said that tanks rolling through the city’s streets “would not be good.”

“If military tanks were used, they should be accompanied with many millions of dollars to repair the roads,” she said.

The Army birthday festival has been planned for more than a year and is slated to include displays of Army equipment, military demonstrations, musical performances and a fitness competition on the National Mall.

The late afternoon parade would be followed by a parachute jump by the Golden Knights, a concert and the fireworks. The planning documents also suggest that civilian participants would include historical vehicles and aircraft and two bands, along with people from veterans groups, military colleges and reenactor organizations.

According to the plans, the parade would be classified as a national special security event, and that request has been submitted by the National Park Service and is under review.

During his first term, Trump proposed having a parade after seeing one in France on Bastille Day in 2017. Trump said that after watching the two-hour procession along the famed Champs-Elysees he wanted an even grander one on Pennsylvania Avenue.

That plan was ultimately dumped due to the huge costs — with one estimate of a $92 million price tag — and other logistical issues. Among those were objections from city officials who said including tanks and other heavy armored vehicles would tear up the roads.

Trump said in a social media post in 2018 that he was canceling the event over the costs and accused local politicians of price gouging.

Copyright 2025 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.     

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Jewish students allege they were harassed at Olive & Oak Cafe near DePaul University campus in Lincoln Park, Chicago

Jewish Students Report Harassment at Olive & Oak Cafe Near DePaul University in Chicago’s Lincoln Park

In Chicago, a group of Jewish students claims they faced religious harassment…
Feds launch investigation into California unemployment fraud

Federal Authorities Initiate Probe into Unemployment Fraud in California

The federal government is set to intensify its scrutiny of California officials…
California avalanche that killed 8 is deadliest in state history

Tragic Avalanche Claims Eight Lives in California’s Most Lethal Snow Disaster

The tragic avalanche that occurred near Lake Tahoe, California, this week has…
Randy Fine Will Have Dems Whimpering Again As He Unleashes Bill Protecting Puppies From Radical Islam

Florida’s Randy Fine Introduces Controversial Bill to Shield Puppies from Extremist Threats, Sparking Democratic Backlash

Republican Representative Randy Fine from Florida has introduced a bill titled the…
Can you predict the winners of the 2026 Oscars? | Compete for prizes with the Oscars Pick'em game!

Think You Can Guess the 2026 Oscar Winners? Enter the Oscars Pick’em Challenge for a Chance to Win!

Do you have a knack for predicting Oscar winners? It’s time to…
NYC's iconic accent -- think 'Goodfellas' and 'A Bronx Tale' -- is slowly disappearing from daily lingo, study says

Disappearing Voices: Study Reveals Decline of NYC’s Iconic Accent in Modern Dialect

The iconic New York accent, known for its distinctive charm and recognizable…
Mystery as groundbreaking Caltech genius found gunned down on porch of SoCal home

Tragic Mystery Unfolds: Renowned Caltech Innovator Discovered Fatally Shot Outside Southern California Residence

A prominent astrophysicist from Caltech met a tragic end this week when…
American tourist killed in Thailand as love triangle turns deadly during violent confrontation: police

Tragic Love Triangle in Thailand: American Tourist’s Fatal Encounter Shocks Nation

An American man lost his life in Thailand, caught in what officials…
New Tahoe ski death as student found at Northstar

Tragic Ski Accident Claims Student’s Life at Northstar Resort in Tahoe

In a tragic development at a Lake Tahoe resort, the body of…
President Donald Trump says he doesn't know if aliens are real but directs government to release files on UFOs and more

Trump Orders Release of UFO Files Amid Uncertainty on Alien Existence

WASHINGTON — In response to growing public curiosity, President Donald Trump announced…
Trump rips Nancy Guthrie sheriff for revealing high-tech FBI 'sniffer' searching for her pacemaker

Trump Blasts Sheriff for Unveiling FBI’s High-Tech Search for Nancy Guthrie’s Pacemaker

On Thursday, President Trump criticized the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of…
'Toy Story 5' trailer: Woody, Buzz and Jessie reunite to save toys from tech

Woody, Buzz, and Jessie Back in Action: ‘Toy Story 5’ Trailer Unveils New Adventure Against Tech Threats

Disney and Pixar have unveiled a fresh trailer for their much-anticipated “Toy…