Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Following Pentagon Review, US Adjusts Military Assistance to Ukraine, Excludes Certain Weapons
  • Local news

Following Pentagon Review, US Adjusts Military Assistance to Ukraine, Excludes Certain Weapons

  • 3 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
US won't send some weapons pledged to Ukraine following a Pentagon review of military assistance

Up next

Michael Jordan's former Chicago mansion is listed on Airbnb

Michael Jordan’s old Chicago home is now available for rent on Airbnb

Published on 02 July 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

Following Pentagon Review, US Adjusts Military Assistance to Ukraine, Excludes Certain Weapons

WASHINGTON – Official reports on Tuesday indicate that the U.S. is pausing some weapon shipments to Ukraine, driven by worries over diminishing U.S. stockpiles.

The armaments had been pledged to Ukraine for its ongoing conflict with Russia during the Biden administration, but this halt signals a shift in priorities initiated by President Donald Trump.

White House spokesperson Anna Kelly commented, “This action prioritizes America’s interests after a Department of Defense review of our military aid to countries worldwide.” She assured, “The capability of the U.S. Armed Forces is undoubted — just ask Iran.”

That was a reference to Trump recently ordering U.S. missile strikes against nuclear sites in Iran.

The Pentagon review determined that stocks were too low on some items previously pledged, so pending shipments of some items won’t be sent, according to a U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity to provide information that has not yet been made public.

To date, the U.S. has provided Ukraine more than $66 billion worth of weapons and military assistance since Russia invaded in February 2022.

Over the course of the war, the U.S. has routinely pressed for allies to provide air defense systems to Ukraine. But many are reluctant to give up the high-tech systems, particularly countries in Eastern Europe that also feel threatened by Russia.

The halt of some weapons comes after Russia launched its biggest combined aerial attack against Ukraine over the weekend, Ukrainian officials said, in an escalating bombing campaign that has further dashed hopes for a breakthrough in peace efforts championed by Trump.

The U.S. stoppage was first reported by Politico.

Trump met with Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelenskyy on the sidelines of the NATO summit last week and had left open the possibility of sending Kyiv more U.S.-made Patriot air defense missile systems, acknowledging they would help the Ukrainian cause.

“They do want to have the antimissile missiles, OK, as they call them, the Patriots,” Trump said then. “And we’re going to see if we can make some available. We need them, too. We’re supplying them to Israel, and they’re very effective, 100% effective. Hard to believe how effective. They do want that more than any other thing.”

Those comments reflect a change of thinking about providing weapons to Ukraine across the administration in recent months.

In opening remarks at a Senate defense appropriations subcommittee hearing in June, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said he has moved quickly to quash wasteful programs and redirect funding to Trump’s top objectives.

Hegseth said a negotiated peace between Russia and Ukraine, which has been promoted for months by Trump, makes America look strong, even though Moscow is the aggressor in the conflict. He also said the budget includes hard choices and “reflects the reality that Europe needs to step up more for the defense of its own continent. And President Trump deserves the credit for that.”

The defense secretary said during that testimony that some U.S. security spending for Ukraine is still in the pipeline, but provided no details. Hegseth also acknowledged that funding for Ukraine military assistance — which has been robust for the past two years — would be reduced.

“This administration takes a very different view of that conflict,” Hegseth said. “We believe that a negotiated peaceful settlement is in the best interest of both parties and our nation’s interests.”

Last month, Hegseth skipped a meeting of an international group to coordinate military aid to Ukraine that the U.S. created three years ago. Hegseth’s predecessor, Lloyd Austin, formed the group after Russia attacked Ukraine, and Hegseth’s absence was the first time the U.S. defense secretary wasn’t in attendance.

Under Austin’s leadership, the U.S. served as chair of the group, and he and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff attended monthly meetings, which were both in person and by video. Hegseth had previously stepped away from a leadership role of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group — turning that over to Germany and the United Kingdom — before abandoning the gathering altogether.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Alibaba Profit Plunges 75% as AI Spending Weighs on Quarterly Results - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Alibaba Profit Plunges 75% as AI Spending Weighs on Quarterly Results

HONG KONG – Alibaba posted a steep 75% decline in quarterly profit…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Iranian Families Face Soaring Costs as US Tightens Sanctions - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Iranian Families Face Soaring Costs as US Tightens Sanctions

TEHRAN – Supermarket shelves across Tehran may still look full, but for…
  • Internewscast
  • August 21, 2026
Rain Chances Decrease as the Week Comes to a Close - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Rain Chances Decrease as the Week Comes to a Close

Storms become more scattered Friday afternoon. ORLANDO, Fla. – Central Florida’s rain…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Meghan's Mother Doria Ragland Won't Join Sussexes in Britain - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Meghan’s Mother Doria Ragland Won’t Join Sussexes in Britain

Meghan Markle’s mother, Doria Ragland, is not expected to follow her daughter…
  • Internewscast
  • August 21, 2026
China’s Arctic Push Opens New Door With Russia as US Stakes Rise in Polar Power Race - Internewscast Journal
  • US

China’s Arctic Push Opens New Door With Russia as US Stakes Rise in Polar Power Race

China is probing whether the Arctic can emerge as a major new…
  • Internewscast
  • August 21, 2026
The six years that shook the monarchy: From Oprah to Spare and recollections that varied, how Harry and Meghan's time in California will go down in royal history
  • Royals

How Harry and Meghan’s California Years Shook the Monarchy

Nearly six years after their dramatic departure from frontline royal duties and…
  • Internewscast
  • August 21, 2026
Meghan Markle May Return to Acting If She Comes Back to Britain - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Meghan Markle May Return to Acting If She Comes Back to Britain

The Duchess of Sussex may be poised for a return to acting…
  • Internewscast
  • August 21, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.