Hamas-Israel war: Israel soon will halt or slow aid to parts of Gaza Strip as IDF offensive grows
Share this @internewscast.com

JERUSALEM — Israel is preparing to halt or slow humanitarian aid to parts of northern Gaza as it broadens its military campaign against Hamas, a source revealed on Saturday, following the designation of Gaza City as a combat zone the previous day.

This move is anticipated to draw further disapproval towards the Israeli government, as growing frustration is observed both domestically and internationally regarding the severe conditions facing Palestinians and hostages who remain in Gaza after nearly 23 months of conflict.

The source, who requested anonymity due to restrictions on public communications, informed The Associated Press that Israel plans to cease airdrops over Gaza City soon and reduce the aid truck deliveries, with the intention to relocate hundreds of thousands of residents to the south.

The cessation of daytime fighting halts for aid deliveries took place on Friday, as Israel identified Gaza City as a stronghold for Hamas and claimed a tunnel network was still operational. According to the United Nations and its partners, these pauses, alongside the airdrops and other recent actions, have been insufficient compared to the 600 daily aid trucks required in Gaza.

“We left because the area became unlivable,” stated Fadi Al-Daour, who was displaced from Gaza City, while vehicles packed with people and belongings moved through a devastated landscape. “No one is searching, and there are no journalists to film. There is nothing.”

Remains of another hostage are identified

The office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed that the remains discovered in Gaza, which Israel announced on Friday, belonged to Idan Shtivi. Shtivi had been abducted from the Nova music festival during the Hamas attack on October 7, 2023, which ignited the current conflict.

Forty-eight hostages now remain in Gaza of the over 250 seized. Israel has believed 20 are still alive.

Their loved ones fear the expanding military offensive will put them in even more danger, and they rallied again Saturday to demand a ceasefire deal to bring everyone home.

“Netanyahu, if another living hostage comes back in a bag, it will not only be the hostages and their families who pay the price. You will bear responsibility for premeditated murder,” Zahiro Shahar Mor, nephew of hostage Avraham Munder, said in Tel Aviv.

A ‘massive population movement’ coming

In recent days, Israel’s military has increased strikes on the outskirts of Gaza City, where famine was recently documented and declared by global food security experts.

By Saturday there had been no airdrops for several days across Gaza, a break from almost daily ones. Israel’s army didn’t respond to a request for comment or say how it would provide aid to Palestinians during another major shift in Gaza’s population of over 2 million people.

“Such an evacuation would trigger a massive population movement that no area in the Gaza Strip can absorb, given the widespread destruction of civilian infrastructure and the extreme shortages of food, water, shelter and medical care,” Mirjana Spoljaric, president of the International Committee of the Red Cross, said in a statement.

It’s impossible that a mass evacuation of Gaza City can be done in a safe and dignified way, she said.

Killed while seeking food

AP video footage showed several large explosions across Gaza overnight. Israel’s military Saturday evening said it had struck a key Hamas member in the area of Gaza City, with no details.

An Israeli strike on a bakery in Gaza City’s Nasr neighborhood killed 12 people including six women and three children, the Shifa Hospital director told the AP, and a strike on the Rimal neighborhood killed seven.

Hamas in a statement called the strike on a residential building in Rimal a “brutal escalation against civilians.”

Israeli gunfire killed four people trying to get aid in central Gaza, according to health officials at Al-Awda Hospital, where the bodies were taken.

Gaza’s Health Ministry said another 10 people died as a result of starvation and malnutrition over the past 24 hours, including three children. It said at least 332 Palestinians have died from malnutrition-related causes during the war, including 124 children.

At least 63,371 Palestinians have died in Gaza during the war, said the ministry, which does not say how many are fighters or civilians but says around half have been women and children. The ministry is part of the Hamas-run government and staffed by medical professionals. The U.N. and independent experts consider it the most reliable source on war casualties. Israel disputes its figures but has not provided its own.

___

Shurafa reported from Deir-al-Balah, Gaza Strip.

Copyright © 2025 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Israeli strikes on Hezbollah kill 10 as terror group is reportedly taken over by Tehran

Tehran’s Grip Tightens: Israeli Strikes Decimate Hezbollah Leadership in Deadly Clash

In a series of Israeli airstrikes on Lebanon, at least eight Hezbollah…
Kanye West and Bianca Censori warned to 'dress appropriately' for Malibu mansion court case: Report

Kanye West and Bianca Censori Advised on Dress Code for Upcoming Malibu Court Appearance

In a recent court directive, a judge has subtly reminded Kanye West…
NYC seeks emergency snow shovelers for blizzard, requires IDs not needed to vote

NYC Urgently Hiring Snow Shovelers for Blizzard Cleanup—No Voting ID Required

NYC mayor announces winter storm prep On Saturday, New York City Mayor…
Pittsburgh Pirates legend Bill Mazeroski dies at age 89

Baseball Icon and Pittsburgh Pirates Legend Bill Mazeroski Passes Away at 89

Bill Mazeroski, forever immortalized for delivering the most iconic home run in…
China reportedly developing 'new generation' of nuclear weapons -- and conducted a top secret test this month

China Advances Development of ‘Next-Generation’ Nuclear Weapons with Recent Confidential Test

U.S. intelligence agencies are raising concerns over China’s efforts to develop a…
Pima County sheriff warns in NBC interview DNA tech issues in Nancy Guthrie case may take ‘months’ to resolve

DNA Technology Challenges Stall Progress in Nancy Guthrie Case, Pima County Sheriff Reveals

TUCSON, Ariz. — In the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Nancy…
Asking Eric: Introduction of a child changes dynamic for longtime housemates

Eric’s Dilemma: How a New Child Transforms the Dynamic Between Longtime Housemates

Dear Eric, My 40-year-old daughter has resided for a decade with a…
US military carries out another alleged drug boat strike in eastern Pacific Ocean, killing 3

US Military Conducts Alleged Drug Boat Operation in Eastern Pacific, Resulting in Three Fatalities

WASHINGTON — The U.S. military announced on Friday that it has conducted…
The court says no to Trump: Supreme justices choose the Constitution on tariffs

Supreme Court Upholds Constitution Over Trump in Landmark Tariff Decision

In a decisive move, six U.S. Supreme Court justices have countered Donald…
FBI investigates criminal damage to federal ICE warehouse facility in Arizona

FBI Probes Vandalism at Arizona ICE Facility: What You Need to Know

An early morning incident at a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)…
Ex-American Idol contestant charged in wife's murder previously described as 'very talented' church leader

Former American Idol Contestant and Church Leader Faces Charges in Wife’s Murder

A man from Ohio, once hailed as a “gifted” church leader, now…
Hockey rink shooting suspect warned about going 'BERSERK' in X post day before attack

Expert Insights: Uncovering the Rise in Violence Against Transgender Individuals

Amidst the shock of another mass shooting involving a transgender suspect, Americans…