Major update after Mark Latham's 'distraught' ex-girlfriend arrested

Mark Latham’s former girlfriend was seen smiling when she exited a police station, despite claims from her lawyer that she was distressed following her arrest at Sydney Airport.

Nathalie May Matthews, 37, was taken into custody shortly after her flight from Dubai landed at Sydney at about 7am on Sunday.

Authorities subsequently charged Ms. Matthews with accessing or altering restricted data stored in a computer, as well as intentionally recording and distributing an intimate image without consent.

The internationally-traveling businesswoman spent Sunday night detained at Surry Hills Correctional before appearing in Parramatta Local Court on Monday, where she was released on bail.

Her lawyer Daniel Wakin said outside his client had been left ‘distraught’ following the arrest at Sydney Airport.

Ms Matthews, dressed in an all black ensemble, flashed a smile as she left Surry Hills Police Station with her handbag by her side.

Mr Wakin said Ms Matthews had been given ‘proper treatment’ during the arrest. 

‘She was distraught, of course… coming home to find yourself arrested,’ he said.

Nathalie Matthews smiled as she left Surry Hills Police Station on Monday

Nathalie Matthews smiled as she left Surry Hills Police Station on Monday

Ms Matthews is an international businesswoman and former adult entertainment creator

Ms Matthews is an international businesswoman and former adult entertainment creator

Ms Matthews was granted bail after spending the night in custody

Ms Matthews was granted bail after spending the night in custody

Ms Matthews, who did not enter pleas on any of her three charges, will front court at a later date. 

In July, Ms. Matthews, a 37-year-old entrepreneur who travels between Sydney and Dubai, sought an apprehended violence order (AVO) against Mr. Latham.

Latham, an independent NSW Upper House MP who previously ran for Prime Minister as the Labor leader, and Ms. Matthews had been involved in a tumultuous romantic relationship for approximately two years.

Mr Latham denied allegations he abused Ms Matthews during the relationship and is contesting the AVO.

The matter remains before the courts and is expected to be heard later this year.

In unrelated circumstances, Mr. Latham was escorted out of Royal Randwick on Saturday afternoon, just before the undefeated supermare Autumn Glow secured victory in the Group 1 Epsom Handicap.

Latham has vowed to take legal action after being escorted out of a members-only restaurant at Royal Randwick Racecourse on Saturday afternoon.

The 64-year-old, now a NSW Upper House MLC, was photographed leaving the Grand View Restaurant flanked by two police officers at about 1.45pm, in an image obtained by the Daily Telegraph.

Ms Matthews and Mr Latham had been in relationship for two years

Ms Matthews and Mr Latham had been in relationship for two years

Mr Latham was booted from Royal Randwick on Saturday afternoon

Mr Latham was booted from Royal Randwick on Saturday afternoon

It’s understood management asked Latham to leave before contacting police, citing a ban imposed by the Australian Turf Club (ATC).

Late on Saturday night, Latham launched into a blistering online tirade, branding the ATC’s actions ‘outrageous’ and threatening legal action.

‘Thanks to the loving genius who sent this to me. Unlike those I will be suing for the decisions they took today,’ he wrote on X.

He claimed an ATC director had greeted him warmly earlier in the day, making ‘no mention of any problem whatsoever’ with him being on course.

‘I have never been notified of such, had a hearing or process about my rights as a guest of an ATC member, as I was today,’ he said.

Latham argued he had attended Randwick as a guest of a member with a valid pass and revealed he had visited Rosehill Racecourse, operated by the ATC, just weeks earlier.

‘I was at Rosehill four weeks ago as a guest of a member, not a word said all day,’ Latham wrote.

In another post, Latham slammed the timing of the confrontation.

Latham argued he had attended Randwick as a guest of a member with a valid pass

Latham argued he had attended Randwick as a guest of a member with a valid pass

Ms Matthews was granted bail on Monday morning

Ms Matthews was granted bail on Monday morning

‘The first I heard of a concern was when an ATC staffer came up during the running of a race (sacrilegious) to say ‘there’s a board decision showing that you’re not welcome here’,’ he said.

‘I replied that can’t be true because less than an hour earlier, one of four ATC directors greeted me warmly, asked for my advice and did not say a word about any such decision.’

He claimed the staffer ‘couldn’t produce any document to support his claim,’ so he refused to leave until police arrived. ‘I didn’t leave because the request was BS,’ he wrote.

The ATC confirmed the incident, saying Latham had breached conditions prohibiting suspended members from attending races.

‘We can confirm an incident occurred regarding a former member who had been subject to disciplinary proceedings,’ a spokesman said. ‘He was asked to leave the racecourse.’

Police later confirmed they were called by ATC officials to remove a 64-year-old man from the members’ area.

‘The man complied and there is no further police action,’ a NSW Police spokesperson said.

The drama follows a 12-month good behaviour bond and suspension placed on Latham’s membership earlier this year.

Ms Matthews spent a night in custody in Sydney

Ms Matthews spent a night in custody in Sydney

The ATC recently passed a resolution banning suspended or resigned members from attending race meetings.

Latham resigned his membership in June after accusing the club of ‘lousy customer service, incompetent management and a complete lack of collegiality’ in a fiery post on X.

Latham was asked to attend a Racing NSW disciplinary hearing last month after he allegedly verbally abused a staff member at the Rosehill Racecourse in April.

He is still awaiting the results of the hearing.

You May Also Like

Harry and Meghan Face Soaring Costs to Keep Montecito Mansion

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have to consider selling their Montecito…

Judge Bars Rep. Lauren Boebert’s Son Tyler Boebert From Contacting Ex in Child Exploitation Case

Rep. Lauren Boebert’s son, Tyler Boebert, has been instructed by a Colorado…

LA Mayoral Race Intensifies After Karen Bass Labels Nithya Raman Lazy

The Los Angeles mayoral debate quickly turned combative when Mayor Karen Bass…

Rail chiefs on flood alert as thunderstorms sweep in after heatwaves

Network Rail is bracing for significant disruption on the railway network as…

Iran Protest Survivor Raheleh Amiri Blasts ‘Screaming Mary’ Son’s Bid to Remain in US

An Iranian-born activist who lost an eye after being shot by Iran’s…

What Donald Trump’s Close Friend Told Me About His Young Aide

Anyone still unconvinced that parts of the mainstream press instinctively run defense…

Surrogate Who Refused to Abort Baby Faces New Battle Over Child’s Name

A surrogate who declined to terminate a pregnancy after the baby was…

Sandra Bullock Makes Rare Public Appearance After Reflecting on Partner Bryan Randall’s Death

Sandra Bullock made a rare public appearance on Tuesday, stepping out just…

Second Monster Storm in Two Weeks Prompts US Hurricane Warning

Hawaii is bracing for another potentially dangerous Pacific storm, arriving on the…

America’s Oldest Inmate, Given Last Meal 8 Times, Dies at 101

A Connecticut prisoner believed to have served longer than any inmate in…

Australian Hiker Lily Hooper Found Dead After Family Was Mistakenly Told She Was Alive

An 18-year-old Australian hiker has been found dead more than a week…

Married NY Doctor’s Humiliating Texts to Stripper Mistress

A married New York doctor begged his stripper mistress to show mercy…