'Hillbilly Boxing' club lands 2 behind bars: Cops

Insets, from left: Damien Foster and Nolan Roberts (Dearborn County Prosecutor”s Office). Background: Video of the “Hillbilly Boxing” club in Indiana (Dearborn County Prosecutor’s Office).

Two individuals are now facing misdemeanor charges for allegedly orchestrating a so-called “Hillbilly Boxing” event, where minors participated in cage fights held in a field in Indiana.

Nolan Roberts and Damien Foster are accused of not securing a necessary gaming license. The Dearborn County Prosecutor’s Office reports that police were tipped off last month about an eighth-grade student at East Central Middle School who was involved in these fights in the Sunman area, located in southeastern Indiana.

The Indiana Gaming Commission also received complaints mirroring these allegations. Investigators discovered at least eight YouTube videos showcasing individuals, some under 18, engaging in boxing matches. A 14-year-old eighth grader, interviewed by the police, confirmed his participation in the videos and disclosed that he sustained injuries during the fight.

Detectives pinpointed the field where these bouts were taking place and discovered a metal cage set up on the premises. Prosecutors assert that Roberts and Foster were organizing these boxing events. Legally, they would have needed a license from the Indiana Gaming Commission, which ensures the oversight of event safety.

“The online videos depicting these alleged activities are profoundly troubling,” stated Prosecutor Lynn Deddens. “They reveal young individuals, some seemingly underage, involved in fights, occasionally with adults. Among them was a 14-year-old participant.”

Deddens expressed her dissatisfaction with the fact that only misdemeanor charges could be filed, stating, “This will remain the case until the Indiana Legislature addresses the issue of unlicensed fights involving minors.”

“Until such time, we will use the tools we do have to prosecute individuals involved in events of this nature to the fullest extent allowed by law,” she said.

The suspects have since posted a $5,000 bond. Their next court date is scheduled for Dec. 4.

You May Also Like

Parents Accused of Starving Toddler Found With 80-Degree Body Temperature and Severe Bedsores

Inset, left to right: Stephanie Woods and Cody Mercer (Hamilton County Sheriff’s…

Police: Man Killed Girlfriend After She Returned From Hospital, Spoke With Grandmother

Left: Floyd Long (Mecklenburg County Jail). Right: Shaquina Harris (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department).…

Boy Found Wandering Park at Night Says He’s ‘Alone’ and ‘Scared’ After Mother Abandoned Him, Police Say

Inset: Elena Sexton (Miami-Dade County Corrections & Rehabilitation). Background: Town Center Park…

Orange Park Handyman Arrested, Accused of Watching Woman Through Backyard Windows Near UF Campus

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 49-year-old Orange Park man was arrested…

Homeless Man Arrested After Allegedly Threatening to Kill Boyfriend With Rock

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 71-year-old Gainesville man, Joseph Ryan, was…

Police Say Vaping Dad Showed No Remorse After Infant Daughter Died While Left Alone for 43 Minutes

Inset: Celia Aurora Colby (Larkin Mortuary). Background: Murray Police Department in Utah…

Men Accused of Stabbing Roommate 19 Times After Drinking-Fueled Fight Over Chores and Thermostat

Background: Water Street in Menasha, Wisconsin (Google Maps). Inset, left to right:…