Share this @internewscast.com
In a significant escalation of military efforts, the United States launched extensive airstrikes against ISIS strongholds in Syria, capturing or eliminating 50 members of the terrorist group. This offensive was a direct response to the deaths of two American soldiers, as confirmed by US military representatives on Saturday.
As part of “Operation Hawkeye,” a counteraction to ISIS’s lethal assault on December 13, 2025, over 90 precision-guided bombs were deployed by 20 US aircraft across at least 35 locations. This ambush had claimed the lives of three Americans, including two servicemen, prompting this aggressive military strategy.
From February 3 to February 12, US Central Command reported executing 10 strikes targeting 30 ISIS positions. These operations resulted in the destruction of various weapons depots and critical infrastructure supporting the terrorist group.
Accompanying Saturday’s briefing was declassified footage that vividly depicted the intense impact of the attacks. The videos showcased explosions sending clouds of dust and debris into the air, underscoring the operation’s destructive power.

According to CBS, the mission employed a diverse array of aircraft, including F-15Es, A-10s, AC-130Js, MQ-9 drones, and Jordanian F-16s, highlighting the extensive collaboration and advanced technology utilized in the strikes.
This offensive represents the third wave of retaliatory attacks since the deadly ambush, with the US targeting over 70 ISIS sites in Syria on December 19, shortly after the initial killings.
The Trump admin launched another volley of airstrikes on Jan. 10, 35 targets struck with precision-guided missiles, according to US CENTCOM.
“The strikes today targeted ISIS throughout Syria as part of our ongoing commitment to root out Islamic terrorism against our warfighters, prevent future attacks, and protect American and partner forces in the region,” US Central Command warned in a post on X last month.
“Our message remains strong: if you harm our warfighters, we will find you and kill you anywhere in the world, no matter how hard you try to evade justice,” CentCom concluded.
At least 50 ISIS fighters were captured or killed during Operation Hawkeye, which launched on Dec. 19, 2025.

The operation is part of President Trump’s promise to “retaliate” against ISIS for the terror group’s ambush.
Sgt. Edgar Brian Torres-Tovar and Sgt. William Nathaniel Howard, both with the US National Guard from Iowa, and US civilian interpreter Ayad Mansoor Sakat were gunned by an ISIS terrorist.
“We will never forget, and never relent,” Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said in an X post following military operations on Jan. 10.
The Syrian Defense Ministry said government forces had gained control of a key base in the east of the country that was operated by the US military for years, NBC reported Thursday.
Officials did not announce any casualties associated with the strikes.
With Wires