2 illegal alien 'perverts' allegedly sodomized, beat, ripped fingernails off male victim in NC home invasion
Share this @internewscast.com

EXCLUSIVE: In a shocking development out of North Carolina, two men arrested following a brutal home invasion have been identified as criminal illegal immigrants from Mexico. According to information from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) shared with Fox News Digital on Thursday, these individuals allegedly subjected their male victim to horrific acts, including sodomy, physical assault, and the gruesome removal of his fingernails.

The terrifying incident unfolded last Wednesday in a serene suburb of Greenville. Local authorities from Pitt County reported that at least three men were involved in this overnight attack.

DHS, referring to details from local news outlet Reflector, described the ordeal: “Two dangerous criminals invaded the victim’s home, brandishing a sharp weapon and forcibly restraining him.” Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin further emphasized the severity, stating, “This is a real-life nightmare. The actions of burglarizing, kidnapping, assaulting, and committing such atrocities against an innocent victim are exceptionally cruel and abhorrent.”

The sun rises over Greenville, North Carolina, on July 26, 2022, casting light on the disturbing case involving illegal immigrants Zaid Mayen, 21, and Jonathan David Garcia-Larios, 20. Mayen, a resident of Chapel Hill, and Garcia-Larios, a previously deported homeless man, were apprehended last Friday with the coordinated efforts of the U.S. Marshals and local law enforcement.

split photo of north carolina neighborhood and two mugshots of men

The sun rises over Greenville, North Carolina, on July 26, 2022. Illegal immigrants Zaid Mayen, left, and Jonathan David Garcia-Lario, right, were arrested in a reported home invasion in North Carolina. (DHS/Madeline Gray for The Washington Post/Getty Images/Pitt County Sheriff)

The two undocumented immigrants were identified as 21-year-old Chapel Hill resident Zaid Mayen and 20-year-old Jonathan David Garcia-Larios, a homeless man who was previously deported from the U.S. in 2024. They were arrested last Friday with the assistance of the U.S. Marshals and local law enforcement.

Authorities noted that the suspects entered the U.S. at an unknown date and time.

DHS added that the “two sexual perverts and violent thugs” unleashed a series of horrific attacks despite having no known criminal record in the U.S.

mugshot of shaved man, Zaid Mayen

Second mugshot of Zaid Mayen, who was arrested in a reported home invasion last week in North Carolina. (Pitt County Sheriff)

“Zaid Mayen-Esteban and Jonathan David Garcia-Larios should have never been in this country. Prior to this heinous act, these illegal aliens had no criminal record in the U.S,” McLaughlin said. 

“Under Secretary Noem’s leadership we are not waiting for illegal aliens to commit crimes before we target them for arrest and removal. We pray for the continued recovery of this innocent victim.”

The unnamed victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries and “thankfully survived,” DHS said.

The agency added that federal law enforcement is “protecting American communities every day from another senseless tragedy like this taking place in another town, to another family.”

mugshot of man

Authorities arrested John Carlos Calderon as the third suspect tied to the violent home invasion in North Carolina.  (Pitt County Sheriff)

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) also issued arrest detainers for the two illegal immigrants, instructing local authorities to extend their custody, allowing federal agents to assume control.

The third suspect arrested was identified as 22-year-old John Carlos Calderon, whose immigration status is still under investigation, local authorities said. 

All three suspects face the same first-degree felony charges, including forcible sexual assault, kidnapping, burglary, and the use of a deadly weapon with intent to kill causing serious injury.

Garcia-Larios remains held without bond at the Pitt County Detention Center, while Mayen was booked into the Orange County Detention Center, also without bond.

Calderon, who was arrested Monday, is being held without bond at the Pitt County Detention Center alongside Garcia-Larios.

Federal authorities emphasized that victims of “illegal alien crime” may receive support from the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) Office by contacting 1-855-488-6423.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Hockey rink shooting suspect warned about going 'BERSERK' in X post day before attack

Expert Insights: Uncovering the Rise in Violence Against Transgender Individuals

Amidst the shock of another mass shooting involving a transgender suspect, Americans…
Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K

Colombian Nationals Accused of Operating Phony Law Firm, Impersonating Federal Judges in $100K Migrant Fraud Scheme

Four Colombian nationals have been apprehended, with three of them detained at…
Chicago crime: Family's dog stolen near daycare at Armitage and Clifton avenues in Lincoln Park, owner says

Heartbreaking Theft: Beloved Family Dog Snatched Near Lincoln Park Daycare

A Chicago resident from the North Side is urgently seeking the return…
Danish military evacuates US submariner in need of urgent medical care off Greenland

Dramatic Rescue: Danish Forces Airlift U.S. Submariner for Immediate Medical Aid Near Greenland

In an urgent medical situation off the coast of Greenland, Danish military…
NYC area set to get 2 feet of snow in first dangerous blizzard in a decade — here's when it starts

Brace for Impact: NYC’s First Major Blizzard in a Decade to Dump 2 Feet of Snow – Timing Revealed!

New Yorkers are bracing themselves for an impending severe weather event. For…
Cuban security forces leave Venezuela as US pressure intensifies

Cuban Security Forces Withdraw from Venezuela Amid Escalating U.S. Pressure

In a significant shift, large numbers of Cuban security personnel are making…
The court says no to Trump: Supreme justices choose the Constitution on tariffs

Supreme Court Upholds Constitution Over Trump in Landmark Tariff Decision

In a decisive move, six U.S. Supreme Court justices have countered Donald…
FBI investigates criminal damage to federal ICE warehouse facility in Arizona

FBI Probes Vandalism at Arizona ICE Facility: What You Need to Know

An early morning incident at a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)…
Avalanches in Utah kill 11-year-old girl, father snowmobiling with son in state's first 2 fatalities of season

Tragic Avalanches in Utah Claim Lives of Father and 11-Year-Old Daughter, Marking State’s First Fatalities of the Season

Tragedy struck in Utah this week as two separate avalanches claimed the…
NASA likely to delay Artemis II moon mission launch again due to helium flow problem

Helium Issue May Push NASA’s Artemis II Moon Launch Further Back

NASA has announced that the launch of the Artemis II mission, set…
NYC seeks emergency snow shovelers for blizzard, requires IDs not needed to vote

NYC Urgently Hiring Snow Shovelers for Blizzard Cleanup—No Voting ID Required

NYC mayor announces winter storm prep On Saturday, New York City Mayor…
Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition figure claims

Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions Surge Amidst Ongoing Diplomatic Tensions: Opposition Leader Speaks Out

According to a key figure in the Iranian opposition, Iran is actively…