Trump Blames Vandals for Dead Grass on National Mall After Fourth of July Celebration - Internewscast Journal
Trump Blames Vandals for Dead Grass on National Mall After Fourth of July Celebration

President Donald Trump is pointing to vandals as the cause of large patches of dead grass on the National Mall near the World War II Memorial — the same stretch of lawn that hosted crowds during his Fourth of July celebration.

Trump made the allegation without presenting evidence or detailing why he believes vandalism is responsible. In a post on Truth Social, he shared a photo of the area near the World War II Memorial showing broad sections of brown, damaged turf in a space that had previously appeared green.

“Look what VANDALS did to the grass connecting the vandalized World War II Monument and the vandalized Reflecting Pool, which will be opened again, and better than ever, shortly,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

“Anybody who thinks the Reflecting Pool wasn’t vandalized should go back to Law School!” he added.

The damaged lawn is the same area where Trump had a large stage constructed and where spectators gathered last month for his Independence Day event. Crowds assembled there to hear remarks from the president and watch fireworks marking the nation’s 250th anniversary.

Images from the celebration show a large bandstand and seating sections spread across much of the lawn Trump now says was targeted by vandals. Photos taken in the days that followed showed crews dismantling the temporary structures, with brown and worn grass visible beneath them. The images indicate that event equipment covered much of the affected area, though they do not independently prove the cause of all the turf damage.

Trump has repeatedly attributed damage tied to renovation projects in Washington, D.C., to vandals, often doing so without offering evidence and at times in ways that conflict with accounts from his own officials.

Earlier this month, Trump took aim at U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Jeanine Pirro after her office sought to dismiss a vandalism case. Newly disclosed evidence showed extensive liner damage connected to a flawed installation and a hurried effort to finish the project before Independence Day events, weakening the case against the defendant.

On Friday, an arrest was made in connection with vandalism at the World War II Memorial after the words “Clean hands dirty $” were found painted on the monument and bubbles filled a fountain.

Felony charges in that case are being brought against Melissa Farris, according to Pirro.

Charging documents in that case do not mention the once-grassy area Trump referred to in his new social media post.

Authorities said Farris was previously arrested for camping on federal property a few blocks from the World War II Memorial, but not the spot referenced by Trump.

On Aug. 1, Trump posted a different photo of the same area of dead that appears to show the numbers “86 47,” which federal officials argue is a threat against Trump. The numbers are not visible in the photo Trump shared on Sunday.

Trump cited that image as evidence against Pirro’s conclusion, describing it as “a pure case of VANDALISM, that included the grass.”

“There may have been some contractor difficulty, but the major damage was caused by VANDALS!” he wrote.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Set for Launch From California’s Vandenberg Space Force Base - Internewscast Journal

SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Set for Launch From California’s Vandenberg Space Force Base

SpaceX is preparing to send a Falcon 9 rocket into the night…
Del Mar Calls for Probe of Rob Bonta Over Housing, Donations - Internewscast Journal

Del Mar Calls for Probe of Rob Bonta Over Housing, Donations

A long-running fight over housing in one of Southern California’s most affluent…
Louisiana Husband Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Her Body Across Multiple States before Arrest - Internewscast Journal

Louisiana Husband Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Her Body Across Multiple States before Arrest

A Louisiana man is accused of fatally shooting his wife, placing her…
Chicago Storm Recovery: South Suburbs Seek Aid, Outages Continue - Internewscast Journal

Chicago Storm Recovery: South Suburbs Seek Aid, Outages Continue

CHICAGO () — At least seven people have died in storm-related incidents…
Massive 3.6M-Year-Old Megalodon Tooth Found on Jersey Shore - Internewscast Journal

Massive 3.6M-Year-Old Megalodon Tooth Found on Jersey Shore

Call it a truly toothsome treasure from the deep. A Pennsylvania father…
UC-Berkeley math prof forced to teach fractions because standards have fallen so far

UC Berkeley Math Professor Says Falling Standards Leave Him Teaching Fractions

A prominent University of California, Berkeley mathematics professor is criticizing the school’s…
De la Espriella Urges Trump to Pause Tariffs After Colombia Quake - Internewscast Journal

De la Espriella Urges Trump to Pause Tariffs After Colombia Quake

BOGOTÁ, Colombia — Colombian President Abelardo de la Espriella has appealed to…
Nevada Man Pleads Guilty in Cartel Firearms Buying Scheme - Internewscast Journal

Nevada Man Pleads Guilty in Cartel Firearms Buying Scheme

A Nevada man admitted in federal court Friday that he bought high-powered…
Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens - Internewscast Journal

Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens

Frustrated residents in an upscale Venice Beach neighborhood have turned to an…
NYPD officers fatally shoot man armed with butcher knife after he advanced toward cops: police

NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing on Cops

NYPD officers shot and killed a 54-year-old man Sunday afternoon after authorities…
Historic Vessels Sunk in NYC Basin Face Scrapyard Fate - Internewscast Journal

Historic Vessels Sunk in NYC Basin Face Scrapyard Fate

Two landmark vessels — one of them pictured on Maine’s state quarter…
Dawn of the Dead Actor’s Home Destroyed in Blaze Caught on Video - Internewscast Journal

Dawn of the Dead Actor’s Home Destroyed in Blaze Caught on Video

Tom Savini, the “Dawn of the Dead” star and celebrated horror effects…