Trump Blames Vandals for Dead Grass on National Mall After Fourth of July Celebration - Internewscast Journal
Trump Blames Vandals for Dead Grass on National Mall After Fourth of July Celebration

President Donald Trump is pointing to vandals as the cause of large patches of dead grass on the National Mall near the World War II Memorial — the same stretch of lawn that hosted crowds during his Fourth of July celebration.

Trump made the allegation without presenting evidence or detailing why he believes vandalism is responsible. In a post on Truth Social, he shared a photo of the area near the World War II Memorial showing broad sections of brown, damaged turf in a space that had previously appeared green.

“Look what VANDALS did to the grass connecting the vandalized World War II Monument and the vandalized Reflecting Pool, which will be opened again, and better than ever, shortly,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

“Anybody who thinks the Reflecting Pool wasn’t vandalized should go back to Law School!” he added.

The damaged lawn is the same area where Trump had a large stage constructed and where spectators gathered last month for his Independence Day event. Crowds assembled there to hear remarks from the president and watch fireworks marking the nation’s 250th anniversary.

Images from the celebration show a large bandstand and seating sections spread across much of the lawn Trump now says was targeted by vandals. Photos taken in the days that followed showed crews dismantling the temporary structures, with brown and worn grass visible beneath them. The images indicate that event equipment covered much of the affected area, though they do not independently prove the cause of all the turf damage.

Trump has repeatedly attributed damage tied to renovation projects in Washington, D.C., to vandals, often doing so without offering evidence and at times in ways that conflict with accounts from his own officials.

Earlier this month, Trump took aim at U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Jeanine Pirro after her office sought to dismiss a vandalism case. Newly disclosed evidence showed extensive liner damage connected to a flawed installation and a hurried effort to finish the project before Independence Day events, weakening the case against the defendant.

On Friday, an arrest was made in connection with vandalism at the World War II Memorial after the words “Clean hands dirty $” were found painted on the monument and bubbles filled a fountain.

Felony charges in that case are being brought against Melissa Farris, according to Pirro.

Charging documents in that case do not mention the once-grassy area Trump referred to in his new social media post.

Authorities said Farris was previously arrested for camping on federal property a few blocks from the World War II Memorial, but not the spot referenced by Trump.

On Aug. 1, Trump posted a different photo of the same area of dead that appears to show the numbers “86 47,” which federal officials argue is a threat against Trump. The numbers are not visible in the photo Trump shared on Sunday.

Trump cited that image as evidence against Pirro’s conclusion, describing it as “a pure case of VANDALISM, that included the grass.”

“There may have been some contractor difficulty, but the major damage was caused by VANDALS!” he wrote.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Florida Man Accused of Stuffing Stepfather's Remains in Suitcases - Internewscast Journal

Florida Man Accused of Stuffing Stepfather’s Remains in Suitcases

A Florida probationer is facing a first-degree murder charge after authorities say…
Florida Man Accused of Throwing Dog Feces at Neighbor, Threatening Him With Child’s Scooter: Police - Internewscast Journal

Florida Man Accused of Throwing Dog Feces at Neighbor, Threatening Him With Child’s Scooter: Police

A messy neighborhood dispute in Florida appears to have gone far beyond…
NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing at Cops - Internewscast Journal

NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing at Cops

New York City police officers shot and killed a 54-year-old man Sunday…
Pregnant Woman’s 2 Warning Signs Before a Life-Threatening Crisis - Internewscast Journal

Pregnant Woman’s 2 Warning Signs Before a Life-Threatening Crisis

Candice Davis had every reason to believe her first pregnancy was going…
Lexington, KY Park Shooting at Live Show Kills 1, Injures 4 - Internewscast Journal

Lexington, KY Park Shooting at Live Show Kills 1, Injures 4

One person was fatally shot and four others were wounded Saturday during…
Better Home & Finance CEO Vishal Garg, Known for 900-Person Zoom Layoff, Seeks Return to Top Job - Internewscast Journal

Better Home & Finance CEO Vishal Garg, Known for 900-Person Zoom Layoff, Seeks Return to Top Job

Vishal Garg says he feels betrayed. “He hoodwinked me,” the recently removed…
Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens - Internewscast Journal

Venice Residents Hire Former MS-13 Members as Homeless Crisis Deepens

Frustrated residents in an upscale Venice Beach neighborhood have turned to an…
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear Says Mitch McConnell Still Has Not Responded to Him - Internewscast Journal

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear Says Mitch McConnell Still Has Not Responded to Him

Washington — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Sunday that Sen. Mitch McConnell…
Nevada Man Pleads Guilty in Cartel Firearms Buying Scheme - Internewscast Journal

Nevada Man Pleads Guilty in Cartel Firearms Buying Scheme

A Nevada man admitted in federal court Friday that he bought high-powered…
JEA CEO Investigation Cites Dismissive Behavior Pattern Despite Positive Employee Survey - Internewscast Journal

JEA CEO Investigation Cites Dismissive Behavior Pattern Despite Positive Employee Survey

The JEA Board of Directors convened a special meeting to review findings…
Iran calls on Houthis to prepare to cut off Red Sea gateway — can the terror group do it?

Houthi Attacks Turn Bab el-Mandeb Into Next Hormuz Flashpoint

A surge in attacks by Iran-backed Houthi fighters on vessels transiting the…
Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers - Internewscast Journal

Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers

A federal judge has allowed border wall construction in Arizona to move…