Harry and Meghan Considering Private ‘Royals-Plus’ Agreement, Source Says - Internewscast Journal
Harry and Meghan Considering Private ‘Royals-Plus’ Agreement, Source Says

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to seek a blended private-and-royal role if they return to the UK, according to claims.

A source has suggested the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would aim to establish a new, mutually workable arrangement with the Royal Family, described as a form of “private royals-plus”.

However, key details remain unclear, including how long the couple would stay in Britain and where they might settle next if they chose to move on.

Their time in the UK could last anywhere from six months to a year before the “international couple” potentially considers another base, such as Australia or Canada, the source said.

For the moment, though, the priority is said to be reshaping both family ties and public relations as they navigate a possible return to royal life.

Since relocating to Montecito, California, Harry and Meghan have been able to build and commercialise their brand with far greater freedom, away from the strict protocols and constant scrutiny of the royal household. A move closer to the UK would require a significant adjustment, placing them nearer to both family expectations and the wider influence of the monarchy.

Prince Harry and Meghan will be looking to have a hybrid relationship with the royal family - part royal and part private - following their bombshell move back to the UK

Prince Harry and Meghan are said to be seeking a hybrid relationship with the Royal Family — part royal, part private — after their dramatic move back to the UK

William and Harry have not spoken to each other since the Queen's funeral in 2022, but commentators believe Harry's move back is a 'good thing' for the royal family

William and Harry have not spoken since the Queen’s funeral in 2022, though commentators believe Harry’s return could ultimately be a “good thing” for the Royal Family

The royal source told the Sunday Times: ‘They’ll also be watched like hawks for anything that looks like they’re trying to monetise their brand.’

‘The feeling has always been they can do that in Montecito, but not here. If they come over and do the Montecito playbook – doing deals and making money – in the Cotswolds… that’s not going to go down well.’

But while they may need to put on airs while back in the King’s territory, the source believes they’ll be vying for a paradigm shift on the royal’s side too.

In their best-case scenario, they could remain a private couple while also making public appearances alongside serving royals once they return to the fold.

‘It needs all sides to agree a template for “private royals plus”. It needs them to be much more “private” than “working”, and be seen at family occasions, like Christmas at Sandringham.

‘That requires William and Catherine to say ‘yes please’ and how on earth does that happen? Just saying it out loud sounds implausible.’

William and Harry have not been on speaking terms since the Queen’s funeral in September 2022.

But Harry did tell the BBC last year that he wanted to change that, saying ‘There’s no point in continuing to fight any more.’

While Andrew Morton, Diana’s biographer, told Times Radio that William had been ‘deeply, deeply hurt’ by what Harry had said and written about him in his tell-all book Spare, he added that Harry’s return was ‘probably a good thing’ for the royal family.

It gives a chance for his children, Lilibet, five, and Archie, seven, to get to know their grandfather as the King and ‘future proofs’ their status within the royal family, the source continued.

But it is a thin line they must walk before they are brought back into the fold once again.

If they manage to achieve this ‘private royals-plus’ position, they will receive the best of both worlds – a place among the royals but the freedom of being a private family.

This ‘private’ status is what gives them the freedom to move away again if they please. 

The source said they may only stay in the UK for six months to a year and could decide to up sticks once more and move to Canada or Australia - where they are pictured here during their visit to Sydney in April

The source said they may only stay in the UK for six months to a year and could decide to up sticks once more and move to Canada or Australia – where they are pictured here during their visit to Sydney in April

The source said that while they did not expect their stay in the UK to be forever, it would be ‘an extended period of time’, but admitted that he didn’t think the couple had even worked it out themselves.

With this in mind, the insider added: ‘They might suddenly go: ‘Why don’t we try Canada for a while? Why don’t we try Australia?’ It’s one of the great things about being private individuals [that they can live where they choose].’

But in the meantime, the children are due to start school next month – Lilibet in year 1 of pre-prep and Archie in the first year of the preparatory school.

It was this fact which was instrumental in the somewhat surprisingly short notice of their return, the source added, as they had to wait until the school confirmed their children’s places before they could move.

Harry is said to want Archie to learn to play rugby and cricket, and wants to watch more rugby games himself – something he missed in the US.

With the children’s school places, the potential for Meghan to land a role in Guy Ritchie’s hit Netflix show The Gentlemen and Harry’s opportunity to cosy back up to his family and the Spencers, it seemed like the perfect time to make the move back across the pond.

But Meghan’s opening disintegrated before she could make her comeback to acting, with Ritchie withdrawing the role due to massive backlash.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Scott Wiener’s Women Allies Reject Pelosi’s Sexist Chatbot Claims

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi sharply criticized a campaign chatbot this month,…

Strait of Hormuz Traffic Surges Nearly 400%, Data Shows

Iran’s influence over the Strait of Hormuz appears to be weakening as…

New Immigration Data Reveals Scale of Overseas Arrivals

Melbourne’s post-pandemic population boom has been driven overwhelmingly by overseas migration, with…

Karoline Leavitt Reveals Her Next Big MAGA World Role

Karoline Leavitt has confirmed she is moving into a new role with…

Ariana Grande’s London Tour Payday: How the Pop Star Is Cashing In Before Her Break

Framed by the eerie set of a decaying house, Ariana Grande’s famed…

How a $1bn Narco Fugitive Lived Like a King in Sierra Leone

Set along Sierra Leone’s Tokeh Beach, the palm-lined Two Seasons resort promises…

Nevada Wildfires Scorch 10,000 Acres as Emergency Declared

Thousands of residents were urged to evacuate immediately as the massive Hawk…

Faces of Five Men Killed in TikTok Joyride Police Crash

The five young men who died when a car being driven the…

YouTube Golf Stars Apologize After Backlash Over Tone-Deaf Ad

YouTube golf group Good Good has apologized and removed a new Callaway…

Biden-Appointed Judge Blocks Trump Visa Freeze Affecting 75 Countries

A federal judge in New York has struck down a Trump administration…

M9 Joyrider’s Mother Reveals Desperate Plea She Made to Judge

The devastated mother of Limerick teenager Kamil Pustkowski, who died in last…

Royal Family Shows Unity at Church Before Prince Harry’s Return

The Royal Family appeared to present a united front this morning following…