Share this @internewscast.com
President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer has confirmed proceedings have begun to sue over alleged “fraudulent ballots”, claiming people will be “shocked” by the findings.

Rudy Giuliani tweeted that the Trump campaign has “sued to invalidate hundreds of thousands of fraudulent ballots in the Western District of Michigan”.

“First PA (Pennsylvania), the Michigan will go to Trump,” he tweeted.

“Affidavits will be published tomorrow. You will be shocked.”

The update comes as Mr Trump implied he would continue contesting election results for at least another week, forestalling for days the required steps to transition government to President-elect Joe Biden and signalling to his administration that any moves toward a hand-off are on hold.

Mr Trump’s refusal to concede has prompted senior officials across the government to spread word that any cooperation with Mr Biden’s team is forbidden, officials at agencies and the White House said.

Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, a lawyer for President Donald Trump, pauses as he speaks during a news conference on legal challenges to vote counting in Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

The nation’s top diplomat, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, refused to accept Mr Biden’s victory as President-elect during remarks at the State Department.

Instead, he said there would be “a smooth transition to a second Trump administration.”

The White House, while offering little formal or explicit guidance, has nonetheless made known throughout the federal government that no steps should be taken that would imply Mr Trump lost the election, according to people familiar with the matter.

“The world should have every confidence that the transition necessary to make sure that the State Department is functional today, successful today and successful with a president who’s in office on January 20 a minute after noon will also be successful,” Mr Pompeo said at a briefing.

President Donald Trump speaks at the White House in the days after the 2020 US Election.
President Donald Trump has signalled he is not ready to hand over power to Joe Biden or start any transition. (AP)

The reluctance to begin the formal transition process has prompted increasing concern among Mr Biden’s team, who are mulling legal steps to force the process that would allow them access to federal money and information.

At issue is the official step of “ascertainment,” a formal determination by the General Services Administration that Mr Biden won the election. That would unfreeze more than $6 million (A$8 million) in funding and allow agencies across the federal government – including those responsible for providing highly classified briefings – to begin working with Mr Biden’s teams.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said there would be “a smooth transition to a second Trump administration” (AP)

Senior officials at federal agencies have determined their transition plans cannot proceed until that step is taken, according to people familiar with the matter. That means the thick briefing binders prepared by officials before the election are sitting unopened and office space reserved for Mr Biden’s incoming team is dark and vacant while Mr Trump continues to insist his loss isn’t real.

“WE ARE MAKING BIG PROGRESS. RESULTS START TO COME IN NEXT WEEK. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday.

Mr Trump has made no mention of the steps underway by Mr Biden’s team to launch a transition even as he contests the election results and had been only vaguely aware of the work his administration was doing in preparing for a transition over the past several months, though did have to formally sign off, officials said.

Landscapers work on replacing the lawn of the White House. Donald Trump’s staff have yet to start working on a transition plan. (AP)

While he did not put up any roadblocks in the planning stages, he was not involved and provided little or no direction.

But privately Mr Trump has taken notice of Mr Biden’s enhanced schedule of presidential-style briefings and speeches, which contrast sharply with his own mostly vacant daily agendas.

Supporters of US President-elect Joe Biden and his running mate Vice President-elect Kamala Harris pose for selfies near the security fence on the north side of the White House

Large crowds gather outside White House

Mr Trump made a last-minute appearance in briefing room last Thursday but has otherwise not held an official event in a week.

Source: 9News

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Top Aide to Zelensky Resigns Following Home Investigation

In a significant development, Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, has…

Sam’s Club Customer Causes Uproar by Purchasing Entire Stock of Roast Chicken

Chaos erupted at a Sam’s Club on the eve of Thanksgiving when…

New Image Unveils Harrowing Details of National Guard ‘Terror Attack

An intense photograph captured the critical moments as law enforcement officers raced…

Kathryn Knight Probes the Disappearance of £12 Million in Royal Funds Amid Giuffre Legal Dispute

This week, the Western Australia Supreme Court’s hearing schedule featured an entry…

Trump Sparks Controversy with Offensive Remarks Against Tim Walz and Ilhan Omar

In a fiery late-night post on Thanksgiving, Donald Trump unleashed a barrage…

Melania Trump Unveils Exciting New Movie Project and Business Venture in Exclusive Teaser

In a bold move that caught both Hollywood and Washington off guard,…

Trump Takes Bold Action: Revokes All Biden Autopen Executive Orders – What This Means for America

In a dramatic twist, Donald Trump has nullified all executive orders signed…

Backstreet Boy Battles Sunbathers Over Exclusive Beach Access: A Celebrity Showdown

A member of the iconic Backstreet Boys, Brian Littrell, is embroiled in…

Outrage Erupts as Migrant Released by Agencies Sparks Devastating Crash: Sheriff Speaks Out

An Ohio sheriff took to social media to express his frustration with…

Former WWE Icon Stuns at 65: Unveiling Her Timeless Transformation

In the late 1990s, Debra Marshall emerged as one of WWE’s most…

Black Friday Trends Signal Potential Challenges for the US Economy

Long gone are the days when Black Friday meant wrestling over 65-inch…

Trump Unveils Strategic $300 Billion Proposal Affecting US and Ukraine War Dynamics

In a bid to resolve the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, Donald Trump…