Share this @internewscast.com
Timothy Busfield, renowned actor and director, has entered a plea of not guilty to charges of child sexual contact, following allegations involving two young actors. The charges have stirred significant attention as Busfield faces serious accusations.
On February 10, Busfield officially pleaded not guilty after a grand jury in Bernalillo County, Arizona, indicted him on February 6. He is charged with four felony counts of criminal sexual contact of a minor, as reported by People magazine. These charges are grave, and the legal proceedings are being closely followed by the public.
In a recent development, Judge Joseph Montano approved Busfield’s request on February 11 to waive his arraignment and court appearances for all pretrial proceedings. This decision allows his legal team to represent him in upcoming court matters without his direct presence, streamlining the pretrial process.
A scheduling conference is set for March 10 at 8:30 a.m., where Busfield’s attorneys are expected to attend. This meeting will likely outline the next steps in what promises to be a closely watched case.
The alleged incidents reportedly occurred on the set of “The Cleaning Lady” between 2022 and 2024, according to a criminal complaint. The case emerged when one of the twin brothers involved informed investigators that Busfield had inappropriately touched his “private areas” on multiple occasions, beginning when he was seven and continuing when he was eight, as detailed in a warrant. These allegations have cast a shadow on the production and raised significant concerns within the industry.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, the alleged incidents reportedly happened to twin brothers on the set of “The Cleaning Lady,” between 2022 and 2024, a criminal complaint stated.
One of the children told investigators that Busfield touched his “private areas” on numerous occasions when he was seven years old, and touched him inappropriately again, several times, when he turned eight, a warrant stated.
Previous Video Coverage
In October 2025, the children’s mother filed a police report. She told Child Protective Services (CPS) that the siblings “both disclosed that there was sexual abuse by Timothy from around November 2022 to Spring 2024,” according to the warrant.
A criminal complaint, however, indicated that during questioning with Albuquerque police in November, Busfield admitted that it was “highly likely” that he would have touched the children on that particular set, as it was a “playful environment.”
Check back for updates.
[Feature Photo: Timothy Busfield/Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office]