A Kansas woman is facing charges after she allegedly planned with and supported ISIS in carrying out violent attacks.

According to the U.S. Justice Department, Allison Fluke-Ekren, 42, was charged in May 2019 with giving material support to ISIS and conspiring to give the terrorist organization material support. She was arrested in Syria and taken to the Eastern District of Virginia on Friday.

ABC News reports that Fluke-Ekren moved to Syria in 2012. She married an ISIS leader and reportedly “rose up the ranks to command her own battalion.”

“Fluke-Ekren’s main objective in this role was to teach the women of ISIS how to defend themselves against ISIS’ enemies,” court documents read.

According to the criminal complaint, Fluke-Ekren and her husband allegedly brought $15,000 in cash with them to Syria, where they purchased military supplies, firearms, and grenades. Prosecutors added that Fluke-Ekren has been involved with numerous ISIS activities since 2014.

Between 2014 to 2017, Fluke-Ekren allegedly helped recruit operatives and for a possible attack on a college in the U.S., court documents read. She’s also accused of presenting the college attack herself after Syrian children were killed by airstrikes that she blamed on the U.S.

The plan never materialized after Fluke-Ekren became pregnant, according to court documents.

Further, the criminal complaint says Fluke-Ekren was not only the leader of the Nusaybah Battalion, but also trained women and children how to use grenades, suicide belts, and AK-47 assault rifles. She also allegedly gave shelter to ISIS recruits and taught young children “extreme doctrine.”

A family member reportedly told investigators that the suspect, who allegedly also wanted to bomb a U.S. shopping mall, thought anything less than a large number of deaths would be a waste.

“To conduct the attack, Fluke-Ekren allegedly explained that she could go to a shopping mall in the United States, park a vehicle full of explosives in the basement or parking garage level of the structure, and detonate the explosives in the vehicle with a cell phone triggering device,” the Justice Department wrote.

“Fluke-Ekren allegedly considered any attack that did not kill a large number of individuals to be a waste of resources.”

If convicted, Fluke-Ekren faces up to 20 years in prison. A federal district court judge will choose the sentencing after “taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.”

Check back for updates.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.

Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.

[Feature Photo Via Alexandria Sheriff’s Office]

Source: This post first appeared on

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Dad Refused 911 After Allegedly Pinching Baby’s Nose: Cops

Celia Colby (Larkin Funeral Home). A Utah father has been accused in…

Court Rejects Trump DOJ Tactics to Save Unlawfully Appointed Prosecutor

Left: Sigal Chattah, left, attorney for Guard the Constitution Project founder Shawn…

Hawthorne Police Arrest Probationer in Stolen Car Case

Staff report HAWTHORNE, Fla. – A 37-year-old man with a recent probation…

Man Killed Ex’s Siblings, Partners as They Slept: DA

Clockwise from top left: Janvi Maquindang, Christine Aca-ac, Matthew Montebello, and Edwin…

Gainesville Man Arrested After Prison Release in Relative Attack

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 54-year-old man who had been released…

Boy on Push Scooter Hit by Pickup and Left on Burning Asphalt as Mom Heard Screams, Family Says

Left inset: Ethan Turner (KSAZ/YouTube). Right inset: Glenn Noordhof (Pinal County Sheriff’s…

Police: Husband Drove Across Several States With Dead Wife Propped in Passenger Seat Before Traffic Stop

Left inset: Tyronne Brazille (Shelby County Sheriff’s Office). Right inset: Lanessa Bradford…