The 15-year-old high school sophomore accused of fatally shooting four of his classmates and injuring several more people has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges.

As the Detroit Free Press reports, Ethan Crumbley appeared virtually for his second arraignment Wednesday during which his attorney entered not guilty plea on his behalf. Crumbley is the suspected gunman in a November 30 massacre at Oxford High School in Oxford, Michigan.

Crumbley is being held without bail in the Oakland County Jail and will be tried as an adult.

As Fox 2 reports, a number of pending issues surrounding Crumbley’s incarceration and trial remain unaddressed after Wednesday’s brief hearing. According to that report, at attorney for Crumbley said last week that the teen could at some point enter a guilty plea in anticipation of a possible plea agreement.

“I do think there’s a possibility (of a plea),” Paulette Michal Loftin told Fox 2 last week. “It is too early. We haven’t reviewed all of the discovery yet; there is still some forthcoming. I think it’s too early to jump to that phase, but that is a definite possibility.”

According to the Fox 2 report, another hearing has been scheduled for January 19. It is not know at this time whether this will be an in-person hearing or remain virtual due to the covid pandemic.

For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast. Listen to the latest episode:

Post source: Crime Online

Source: This post first appeared on

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Ex-Overstock CEO Defies Judge on LindellTV, Lawyers Notice

Patrick Byrne appears on Emerald Robinson’s LindellTV show in July 2026 (court…

Driver Hits Child After Ignoring School Bus Stop Arm, Police Say

Inset: Ashley Parsons (Scott County Detention Center). Background: The black SUV authorities…

Gainesville Man Arrested in Window Entry Cash Theft Case

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Moses Emanuel Bryant II, 39, was taken…

Woman Avoids Jail After Walmart Parking Lot Attack and Slipping Handcuffs During Arrest

Inset: Allie Barrentine (Bay County Jail). Background: A Walmart Supercenter in Panama…

Authorities Say Couple Left 3 Kids in Filthy Black Mold-Filled Home, Admitted It Was Bad and Refused Police Entry

Inset, left to right: Timothy MacDonald and Lana MacDonald (Pike County Detention…

Woman Accused of Orchestrating Attack on Sleeping Man, Then Taunting Him After Collapsed Lung Injury

Inset: Robin N. Jackson (Delaware County Jail). Background: The Indiana neighborhood where…