Share this @internewscast.com
Drone incursions that briefly shut two of Denmark’s airports and affected military installations were hybrid attacks intended to spread fear, authorities say, but they do not know who was behind them.
The incidents are just the latest in a series of drone incursions — including two days ago in Denmark — in the past few weeks that have exposed the vulnerability of European airspace and the challenges governments face in countering them.
Danish authorities on Thursday said they decided not to take down any of the drones in its airspace for safety reasons, despite the disruption caused to air traffic.
Billund airport, Denmark’s second biggest, was closed for an hour, and Aalborg airport, used for commercial and military flights, was closed for three hours due to the drone incursions late on Wednesday, Danish police said.
Both had reopened on Thursday morning.
Drones were also observed overnight near airports in Esbjerg and Sonderborg, as well as Skrydstrup air base, home to some of Denmark’s F-16 and F-35 fighter jets, and over a military facility in Holstebro, police told Reuters.

All affected locations are on the Jutland peninsula in western Denmark.

‘It looks systematic’: Danish defence minister

“It certainly does not look like a coincidence. It looks systematic. This is what I would define as a hybrid attack,” Danish defence minister Troels Lund Poulsen told reporters, adding that the country was facing no direct military threat.
A middle-aged man wearing glasses and a suit speaks at a press conference.

Danish defence minister Troels Lund Poulsen described the drone incursion as a “hybrid attack”. Source: EPA / Emil Helms

Local resident Morten Skov said he saw green blinking lights coming from west of Aalborg airport, which “stood still right over” the facility.

In a video shared by Skov, light is seen moving away from the airport towards the west.
Danish national police said the drones had followed a similar pattern to those that halted flights at Copenhagen airport late on Monday and early Tuesday.

Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen described the incident at Copenhagen airport as the most serious “attack” yet on Denmark’s critical infrastructure and linked it to a series of suspected Russian drone incursions and other disruptions across Europe, without giving evidence.

Russia denies involvement

Russia’s ambassador to Denmark, Vladimir Barbin, denied any involvement by his country in the Copenhagen incident.
Russia has not commented on the latest drone incidents over Jutland.
Poulsen said the government had not yet decided whether it would request consultations under NATO’s Article 4.

Under that article of the military alliance’s founding treaty, members can bring any issue of concern, especially related to security, for discussion, allowing more time to determine what steps to take.

Poland invoked Article 4 earlier in September after downing the drones over its territory, in what Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said was a “large-scale provocation” by Russia.
Moscow said it had not planned to hit any targets in Poland while conducting drone attacks on nearby western Ukraine.
The latest drone incursions in Denmark come just a week after Copenhagen said it would acquire long-range precision weapons to counter the threat posed to Europe by Russia, in what Frederiksen said was a “paradigm shift in Danish defence policy”.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…
President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela greets his supporters during a rally to commemorate Indigenous Resistance Day on October 12, 2025 in Caracas, Venezuela.

Trump Urges Caution: Advises Treating Venezuelan Airspace as Off-Limits

President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the airspace “above and surrounding”…

Olympia’s Maggot Farms in Australia Tackle $36 Billion Global Challenge

With food waste driving a measurable share of Australia’s emissions, efforts to…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…
The train station art was labelled 'AI slop'

Sydney Train Station Takes Down Controversial ‘AI Slop’ Mural Following Public Outcry

A mural at Sydney’s Redfern train station has been taken down after…
Hero Uber driver stops job to race into burning house

Brave Uber Driver Halts Ride to Courageously Rescue Residents from Burning Home

An Uber driver unexpectedly halted a passenger’s trip to dash into a…

Nationwide Passport System Glitch Strands Thousands: What Travelers Need to Know Now

Travellers going through Australian airports were temporarily delayed on Sunday after a…