Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
Share this @internewscast.com

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been taken into custody under suspicion of misconduct in public office.

This morning, police officers arrived at the residence of King Charles III’s brother, located at Sandringham.

According to a report by the UK Telegraph, a convoy of six unmarked police vehicles and roughly eight officers in plain clothes descended upon Wood Farm shortly after 8 a.m. (7 p.m. AEDT).

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. (AP)

The arrest coincides with the 66th birthday of the former prince, who recently relocated to the King’s private estate. This move came after he was compelled to vacate his long-held residence on crown-owned land near Windsor Castle sooner than anticipated.

In an official statement, Thames Valley Police confirmed the charges but did not disclose Mountbatten-Windsor’s name. Nonetheless, British media outlets, including the BBC, have identified the former prince as the individual arrested.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright stated, “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.”

“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.

“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

Multiple forces probe alleged crimes

British police forces confirmed this week they were working together to assess potential alleged crimes revealed in documents from the US Justice Department’s investigation into convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, including allegations of wrongdoing by Mountbatten-Windsor, which he has denied.

The National Police Chiefs’ Council, which brings together police leaders from across the UK, said yesterday that it had set up a national coordination group to support forces looking into issues arising from the more than 3 million pages of documents released late last month.

Six unmarked police cars and about eight plain-clothed officers arrived at Wood Farm just after 8am (7pm AEDT). (Getty)

“It may take some time due to the volume of material and the complexity of international jurisdictions, but policing and its law enforcement partners are taking this matter extremely seriously, and will assess all information thoroughly,” the council said in a statement.

While the council didn’t specify the police forces involved in the effort, at least eight have said they are “assessing” information in the files. They are looking into issues ranging from concerns that Epstein’s private jet may have been used in sex trafficking to allegations that the former prince sent confidential reports to the financier when he was Britain’s international trade envoy.

Police in Surrey, the county south of London, on Wednesday said the documents contained allegations of sex trafficking in the village of Virginia Water between 1994 and 1996. The force didn’t provide any details about the alleged perpetrators or victims.

The force encouraged anyone with information about the alleged crimes to contact police.

“Where relevant, and via the national coordination group, we will engage with law enforcement agencies to obtain access to further information which may support our enquiries,” Surrey Police said in a statement.

Another force, Essex Police, said on Tuesday it was assessing information about private flights to and from Stansted Airport following information in the latest document dump.

The Epstein scandal has rocked the royal family and British politics in recent months because of his links to Mountbatten-Windsor, and Peter Mandelson, the UK’s former ambassador to Washington.

Police arrived at the Sandringham home of King Charles III’s brother this morning. (AP)

King Charles in October stripped his younger brother of his royal titles, including the right to be called a prince, in an effort to insulate the royal family from the continuing revelations about his friendship with Epstein.

Prime Minister Keir Starmer was criticised for poor judgment and faced a challenge to his leadership after the documents revealed Mandelson had a closer relationship with Epstein than he acknowledged at the time Starmer sent him to Washington.

– Reported with the Associated Press

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Zuckerberg Testifies: Landmark Social Media Trial Poised to Reshape Tech Industry

In brief This was the first time Zuckerberg, who owns Meta, addressed…

Renowned U.S. Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson Passes Away at 84

In Brief The Jackson family released a statement saying he “died peacefully…
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, King Charles III and Prince William, Prince of Wales

King Charles Responds to Brother Andrew’s Arrest: What You Need to Know

On the morning of his 66th birthday, the former Prince Andrew was…

Discover How Gaza’s Palestinians Are Observing Ramadan Amidst a Fragile Peace

In Gaza City, the streets, though lined with the remnants of collapsed…
Sydney had the nation's highest temperature just before midday today.

Sydney’s Sizzling Heatwave Ends Abruptly with Unexpected Downpour: A Weather Rollercoaster

Sydney was the hottest place in Australia briefly today before parts of…
The robots at the Chinese New Year Gala performed alongside several child performers in a routine lasting almost five minutes.

Robots Execute Backflips and Advanced Martial Arts in Dazzling Display

Robots performing backflips and wielding nunchucks have wowed audiences during China’s annual…
Wayne Bennett has endorsed the landmark changes to State of Origin’s selection criteria but has warned Australian rugby league chiefs not to alter core eligibility rules

Wayne Bennett Urges State of Origin Leaders to Maintain Key Rule Amidst Significant Eligibility Reforms

Wayne Bennett has given his support to the groundbreaking modifications in the…

Ukrainian Officials Boycott Paralympics: Unveiling the Controversial Decision Stirring Global Attention

In brief Both Russia and Belarus were subject to a blanket ban…

Unexpected Canine Competitor Steals the Show at Olympic Sprint Event

In Brief A Czechoslovakian wolfdog named Nazgul bolted onto the track during…
Mark Zuckerberg quizzed on children's Instagram use in social media trial

Mark Zuckerberg Faces Intense Scrutiny Over Kids’ Instagram Usage in Landmark Social Media Trial

Mark Zuckerberg faced a rigorous examination in a Los Angeles courtroom, engaging…
coles trolley

Court Testimony Highlights Supermarket Giant’s Genuine Commitment to Customer Care

The supermarket colossus, Coles, is embroiled in a storm of controversy over…
US ready for military strike this weekend, sources say

US Prepared for Potential Military Action This Weekend, Insider Sources Reveal

The US military is prepared to strike Iran as early as this…