Share this @internewscast.com
At least 67 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire as they waited for UN aid trucks in northern Gaza, the Gaza health ministry said, as Israel issued new evacuation orders for areas packed with displaced people.
The ministry said dozens of people were also wounded in the attack in northern Gaza on Monday AEST.
It was one of the highest reported death tolls among repeated recent cases in which aid seekers have been killed by Israeli gunfire, including 36 on Saturday.
Another six people were killed near another aid site in the south, it said.

The Israeli military reported that its forces had fired warning shots at a crowd of thousands in northern Gaza, aiming to eliminate what they described as “an immediate threat”.

It did not immediately comment on the incident in the south.
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) said that shortly after entering Gaza, a WFP convoy of 25 trucks carrying food aid encountered “massive crowds of hungry civilians” who then came under gunfire.
“WFP reiterates that any violence involving civilians seeking humanitarian aid is completely unacceptable,” it said in a statement.

In total, health authorities said 90 people had been killed by Israeli gunfire and airstrikes across the enclave on Sunday.

Israel expands displacement orders

After Israel’s military dropped leaflets urging people to evacuate from neighbourhoods in central Gaza’s Deir al-Balah, residents said Israeli planes struck three houses in the area.
Dozens of families began leaving their homes, carrying some of their belongings.
Hundreds of thousands of displaced Gazans have been sheltering in the Deir al-Balah area.
Israel’s military said it had not entered the districts subject to the evacuation order during the current conflict and that it was continuing “to operate with great force to destroy the enemy’s capabilities and terrorist infrastructure in the area”.

Israeli sources have said the reason the army has so far stayed out is because they suspect Hamas might be holding hostages there.

Palestinians carry humanitarian aid packages near a distribution center

Israeli air strikes continue across Gaza as residents struggle to find food and water. Source: AP / Abdel Kareem Hana

At least 20 of the remaining 50 hostages in captivity in Gaza are believed to still be alive.

Hostage families demanded an explanation from the army.

“Can anyone (promise) to us that this decision will not come at the cost of losing our loved ones?” the families said in a statement.

Accelerating mass starvation

Much of Gaza has been reduced to a wasteland during more than 21 months of Israeli bombardment, and there are fears of accelerating starvation.
Palestinian health officials said hundreds of people could soon die as hospitals were inundated with patients suffering from dizziness and exhaustion due to the scarcity of food and a collapse in aid deliveries.
“We warn that hundreds of people whose bodies have wasted away are at risk of imminent death due to hunger,” said the health ministry.
The United Nations also said on Sunday that civilians were starving and needed an urgent influx of aid.

Pope Leo urged the cessation of the “barbarity of war,” expressing his deep sorrow over an Israeli attack on the only Catholic church in Gaza, which resulted in the deaths of three individuals on Thursday.

Palestinians in Gaza said it was becoming impossible to find essential food such as flour.
The health ministry said at least 71 children had died of malnutrition during the war, and 60,000 others were suffering from symptoms of malnutrition.
Later on Sunday, it said 18 people have died of hunger in the past 24 hours.
Food prices have increased well beyond what most of the population of more than two million can afford.
Several people who spoke to Reuters news agencyvia chat apps said they either had one meal or no meal in the past 24 hours.
“As a father, I wake up in the early morning to look for food, for even a loaf of bread for my five children, but all in vain,” said Ziad, a nurse.
Others said they felt dizzy walking in the streets and that many fainted as they walked.
Fathers leave tents to avoid questions by their children about what to eat.
UNRWA, the UN refugee agency dedicated to Palestinians, demanded Israel allow more aid trucks into Gaza, saying it had enough food for the entire population for over three months which was not allowed in.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Jetstar

Airbus Recall Grounds Jetstar Flights, Leading to Long Passenger Queues

Jetstar flights across the country are facing disruptions, with delays and cancellations…
Lukas Schindler from Switzerland crossing the finish line at the Sydney marathon.

Heroic Swiss Tourist Identified After Bravely Attempting to Save Girlfriend from Shark Attack

A Swiss tourist who bravely attempted to ward off a shark during…
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is under pressure from the US to take an unfavourable peace deal with Russia.

Top Aide to Zelenskyy Steps Down Following Anti-Corruption Probe at Residence

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced Friday the resignation of his powerful chief…
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…

Olympia’s Maggot Farms in Australia Tackle $36 Billion Global Challenge

With food waste driving a measurable share of Australia’s emissions, efforts to…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…
Matildas defender Ellie Carpenter embraces Winonah Heatley during their match against New Zealand

Matildas’ Emotional Tribute: Star Player’s Hidden Heartbreak Revealed in Thrilling New Zealand Match

Winonah Heatley, a standout player for the Matildas, joined her team amidst…
Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy.

Teenager in Critical Condition After Adelaide Shopping Centre Altercation; One Arrested

A teenager is in critical condition, and a 20-year-old man is seriously…
WA man jailed for stealing intimate material and using 'evil twin' WiFi networks

Cyber Trickery: Man Sentenced for Crafting Deceptive ‘Evil Twin’ WiFi Networks at Australian Airports

A 44-year-old man has been sentenced to prison for orchestrating a scheme…
Neuroblastoma is a deadly cancer that can affect children as young as two-years-old. A new study by the Garvan Institute may have found a drug that can help cure it.

Potential Breakthrough Drug Surfaces for Treating Deadly Childhood Cancer

A medication, already approved for cancer treatment, might now offer a new…

Tragic Floods in Southeast Asia Claim Over 250 Lives

Days of devastating flooding across Southeast Asia have killed more than 250…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…