Share this @internewscast.com

Seventeen people have been injured in a knife attack at the central train station in the northern German city of Hamburg.
Emergency services said four of them suffered life-threatening injuries in the incident, while six others were seriously injured.

Authorities reported that seven more individuals sustained injuries while on the platform.

Woman detained after knife attack

Police said a 39-year-old German woman was detained at the station after stabbing people on platform 13/14 about 6pm.

The train station located in the heart of Hamburg, Germany’s second-largest city, serves as a key junction for local, regional, and long-distance train services.

Police said a 39-year-old woman was arrested at the scene without putting up resistance and that they believe after watching video footage that she acted alone.

They secured a knife.

Motive not clear, police say

There was no immediate indication of any political motive and investigators were looking into whether the suspect may have been mentally ill, police spokesman Florian Abbenseth said.
A high-speed ICE train with its doors open was still at the platform hours after the attack but Abbenseth said that it was not a crime scene.
Railway operator Deutsche Bahn said it was “deeply shocked” by the attack.

Four tracks at the station were closed Friday evening, and some long-distance trains were delayed or diverted.

A ban on carrying knives has been in place at the station since October 2023, with another ban on knives on public transport having taken effect in December 2024.
Chancellor Friedrich Merz’s office said the German leader was appalled by the news and told Hamburg mayor Peter Tschentscher in a call on Friday evening that “my thoughts are with the victims and their relatives”.
Germany suffered a number of attacks in public places in the run-up to parliamentary elections in February.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Minister for Home Affairs, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Minister for Cyber Security, Minister for the Arts and Leader of the House Tony Burke during the presentation and motion for second reading of the Combatting Antisemitism, Hate and Extremism (Firearms and Customs Laws) Bill 2026, in the House of Representatives at Parliament House in Canberra on Tuesday 20 January 2026. fedpol Photo: Alex Ellinghausen

Controversial Australian with ISIS Ties Temporarily Barred from Returning Home

Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke confirmed an exclusion order had been taken…
A police investigation is underway after this disturbing note was sent to Lakemba Mosque

Controversial Letter Sent to Australia’s Largest Mosque on the Eve of Ramadan

A chilling death threat sent to Australia’s largest mosque has heightened tension…

Renowned U.S. Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson Passes Away at 84

In Brief The Jackson family released a statement saying he “died peacefully…

Discover How Gaza’s Palestinians Are Observing Ramadan Amidst a Fragile Peace

In Gaza City, the streets, though lined with the remnants of collapsed…
US ready for military strike this weekend, sources say

US Prepared for Potential Military Action This Weekend, Insider Sources Reveal

The US military is prepared to strike Iran as early as this…

Sabina Ditches Snacking After Analyzing Sugar Levels: Is the Data Truly That Straightforward?

As Sabina Ziokowski glances at her app, a noticeable spike in her…
The sign outside entrance to the NDIS headquarters in central Geelong. The building is at 13 - 19 Malop Street

Government Employee Accused in $5 Million NDIS Fraud Case

An employee of the National Disability Insurance Agency is facing charges in…
Mark Zuckerberg quizzed on children's Instagram use in social media trial

Mark Zuckerberg Faces Intense Scrutiny Over Kids’ Instagram Usage in Landmark Social Media Trial

Mark Zuckerberg faced a rigorous examination in a Los Angeles courtroom, engaging…
coles trolley

Court Testimony Highlights Supermarket Giant’s Genuine Commitment to Customer Care

The supermarket colossus, Coles, is embroiled in a storm of controversy over…
NSW Premier Chris Minns insisted he would only move ahead with the proposal of an extra Anzac Day public holiday with the blessing of the RSL.

New NSW Public Holiday Sparks Concerns for Small Business Budgets

With the state’s latest Anzac Day holiday set to fall on Saturday,…

Unexpected Canine Competitor Steals the Show at Olympic Sprint Event

In Brief A Czechoslovakian wolfdog named Nazgul bolted onto the track during…
Wayne Bennett has endorsed the landmark changes to State of Origin’s selection criteria but has warned Australian rugby league chiefs not to alter core eligibility rules

Wayne Bennett Urges State of Origin Leaders to Maintain Key Rule Amidst Significant Eligibility Reforms

Wayne Bennett has given his support to the groundbreaking modifications in the…