Thailand's Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul gestures as he attends an event at the government house in Bangkok, Thailand.
Share this @internewscast.com
President Donald Trump has said Thai and Cambodian leaders have agreed to renew a truce after days of deadly clashes had threatened to undo a ceasefire the US administration had helped broker earlier this year.

Former President Donald Trump announced the renewal of a ceasefire agreement via social media after discussions with Thai Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Manet.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump stated, “They have agreed to CEASE all shooting effective this evening and return to the original Peace Accord established with my involvement, alongside the esteemed Prime Minister of Malaysia, Anwar Ibrahim.”

Thailand's Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul gestures as he attends an event at the government house in Bangkok, Thailand.
Thailand’s Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul gestures as he attends an event at the government house in Bangkok, Thailand.(AP)

Trump has frequently boasted about his role in resolving eight international conflicts, including the dispute between Thailand and Cambodia, showcasing what he claims to be his exceptional negotiation skills since reclaiming office in January.

He has also expressed a strong desire to be considered for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Speaking to reporters on Friday, Trump praised his administration’s efforts to curb the resurgence of hostilities, describing it as “a very good job.”

“I believe we managed to resolve the situation today,” Trump commented while hosting the 1980 U.S. men’s hockey team at the Oval Office.

“So Thailand and Cambodia is in good shape.”

Another ceasefire that Trump takes credit for working out, between the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda, is also under strain — just after the leaders of the African nations traveled to Washington to sign a peace deal.

A joint statement released by the International Contact Group for the Great Lakes expressed “profound concern” over the situation in Congo’s South Kivu region, where new deadly violence blamed on the Rwandan-backed M23 militia group has exploded in recent days.

The Great Lakes contact group — which includes Belgium, Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, the United States and the European Union — has urged all sides “to uphold their commitments” under the deal signed last week and “immediately de-escalate the situation.”

And Trump’s internationally endorsed plan to end the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza is still not finalised and in limbo, with sporadic fighting continuing while a critical second phase remains a work in progress.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Australia's closest ally has raised the alarm over the Coalition's leadership turnover, even joking it may not be worth building a relationship with the new shadow foreign minister. New Zealand foreign minister Winston Peters says he is 'aghast' at the 'inexcusable' turmoil in Australian political ranks, which he attributes to 'ego'. Mr Peters is now in his third stint as New Zealand's top diplomat, having served in the governments of Helen Clark, Jacinda Ardern and, currently, Christopher Luxon.

New Zealand Foreign Minister Criticizes Australia: Diplomatic Tensions Rise in Trans-Tasman Relations

Australia’s closest ally has voiced concerns over the frequent changes in the…

Renowned U.S. Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson Passes Away at 84

In Brief The Jackson family released a statement saying he “died peacefully…

Sabina Ditches Snacking After Analyzing Sugar Levels: Is the Data Truly That Straightforward?

As Sabina Ziokowski glances at her app, a noticeable spike in her…

Unexpected Canine Competitor Steals the Show at Olympic Sprint Event

In Brief A Czechoslovakian wolfdog named Nazgul bolted onto the track during…
coles trolley

Court Testimony Highlights Supermarket Giant’s Genuine Commitment to Customer Care

The supermarket colossus, Coles, is embroiled in a storm of controversy over…

Ukrainian Officials Boycott Paralympics: Unveiling the Controversial Decision Stirring Global Attention

In brief Both Russia and Belarus were subject to a blanket ban…
Nurse assaulted in alleged racist attack at Geelong gym

Nurse Targeted in Suspected Racially Motivated Assault at Geelong Gym

A young nurse has been left with a broken nose after being…
A police investigation is underway after this disturbing note was sent to Lakemba Mosque

Controversial Letter Sent to Australia’s Largest Mosque on the Eve of Ramadan

A chilling death threat sent to Australia’s largest mosque has heightened tension…
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

Breaking News: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested for Alleged Misconduct in Public Office

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been taken into custody under suspicion of misconduct in…
The sign outside entrance to the NDIS headquarters in central Geelong. The building is at 13 - 19 Malop Street

Government Employee Accused in $5 Million NDIS Fraud Case

An employee of the National Disability Insurance Agency is facing charges in…
US ready for military strike this weekend, sources say

US Prepared for Potential Military Action This Weekend, Insider Sources Reveal

The US military is prepared to strike Iran as early as this…

Discover How Gaza’s Palestinians Are Observing Ramadan Amidst a Fragile Peace

In Gaza City, the streets, though lined with the remnants of collapsed…