Blake Lively reacts to Megyn Kelly blasting her on Justin Baldoni suit
Share this @internewscast.com

Blake Lively has refuted claims made by Megyn Kelly, who criticized her for purportedly issuing a subpoena in Lively’s legal proceedings against Justin Baldoni.

The 54-year-old, known for her time on Fox News, directed her anger at Lively during Thursday’s episode of The Megyn Kelly Show after alleging that Lively’s attorneys served her with a subpoena.

The conservative media figure called Lively, 38, a ‘narcissistic bully’ and a ‘pretentious Hollywood snob,’ labeling her as ‘sad, pathetic, and untalented’ in a sharp critique on her SiriusXM program.

A spokesperson for Lively told the Daily Mail, ‘Ms. Lively has not issued a subpoena to Megyn Kelly at any stage of this legal process.’

‘Ms. Lively is actively seeking evidence to prove her case against Justin Baldoni, Jed Wallace, Melissa Nathan, and the Wayfarer Parties, regarding their alleged retaliation after she reported harassment on the set,’ the statement continued. ‘Pursuing discovery for evidence is a customary component of litigations.’

But in a statement provided to the Daily Mail, Kelly accused Lively’s team of hiding behind meaningless technicalities.

Blake Lively, 38, pushed back in a statement on Friday in response to Megyn Kelly's claims that she was served a subpoena by Lively's legal team as part of her legal battle with Justin Baldoni; pictured June 9 in NYC

Blake Lively, 38, issued her response on Friday, countering Megyn Kelly’s assertion that she was subpoenaed by Lively’s team in the actress’s ongoing lawsuit with Justin Baldoni; she is seen in NYC on June 9.

Kelly, 54, lashed out at the actress on Thursday's episode of The Megyn Kelly Show, calling Lively a 'narcissistic bully' and a 'nasty Hollywood snob' who was 'sad, pathetic, and untalented'

Kelly, 54, lashed out at the actress on Thursday’s episode of The Megyn Kelly Show, calling Lively a ‘narcissistic bully’ and a ‘nasty Hollywood snob’ who was ‘sad, pathetic, and untalented’

‘Typical Blake Lively — once again obfuscating to try to avoid embarrassment for her own inappropriate behavior,’ Kelly said. 

‘She subpoenaed the company that until recently employed me and my show staff, asking for documents, communications, contracts etc. about her, Justin Baldoni and their lawsuit, specifically naming me and my show in the subpoena.’

In her show segment, Kelly previously claimed that Lively — who has issued multiple subpoenas to various content creators amid her legal battle — refuses to accept that public criticism against her is genuine and not a smear campaign orchestrated by the director.

She stated that her team fought off subpoenas from Lively’s legal camp, that were trying to obtain the journalist’s private communications. 

‘We gave her absolutely nothing. Not one document, not one record, not one communication,’ she said, adding that Lively, ‘backed down and has now missed the deadline to pursue her harassment of me and my team any further.’ 

Lively has accused her It Ends With Us costar and director Baldoni of sexual harassment and retaliation, which he has vehemently denied.

Kelly described her legal victory as a First Amendment issue.

‘No world would I ever, ever allow my team’s communications to be turned over to a third party,’ she said.

'At no point in this litigation has Ms. Lively served a subpoena on Megyn Kelly,' Lively's spokesperson said in a statement to the Daily Mail; Lively pictured in 2024

‘At no point in this litigation has Ms. Lively served a subpoena on Megyn Kelly,’ Lively’s spokesperson said in a statement to the Daily Mail; Lively pictured in 2024

'Ms. Lively is continuing to pursue discovery in order to prove her case that Justin Baldoni, Jed Wallace, Melissa Nathan and the Wayfarer Parties¿ retaliated against her for speaking up against the harassment she and others experienced on set, as alleged in her complaint,' they continued. 'Seeking evidence through discovery is a normal part of the litigation process'; seen June 9 in NYC

‘Ms. Lively is continuing to pursue discovery in order to prove her case that Justin Baldoni, Jed Wallace, Melissa Nathan and the Wayfarer Parties’ retaliated against her for speaking up against the harassment she and others experienced on set, as alleged in her complaint,’ they continued. ‘Seeking evidence through discovery is a normal part of the litigation process’; seen June 9 in NYC

Kelly slammed the statement as 'Typical Blake Lively' and said she was 'obfuscating to try to avoid embarrassment for her own inappropriate behavior,' in a statement to the Daily Mail

Kelly slammed the statement as ‘Typical Blake Lively’ and said she was ‘obfuscating to try to avoid embarrassment for her own inappropriate behavior,’ in a statement to the Daily Mail

'She subpoenaed the company that until recently employed me and my show staff, asking for documents, communications, contracts etc. about her, Justin Baldoni and their lawsuit, specifically naming me and my show in the subpoena,' Kelly clarified

‘She subpoenaed the company that until recently employed me and my show staff, asking for documents, communications, contracts etc. about her, Justin Baldoni and their lawsuit, specifically naming me and my show in the subpoena,’ Kelly clarified

‘She has zero right to nose around in how I gather news or in how my team and I prepare for any show we do,’ the journalist added. 

Kelly said Lively was ‘unable to fathom that yours truly has developed a genuine revulsion toward her on my own. She posited that I must have bene ensnared in Baldoni’s alleged ongoing smear campaign against her.’ 

Kelly added that Lively ‘suggested that I was getting paid by Baldoni, or by his lawyer Bryan Freedman, for my anti-Blake coverage, demanding to see all documents reflecting this alleged agreement or payment structure. This is how narcissistic this woman is.’

‘She actually thinks I needed to get paid by Baldoni’s team to say negative things about her,’ Kelly said, adding, ‘I came to those conclusions totally organically.’  

Kelly then revealed, ‘We fought her subpoena and won’ before advising Lively to ‘try harder next time.’

‘I am a member of the press and you are a sad, pathetic, untalented, narcissistic bully,’ Kelly went on, adding that Lively’s ‘fight to harass me and my team ended in her getting nothing.’

Kelly then expressed her concern for the ‘many content creators whom we believe are being actively bullied by Blake Lively to this day.’

She said that while her team had the resources to hire a lawyer and tell Lively to ‘pound sand’ many others ‘don’t have those resources, and she knows it.’

Kelly previously claimed that Lively refuses to accept that public criticism against her is genuine and not a smear campaign. She bragged that she gave Lively's legal team 'absolutely nothing. 'Not one document, not one record, not one communication'

Kelly previously claimed that Lively refuses to accept that public criticism against her is genuine and not a smear campaign. She bragged that she gave Lively’s legal team ‘absolutely nothing. ‘Not one document, not one record, not one communication’

Kelly also went after Lively's husband, Ryan Reynolds, 48, calling him 'a bully'; Lively and Reynolds pictured in April

Kelly also went after Lively’s husband, Ryan Reynolds, 48, calling him ‘a bully’; Lively and Reynolds pictured in April

'These two Hollywood mega-millionaires think nothing of harassing powerless people on social media who have the temerity to write or speak negatively about Queen Blake,' she said; Lively and Reynolds pictured in April

‘These two Hollywood mega-millionaires think nothing of harassing powerless people on social media who have the temerity to write or speak negatively about Queen Blake,’ she said; Lively and Reynolds pictured in April

Kelly also claimed that Blake 'harassed Baldoni too' and leaned on her 'dragons' - husband Ryan and former friend Taylor Swift ¿ 'to be her enforcers'; Baldoni pictured 2024

Kelly also claimed that Blake ‘harassed Baldoni too’ and leaned on her ‘dragons’ – husband Ryan and former friend Taylor Swift — ‘to be her enforcers’; Baldoni pictured 2024

Kelly also went after Lively’s husband, Ryan Reynolds, 48, calling him ‘a bully.’

‘These two Hollywood mega-millionaires think nothing of harassing powerless people on social media who have the temerity to write or speak negatively about Queen Blake.’

‘Remember that the next time you see Ryan Reynolds trying to pawn himself off as the nice guy. He is a bully too.’

Continuing with the tirade, Kelly said it’s ‘ironic’ that ‘in an effort to disprove that she is an unlikeable bully brat who didn’t deserve any of the negative press she received, Blake Lively acts like an unlikeable bully brat.’

She then listed a series of complaints from people who claimed to have had clashes with Lively over the years, including Norwegian journalist Kjersti Flaa, who last year claimed that an interview with the star made her want to ‘quit’, in a clip shared to YouTube

Kelly claimed that Blake ‘harassed Justin Baldoni too’ and leaned on her ‘dragons’ – husband Ryan and former friend Taylor Swift — ‘to be her enforcers.’

She wrapped up the segment calling Lively ‘another entitled, nasty, elitist Hollywood snob who thinks she is untouchable’ and ‘believes that anyone who doesn’t worship her must be on the payroll of her enemies.’ 

‘No one has to pay me one dime to say negative things about you. I do that because I believe them and because you really are terrible,’ Kelly said. 

Media personality Perez Hilton has also been subpoenaed by Lively. Hilton called the subpoena 'burdensome' and 'too broad' in an interview with Page Six on Wednesday; Seen 2025

Media personality Perez Hilton has also been subpoenaed by Lively. Hilton called the subpoena ‘burdensome’ and ‘too broad’ in an interview with Page Six on Wednesday; Seen 2025

In July, Lively withdrew subpoenas issued to three independent content creators, including Lauren Neidigh (pictured), who had covered the lawsuit

In July, Lively withdrew subpoenas issued to three independent content creators, including Lauren Neidigh (pictured), who had covered the lawsuit

It is not the first time Kelly has clashed with Lively.

In April, Lively sparked a furious response from Kelly at the TIME100 all-star gala in New York City, following the actress’ controversial inclusion on the publication’s Most Influential People list.

Kelly, who was also included on the list, took offense to Blake being included.

‘She shouldn’t be here,’ she told Daily Mail on the red carpet.

Media personality Perez Hilton, who founded the eponymous celebrity gossip website in 2004, has also been subpoenaed by Lively.

Hilton called the subpoena ‘burdensome’ and ‘too broad’ in an interview with Page Six on Wednesday.

After he filed a motion to quash, Lively filed a cross-motion to compel, with a hearing set to take place in Las Vegas on Thursday.

In July, Lively withdrew subpoenas issued to three independent content creators who had covered the lawsuit.

Lively accused her It Ends With Us costar and director Baldoni of sexual harassment and retaliation, which he has vehemently denied. Their trial will begin in March 2026

Lively accused her It Ends With Us costar and director Baldoni of sexual harassment and retaliation, which he has vehemently denied. Their trial will begin in March 2026

The now-withdrawn subpoenas were initially sent to Google and X (formerly Twitter), requesting personal data from creators Kassidy O’Connell, McKenzie Folks, and Lauren Neidigh. 

The content creators pushed back, with O’Connell writing to the court, ‘There is no evidence or sound legal basis whatsoever to have issued this subpoena in the first place,’ and calling the broader effort a ‘witch hunt for discovery.’ 

Neidigh echoed the sentiment, describing the subpoena as ‘unduly burdensome,’ and accusing Lively’s team of attempting to ‘harass’ and ‘intimidate’ small creators. 

The long-running legal drama kicked off last December when Lively sued Baldoni for $250m claiming he had behaved ‘inappropriately’ on set.

He swiftly countersued for $400m claiming defamation – a move that has led to escalating rounds of claim and counterclaims on both sides. 

Their trial will begin in March 2026. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Well-known Arizona TV News Anchor Passes Away at 75

A beloved Arizona TV news anchor has died at the age of…

Former Stripper Alleging Priest was Her ‘Hidden Sugar Daddy’ Taken into Custody

A former stripper who claims a priest paid her nearly $300,000 to be…

Heroic Air Ambulance Crew Member Fatally Shoots XL Bully Dog During Triple Attack

A hero helicopter pilot shot a crazed XL bully dead which savaged…

Brian Viner’s Take on Guillermo del Toro’s Adaptation of Frankenstein

Frankenstein     Rating: Never mind your Tik-Tok influencers and adolescent pop stars, the…

CEO Identified Online as US Open Tennis Fan Who Grabbed Star’s Hat

A top chief executive has been accused of snatching a child tennis…

US City Residents File Lawsuit Against Democratic Leaders Over Worsening Drug Crisis

A group of fed-up residents are suing a Democrat-run city for allegedly…

Trump criticizes Illinois governor and vows action to address issues

President Trump heightened tensions with the Democratic Governor of Illinois on Saturday…

SNL Star Clarifies the Real Story Behind Their Surprise Dismissal

Saturday Night Live star Devon Walker is setting the record straight on his shock…

Hooters Plans a Return to Its ‘Charming Tacky’ Roots

America’s iconic ‘breastaurant’ is staging a comeback — and the man behind…

Rayner Employed a Wealth Protection Company for a Real Estate Transaction

The controversy surrounding Angela Rayner’s complicated financial dealings intensified today with revelations…

Jelena Ostapenko Issues Apology Following US Open Racism Controversy

Jelena Ostapenko has issued an apology for her remarks made to American…

Emma Willis Opens Up About Bruce’s Dementia in a Candid Interview

Weep not for Emma Willis. What she has wrought is particularly ghoulish,…