Indiana arson suspect allegedly cut off genitals and set it ablaze

An Indiana arson investigation took an unexpected turn after officials alleged the suspect admitted he had severed his own genitals and then set them on fire.

Christopher Peden, 36, first told Fort Wayne police on May 6 that he had been stabbed, according to court records obtained by FOX59.

Investigators later said Peden admitted that his initial account was false, the affidavit cited by the outlet states.

According to authorities, Peden then claimed he had entered a detached garage and “harmed himself.”

The court documents reportedly say Peden described using a kitchen knife to “cut off his penis.”

He allegedly went on to pour gasoline over it and “set it on fire on the floor of the garage just inside the door” at about 2 a.m.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department had responded that day to examine a fire reported at the garage.

At roughly the same time, police were also being dispatched to a reported stabbing, according to the affidavit cited in the report.

Christopher Peden, 36, was charged with felony arson after he allegedly cut off his own genitals and set them on fire in his family's detached garage

Christopher Peden, 36, was charged with felony arson after he allegedly cut off his own genitals and set them on fire in his family’s detached garage

The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to investigate a fire at the garage that Peden later allegedly admitted to starting himself after 'cutting off' his genitals

The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to investigate a fire at the garage that Peden later allegedly admitted to starting himself after ‘cutting off’ his genitals

The property was owned by Peden’s mother, according to court documents cited by The Smoking Gun. His brother David also lived there. 

David said a neighbor had woken him up and told him the detached garage, which did not have electrical power, was on fire. 

At that point, they realized Peden was missing.

Officers later encountered Peden, who was injured at the time, according to court documents.

As he was being taken to a hospital, Peden allegedly claimed he had been stabbed in downtown Fort Wayne.

He also told law enforcement he had been threatened the day before, per the reported filing.

But later, Peden had a sudden U–turn, as he told investigators that he had been ‘dishonest’ and ‘wanted to be truthful’ with them.

His alleged admission appeared to tie the reported stabbing with the garage fire.

Peden’s address was listed in the 800 block of Northwood Boulevard in court records.

Court documents alleged that Peden originally told police that he had been stabbed in downtown Fort Wayne

Court documents alleged that Peden originally told police that he had been stabbed in downtown Fort Wayne

Indiana court records viewed by the Daily Mail said that Peden lived at a home in the 800 block of Northwood Boulevard

Indiana court records viewed by the Daily Mail said that Peden lived at a home in the 800 block of Northwood Boulevard

Investigators recovered evidence from the garage after Peden’s shocking admission, per the reported affidavit.

Those items included a red plastic gas container, four BIC lighters and a kitchen knife.

However, court records did not indicate whether Peden’s genitals had been found or collected, according to WPTA.

Peden allegedly told investigators he walked away from the garage after setting the fire.

He has since been charged with arson, a Level 4 felony.

If convicted, Peden could be sentenced to prison for up to 12 years.

He entered a $10,000 surety bond on Tuesday, according to Indiana court records viewed by the Daily Mail.

A hearing is scheduled for next Monday, court records added.

The Daily Mail has reached out to David Andrew Felts, who is listed as Peden’s public defender, as well as the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office, the Fort Wayne Police Department and the Fort Wayne Fire Department for comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Surrogate Who Refused to Abort Baby Faces New Battle Over Child’s Name

A surrogate who declined to terminate a pregnancy after the baby was…

Sue Gray Says No10 Role Under Keir Starmer Was Unbearable

Sue Gray has described her brief spell working for Keir Starmer in…

Missing Sydney Bushwalker Lily Hooper Found Dead

The family of missing hiker Lily Hooper suffered an agonising few minutes…

Brooklyn Beckham’s Pizza Post Flooded With Heartfelt Fan Pleas

Brooklyn Beckham appeared to borrow a little inspiration from his famous relatives…

Jon Ossoff Stands by Controversial Remark About Female Trump Aide

WASHINGTON — Sen. Jon Ossoff of Georgia is standing by a controversial…

Women Left Behind in AI Jobs Boom as Hires Hit Just 26%

The artificial intelligence boom is fueling a surge in high-paying new jobs,…

Fewer Than 1 in 4 Brits Want Harry and Meghan Back in the UK

Public support for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle returning to the UK…

FBI Agents Seize Rep. Eric Swalwell’s Electronics at San Francisco Airport

Federal agents met Eric Swalwell at San Francisco Airport on Saturday with…

California Family’s $18M COVID Relief Fraud Spurs Senate Crackdown on Fraudster Families

WASHINGTON — Call it a family affair in fraud. A California clan…

Judge Bars Rep. Lauren Boebert’s Son Tyler Boebert From Contacting Ex in Child Exploitation Case

Rep. Lauren Boebert’s son, Tyler Boebert, has been instructed by a Colorado…

Trump to Headline Pre-Race Spectacle at Freedom 250 Grand Prix

The NTT IndyCar Series is preparing for one of the most distinctive…

Prince Harry Beams as He Breaks Cover Hours After UK Revelation

Prince Harry appeared in buoyant spirits as he was photographed for the…